I wish new rides would come soon

NatiReds084

I like Kings Island a lot, it's a good place to go and have fun with your friends. Obviously, but the problem is whenever I go there me and my friends usually are ready to leave after like 5 hours. I wish we could stay longer but there just isnt much to do. Lets be honest... Tomb Raider and Son of Beast are terrible rides so we dont even ride those, italian job (backlot stunt track) is ok and top gun (flight deck) just isnt the same. Adventure Express is for kids basically so thats out. So that leaves Vortex, Invertigo, The Beast, Drop Tower, delerium, Firehawk, The Racer, and Flight of Fear. These rides are great and all but its just not that many. Those can be done and overwith fairly quick. I just wish there were more sweet rides to go on. I could spend a weekend at Cedar Point and not want to leave at any point but you cant even get through half a day at pki without getting fairly bored. Im just hoping they get a few new rollercoasters and thrill rides in the upcoming years. Is anyone with me on this one?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NatiReds84, for you I have three words:

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Example: As many here know, I adore Six Flags Great Adventure. It takes me some time to get there, and I don't get to go there anywhere near as often as I would like. Many of the park's locals greatly prefer Cedar Point and think I am somewhat tetched. I have been to Cedar Point many, many more times than to Great Adventure. For years, I believed enthusiasts' horror stories about Great Adventure. It was many, many years before I finally ventured there and discovered what a delightful (and strange to a Midwestern boy like me) experience it can be!

I am fully convinced that one reason I adored Kings Island far more in its early years is I did not have the wherewithal, nor did my family, for us to go more than once a season. There were no season passes. It was a special experience, to be savored until the next year.

If it means anything to you, many people who live in Orlando are bored with the parks there, and seldom go. So much so that special deals are offered to Florida residents to entice them to come and spend money in the parks.

It's true in New York City, too. Many there are not enamored of the Statue of Liberty, for example. It's always been there, they've been once or a hundred times, and have no desire to go again. It's human nature. That which is local cannot be much count, many think.

Heck, even you have engaged in it. If you lived in Norwalk and had a season's pass (with apologies to Mr. Kinzel) to Cedar Point, I bet you'd find Kings Island far more and Cedar Point less enticing than you do in Dayton.

In the future, you may well find new rides and coasters at Kings Island. That being said, in the short term future, I would not expect multiple coaster installations at Kings Island or any other Cedar Fair (or Six Flags) park, except, perhaps, Cedar Point.

I could live at Kings Island. I never get bored of it's options, and when you compare it to other parks, Kings Island has a pretty wide varitey and a great option of rides,

plus unlike some other parks, Kings Island not only has enough money to keep opening each year, but enough money to add new rides and rollercoasters every now and again.

So be happy with what you have, there's more to come!

i've never been bored at Kings Island...on slow days, its nice to ride a coaster and go sit down, or watch a show, then go back to rides....

like someone above stated, i live between KI and CP (Columbus, OH), so i go to both of those parks equally...this will be my second year with a CF season pass...i may try to venture to some of the other CF parks this year....Kings Dominion is a definite, especially now that they have Dominator, my favorite coaster from GL (which I probably won't be visiting because I'm not much for water parks). Dorney Park and Carowinds also look promising....Has anyone ever been to Michigan's Adventure or Worlds of Fun, and if so how are they?

I could never get bored of Kings Island. I like to ride my favs over and over again.

I don't think any new rides are coming in 2008, but 2009 will probably be a big year.

I always like to make guesses based on what I would do if I were involved in the planning for the parks future and management. I think that I would allow the season to go with the reality of everyone understanding that the newest attraction for the park would be the new logos and names for the rides.

Throughout the year, people would get used to this, and maybe they will catch our attention with some surprise concerts or events. Maybe some shows will be altered or maybe new shows will be introduced. This would be new attractions for the park. If they read through this website at all, and others they will recognize that the shows are an important factor for Kings Island. It has been said so over and over again on this website alone. They need to make new great shows. Maybe they are listening to that. They might also add a little umph to the 4th of July celebration. Who knows they might.

On top of this, they might add more to the Halloween Haunt. Maybe some more shows during the Haunt could be beneficial.

If they did all of this, 2008 could still be a very big year. And something tells me that this year will be similar to 1999.

I have no proof of this. And I am not trying to start some stupid rumor. This point above all needs to be made clear. But if the rumors of a hypercoaster in 2009 are true. Wouldn't the park try to shadow the 2008 season with some kind of an official announcement that it was going to be coming in 2009. I think it would silent disapproving voices, and raise a few quiet ones. In much the same way that being able to watch the Son of Beast become raised did for fans of the park in 1999. Does anyone else remember walking back to Top Gun in "99" and staring at the intro to Son of Beast, and watching them build the 1st section of the track. I know I do, and I know that for me, it overshadowed the current year in full.

