Season Pass = Free HH

KIfan73

I was wondering how long it would be until someone picked up on that. It's true, HH will be included in your pass in 2008. This was due to the overwhelming amount of Platinum Passes being sold and CF wishing to have chain-wide consistency.

Chain-Wide Consistency? Does this mean KBF's will be included with a Season Pass as well?

I was wondering how long it would be until someone picked up on that. It's true, HH will be included in your pass in 2008. This was due to the overwhelming amount of Platinum Passes being sold and CF wishing to have chain-wide consistency.

Chain-Wide Consistency? Does this mean KBF's will be included with a Season Pass as well?

Unlikely, Knott's is geographically isolated from the rest of the chain and is year-round, so I wouldn't count on it being free.

That's what doesn't make sense. Knott's Halloween Haunt charges separate admission and kicks everyone out at around 5-ish to prepare.

The former Paramount Parks' FearFests/Scarowinds were redone to resemble the Haunt at Knott's. That's why we had the Bare Bones Nights at the 'Island,' because Knott's does their Haunt from Wednesday through Sunday.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

con·sist·en·cy /kənˈsɪstənsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhn-sis-tuhn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -cies.

1. a degree of density, firmness, viscosity, etc.: The liquid has the consistency of cream.

2. steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: There is consistency in his pattern of behavior.

3. agreement, harmony, or compatibility, esp. correspondence or uniformity among the parts of a complex thing: consistency of colors throughout the house.

4. the condition of cohering or holding together and retaining form; solidity or firmness.

We may say many things about CF but Consistency and Price Integrity are not two of them.

The very first thing that popped in mind when I read the e-mail yesterday was: "Well, so much for Cedar Fair ACTUALLY caring about their customers". Whatever happened to "the park KNOWS the BIGGEST problem with Fearfest/Haunted Haunt is that it is too crowded"?! So THIS is their solution? Getting that e-mail was really a kick in the stomach...or maybe a little lower.

And before anyone says something like "People complain if it's free or if it's an upcharge they can't win", you can check my posts back 2-3 years and I have always been in favor of an upcharge to keep the crowds at a reasonable level. The thing that irritates me is that the park went out of their way to say Halloween Haunt was not going to be included with season passes and now this...like WooferBearATL said, consistency is not anywhere to be found.

What amazes me most is when you buy a season pass from this company, the terms and conditions of what it does and does not get you change and keep changing. Remember last year at first they were not even sure if parking was included or not. Whether or not there would be gold pass perks. Even now, this year, it is still not KNOWN WITH CERTAINTY whether or not a Platinum Pass gets you home park benefits at parks other than where it was purchased. Conflicting stories abound, with sources being park employees whose job it is to know these things.

The "season's pass" program, as Mr. Kinzel insists on calling it, needs simplicity and uniformity. At first, I thought this season they had that. Obviously, I was wrong.

What amazes me most is when you buy a season pass from this company, the terms and conditions of what it does and does not get you change and keep changing. Remember last year at first they were not even sure if parking was included or not. Whether or not there would be gold pass perks. Even now, this year, it is still not KNOWN WITH CERTAINTY whether or not a Platinum Pass gets you home park benefits at parks other than where it was purchased. Conflicting stories abound, with sources being park employees whose job it is to know these things.

The "season's pass" program, as Mr. Kinzel insists on calling it, needs simplicity and uniformity. At first, I thought this season they had that. Obviously, I was wrong.

Think of It Like A Magic Box.

One Time You Look At it It's An Amusement Park....

One Time You Look At it It's A Theme Park....

One Time You Look At it It's a Hippopotamous!!!!

<G>

Yes, but one time or one time per night of the Haunt? And will there be an upcharge for general admission peeps who want to go to the Haunt? And can we assume the no-re-entry policy that both Cedar Fair and Six Flags have adopted for their haunt events will continue?

Haunt will be the same program this year as it was last year, so you get to visit Haunt as often as you'd like. I will get answers to the rest of your questions.

Update: The rules for Haunt are the same as last year. Your pass will be good for entrance to Haunt on any public day, but there will be no reentry. The time split on VisitKingsIsland.com reflect the time when the transition will take place. Parts of the park will close around 6:00 as they have in years past.

I'm glad to hear that HH will be free, I don't really care that much about the hh activities but October is my favorite time of year weather wise to go to the park, I probably went to KI in October more than the rest of the year due to the brutal heat all summer and since the park is for all pracitical purposes closed in September, as somebody who loves amusement parks but hates 90 degree weather October is a must