TWO New Videos!

BoddaH1994

PKIC is proud to present to you two amazing new videos!

The first is a rare one; it’s an amazing video of the now-gone FLIGHT COMMANDER from opening day 1990 at the debut of this legendary Intamin machine. Click here to see that amazing video from PKIC and the History of Kings Island Yahoo Group., or go Park Info> Park History> Miscellaneous

The 2nd one is Zosobeasts’s first contribution since becoming a staff member on this site. It’s a video of the sky-jumpers from PKI’s tribute to 9/11 on 9/10/04. This awesome patriotic video has two jumpers with a large American flag and really neat pyrotechnics. Click here to check it out! Or go Park Info> Park Videos

Regards,

Ryan

Your Welcome for the Flight Commander Video it looks better on TV. I thought everyone would like to see something in that area of the park. The only other older ride that I have is Water Works. Its a walk around when it frist opened but its kinda boring to watch. I will have to talk to Dane about putting that on and Winter Fest 1985 video. I will try to get some screen clips for you in the mean time.

Just an observation, but to anyone wondering about the restraint issues for FC and how the lady fell out, at about 1:25 ish on the video, notice how high up that restraint fits on that man in the seat. the bottom of the restraint touches his chest, compared to The Vortex (or any other OTSR for that matter) which fits all the way down to your stomach. that, and not having a divider in the middle of the seat, its simple to see how she fell out of the ride.

Just an observation that is made more clear for you folks not familiar with the ride :).

m@ilman

From what I can tell from the Video most of the people are trying to get in the video in the crowd infront of Flight Commander. This happens alot in public when you have a camera and people know it will be on tv. As a camera man it drives you crazy because they mess up your work trying to get video of something with out anyone in the way. :cowboy:

notice how high up that restraint fits on that man in the seat.  the bottom of the restraint touches his chest, 

It looks like from the clip (after watching it for the 1,000th time) that it has a lap restraint as well. Was this clip from when it first opened? or is it from after they redid the restraint system. And what differences were there after they redid the restraint system after black sunday. I keep telling myself there was a cage or something like that. Any ideas?

From what I can tell from the Video most of the people are trying to get in the video in the crowd infront of Flight Commander.

What part of the video does this take place in? I never see a crowd in front of it. Am I missing something?