Again, I am not speaking of actual occurances, and I am not speaking of heard rumors. This is just a spectacular way to explain in our fun world of K.I. fantasy, what I would do.

See, hears the thing. If they announce a major new ride for 2009 early in the 2008 season, they could have some issues. Like the family that only occasionally visits once every couple of years might opt not to visit in 2008 because there is nothing "new." Instead, they will wait to visit the park in 2009 when there is a new attraction. However, if the park waits to make the announcement after this family has already visited the park in 2008, then they will want to make another visit next season. This results in Kings Island making this family making visits in both 2008 and 2009 as opposed to just 2009.

That is the primary reason I think they`ll hold off on any such announcement, if they indeed have one to make. Of course, I have been wrong before. And a perfect precedent that bucks what I described above is when they announced Son of Beast in the beginning of May in 1999.

If They're building ahuge coaster for '09, then they need to do something for publicity, to get things stirred up. And to get everyone excited. I remember the HUGE "animated" box they had for Son of Beast, where it would rattle, and growl. It was awesome! So who knows, maybe we'll see some of these "teasers" and ints as to whats coming in '09.

Also, well said MasterofKI

Ya I mean I see what your saying about riding your favorites multiple times. I would be all for that its just my friends are ready to go after we ride everything once. I dont really know whats up with that since we could easily spend more time at KI and not be bored or we could leave and be bored which is what we usually do. I guess im hopin they make more rides for my friends sake so they arent so eager to leave haha. Im hearing 2009 will be a big year, in the mean time I look forward to multiple trips to KI and a few trips up to Cedar Point to go on rides I didnt get on before. Maybe we can extend our days with some time at the waterpark or something.

I am certainly never bored at Kings Island, and I usually find more than enough to do to fill an entire day. I do wish they would add more flats back to the Coney Mall bring back some kind of flying scooters, and I hope with a passion that the rumors of a hyper coaster in 2009 are true because I sincerely believe that Ki NEEDS that. And just thinking about now nice the ferris wheel from Geauga Lake would look in Octoberfest on the lake makes me wishful...

But I still find plenty to do and I am never bored.

And one more thing. In my opinion, Adventure Express is not just for kids. I have a blast on it, and I am 41!

Whether Adventure Express is for kids or not is opinion I suppose but that isnt the point here. I just wanna see some sweet rides go in. I love Kings Island as it is I just feel more could go in to make the day more exciting. I feel most of the rides lack giving you that feeling I got before almost every ride at Cedar Point. That feeling is nervousness which adds a lot to a ride. Dont get me wrong though Im not tryin to hate on PKI.

Bored??? At KI????? HUH?????

I have my own little traditions that I NEVER tire of. Let's think of a typical day from 10am to 10pm and I bet we can fill it. I'll make this a light day with very limited lines.

Start with The Beast at opening and camp out there for an hour at least. That takes you until 11.

Work your way over to The Racer by riding Backlot Stunt Coaster, Shake Rattle and Roll, Vortex, Zephyr, Scrambler, Monster, and then Racer on both sides. That ought to be at least 12:30, which makes it time for lunch. I frequent Stunt Crew Grill.

That's 1:00. Ride Drop Tower, Invertigo, Son of Beast, Flight Deck, and Delirium, there's 2:00 with repeats easy.

Work back around via Viking Fury, Adventure Express, Racer a couple more times and that's 3:00.

Hit X-Base and depending on the day that could be 3:30 or 4 easy. Now ride Flight of Fear again, and that will be 4 almost guaranteed.

Cut across and go up Eiffel Tower and then take a look out over and take pictures--there's 4:30.

Now go over to Kings Island Railroad and take it to the water park. Spend some quality time with Tasmanian Typhoon, Snowy River Rampage, Down Under Thunder, Bondi Pipeline, Awesome Aussie Twister, Coolangatta Racer, and then repeat a few and that can easily take you until Boomerang Bay closes at 7. Then on your walk back you can take a spin on Avatar, Reptar, Beastie, and then I would be hungry again just in time to eat at Chick-Fil-A. That's about 8:30.

I haven't been on Tomb Raider yet so ride that and The Beast a few more times, and there is 9 or 9:15 probably.

