A little different spin

The Beast Rider

It seems that not much new information has come about for the rumor coaster lately, but in looking through the 90 pages of info, there are a few questions that pop out to me.

Now, IF this coaster is really going to happen, and IF the construction is as far along as is rumored, what do you suppose will happen come April 19? Will we have some sort of press release by then do you suppose?

Rumor has it that there are footings in Swan Lake already, do you suppose they will try to disguise them somehow if they are in fact there? What about construction in the woods that is visible from the Eiffel Tower?

Or, do you suppose they will just hide everything in plain sight like the did Maverick at CP?

You only need to look back nine years to see what they will likely do. That is the year that Son of Beast construction was evident on opening day. The park really didn`t try to hide the construction work. They did not announce the ride until May of that year.

If there is construction on opening day this year, and it is in an area of the park that is more prominent (and surrounded by park midways) there will very likely be tall construction fences erected. That being said, if there is a major ride coming in 2009, I doubt they announce it until later in the summer, like the end of July or in August. That way, they can build excitement for the following season and drum up season pass sales for 09 when those go on sale.

You only need to look back nine years to see what they will likely do. That is the year that Son of Beast construction was evident on opening day. The park really didn`t try to hide the construction work. They did not announce the ride until May of that year.

If there is construction on opening day this year, and it is in an area of the park that is more prominent (and surrounded by park midways) there will very likely be tall construction fences erected. That being said, if there is a major ride coming in 2009, I doubt they announce it until later in the summer, like the end of July or in August. That way, they can build excitement for the following season and drum up season pass sales for 09 when those go on sale.

Thats what i think they'll do. Just like Behemoth did except i don't think Behemoth started and construction til June or July. Well probably see track on site in July, and if this thing will be as big as they say it probably won't be done til This time next year. And then it should be testing in April, unless it opens along with the park... then it'll be testing in March.

• Like 1

It seems that not much new information has come about for the rumor coaster lately, but in looking through the 90 pages of info, there are a few questions that pop out to me.

Now, IF this coaster is really going to happen, and IF the construction is as far along as is rumored, what do you suppose will happen come April 19? Will we have some sort of press release by then do you suppose?

Rumor has it that there are footings in Swan Lake already, do you suppose they will try to disguise them somehow if they are in fact there? What about construction in the woods that is visible from the Eiffel Tower?

Or, do you suppose they will just hide everything in plain sight like the did Maverick at CP?

Maverick didn't cross over any midways.

If This coaster has the proposed layout, it'll cross right ontop of the Rivertown Midway (which promises to be a cool effect!).

I'd side with CoastersRZ, they aren't going to try to hide it, especially if the main lift goes right over where people are walking!

it would be tough to hide a roller coaster on swan lake like they did maverick, because maverick was built in an area that was sorta hidden unlike swan lake that has a main path that runs along side it

Maverick was anything but hidden and was nearly completely erected by the time CP finally announced the thing in the fall. Dont expect an official anouncement, do expect to see the thing getting built, and sneaky, witty coming soon signs on a themed construction wall. CF has learned that sites like this pay much more attention to and hype up park construction more when we don't know the details.

2BMasterofK.I._2...

2BMasterofK.I._29

View Member Profile Yesterday, 11:59 AM Post #9

KIC Tourist

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,348

QUOTE (PKIVortex @ Feb 10 2008, 04:31 AM)

I could never get bored of Kings Island. I like to ride my favs over and over again.

I don't think any new rides are coming in 2008, but 2009 will probably be a big year.

I always like to make guesses based on what I would do if I were involved in the planning for the parks future and management. I think that I would allow the season to go with the reality of everyone understanding that the newest attraction for the park would be the new logos and names for the rides.

Throughout the year, people would get used to this, and maybe they will catch our attention with some surprise concerts or events. Maybe some shows will be altered or maybe new shows will be introduced. This would be new attractions for the park. If they read through this website at all, and others they will recognize that the shows are an important factor for Kings Island. It has been said so over and over again on this website alone. They need to make new great shows. Maybe they are listening to that. They might also add a little umph to the 4th of July celebration. Who knows they might.

On top of this, they might add more to the Halloween Haunt. Maybe some more shows during the Haunt could be beneficial.

If they did all of this, 2008 could still be a very big year. And something tells me that this year will be similar to 1999.

I have no proof of this. And I am not trying to start some stupid rumor. This point above all needs to be made clear. But if the rumors of a hypercoaster in 2009 are true. Wouldn't the park try to shadow the 2008 season with some kind of an official announcement that it was going to be coming in 2009. I think it would silent disapproving voices, and raise a few quiet ones. In much the same way that being able to watch the Son of Beast become raised did for fans of the park in 1999. Does anyone else remember walking back to Top Gun in "99" and staring at the intro to Son of Beast, and watching them build the 1st section of the track. I know I do, and I know that for me, it overshadowed the current year in full.

Again, I am not speaking of actual occurances, and I am not speaking of heard rumors. This is just a spectacular way to explain in our fun world of K.I. fantasy, what I would do.

This was from another forum......enough said

I gotta think that Kings Island is a brand new experience to at least a couple thousand people each year; people who are visiting a theme park probably for the first time in their lives. Even without new atttractions, the legendary ones instill awe to new visitors every year. I think that many regional folks don't know much about other parks and their rides, so attractions like "Beast", "Firehawk" and "The Vortex" become "first impressions" of world-class coasters to them (they probably don't care about how common, or how 'used' they are). It never gets old to hear first-timers' reactions to riding these classic (and sometimes newer) giants.

Thanks for your help, but:

* I knew that

* It was meant as a sign, not a joke...or in this case as signs.

In this case, I write them, you interpret them. . .

Along those same lines:

Send in the cranes...

There ought to be cranes...

and now it IS next year...

I knew you knew since you're the one that wrote it...I was talking to the person above you...sorry for the confusion.