Then it's time to go for a final spin on Son of Beast and Flight Deck, and then take Racer for a final couple of spins. That would probably be just in time for you to head back to The Beast just in time for "The Beast will temporarily be suspending operation at this time due to the location of tonight's Fireworks Spectacular. After the fireworks we will guarantee all guests an opportunity to ride after we receive a call from management." And that finishes out your day with absolutely no trouble on a LIGHT day. He he! I never even mentioned some rides such as Congo Falls, Wild Thornberry's, or White Water Canyon. On a day with lines, a good quantity of time would be spent in line.

How could anyone be bored with so many great things to do.

By the way, this was a simulation. I will willingly admit this is not an every-visit pattern. I usually spend way more time running back and forth to The Beast between rides on something else.

I'll certainly be there open to close on opening day, and the next weekend on sunday, and the next, next, next, next....

COME ON APRIL 20TH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever been to Michigan's Adventure

No, but I would go to MA anytime with Shivering Timbers!

Yes, someone has been to Michigan's Adventure. Many, many someones. I hope you enjoy Shivering Timbers. The best ride in that park, for my money, is the Arrow Mouse. I believe it is called Mad Mouse. Definitely one of the best mice in the country, though Idlewild has a much better Vekoma (yes, Vekoma) Mouse. And once upon a time, the Wolverine Wildcat was one fantastic wooden roller coaster...but that was a very long time ago.

Has anyone ever been to Michigan's Adventure

No, but I would go to MA anytime with Shivering Timbers!

Yes, someone has been to Michigan's Adventure. Many, many someones. I hope you enjoy Shivering Timbers. The best ride in that park, for my money, is the Arrow Mouse. I believe it is called Mad Mouse. Definitely one of the best mice in the country, though Idlewild has a much better Vekoma (yes, Vekoma) Mouse. And once upon a time, the Wolverine Wildcat was one fantastic wooden roller coaster...but that was a very long time ago.

Ok, great...The main reason I asked is because it just doesn't seem to be the same type of park as KI, KD or CP...not that there's anything wrong with that...Yeah, I've seen pictures of their Mad Mouse and it looks fun!

In my opinion, most any park is a park worth going to! Kings Dominion has Volcano: The Blast Coaster, which I adore. Grizzly is a very moody wood coaster...I've had great rides on it, I've had mediocre rides on it, and I've had boring rides on it. You never know what to expect. Rebel Yell and Hurler have run better in the past than they have recently, but perhaps they got some work done on them in the off-season.

Shockwave is a somewhat tamer version of Kings Island's once King Cobra...and worth the ride, particularly if you have never ridden a TOGO standup...these coasters may be entering their last days...I hope not, but you never know. Dominator will be there from Geauga Lake, and many love it.

I MUST mention Avalanche, the only ride of its kind in the USA...and fun! Anaconda is a lot like Vortex, except it dives below the surface of the water over which it is erected, and it is, for me at least, quite the head-banger.

The Coney Mall re-creation at Kings Dominion still looks much more traditional than does the same area at Kings Island. The Royal Fountain never fails to make me a bit wistful, as the standup fountains in the middle of the water...don't...they are below the water.

I cannot write of Kings Dominion without noting just how close it is to Busch Gardens Europe...if you've never been to a Busch park and can at all get there, you really should go. . . for one thing, there's a very, very good B and M coaster there...and at least another one, and one of the best Arrow coasters ever made lurks there daily.

I like Kings Island a lot, it's a good place to go and have fun with your friends. Obviously, but the problem is whenever I go there me and my friends usually are ready to leave after like 5 hours. I wish we could stay longer but there just isnt much to do. Lets be honest... Tomb Raider and Son of Beast are terrible rides so we dont even ride those, italian job (backlot stunt track) is ok and top gun (flight deck) just isnt the same. Adventure Express is for kids basically so thats out. So that leaves Vortex, Invertigo, The Beast, Drop Tower, delerium, Firehawk, The Racer, and Flight of Fear. These rides are great and all but its just not that many. Those can be done and overwith fairly quick. I just wish there were more sweet rides to go on. I could spend a weekend at Cedar Point and not want to leave at any point but you cant even get through half a day at pki without getting fairly bored. Im just hoping they get a few new rollercoasters and thrill rides in the upcoming years. Is anyone with me on this one?

you really need to give Son of Beast and the crypt(tomb raider) another chance. Son of Beast is alot smoother than it was and the crypt, for the time it ran last year, was running alot better imo exept that they had taken alot of the things the ride did out like when it holds you upside down

Tomb Raider was amazing when all the themeing was working it wasnt really meant to be as thrilling as other top spins, maybe the new program will change that.

Oh really, you mean to tell us that a big time amusement park put in a ride that was not suppose to be as thrilling as other rides of the same type? They would do that intentionally? I highly doubt that, even if it was Paramount.