I wish new rides would come soon

NatiReds084

I know this has been harped on time and time again, but Kings Island really needs some non wild adult rides, one of my favorite things about Cedar Point is taking a break from the wild rides and relaxing on things like the sky ride, or antique cars or the ferris wheel or paddle wheel excursion, or the train (ki train to me has never been the same since it became a transport to the waterpark), Lots of great thrill rides, but I would like to see more leisure rides

Yea the train used to be a lot different as I remember. They actually had like a story to go along as you rode the train I think. Im pretty sure they had like indians and stuff running around haha. Maybe I am wrong... I was pretty young, now its just a ride to the water park. I am sure a lot of people would like it to be like the old way even though I personally dont care.

Yes they had actors doing shoot outs and so on! Those were the days for sure

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So get yourself some park friends if you want to go to a park with friends. Or get yourself some friends who do what you want to do and you do what they want to do.

Life is too short to let others tell you what you will NOT be doing. And your friends may have some interests that you at first don't, which will turn out to be rewarding long term pleasures. It was in that way that I became so much more of a park enthusiast/ethnographer than a coaster enthusiast. It didn't happen overnight, and it will serve me well as I inevitably (I hope) attain an age where coasters are no longer pleasurable. I am now at a point in my life where I get nearly as much pleasure going to a park and observing and experiencing it all by just taking it in as I do actually riding. Not quite, but darned close.

Do not take this the wrong way. One of my best friends, now gone (God bless her) was still riding more coasters than I did when she was in her late seventies. She was a bundle of joy and a treasure. Some of you may have heard of her or even knew her. Her name was Lucy White....and few experienced life with as much gusto as she did.

I have ONE friend. He is a mirror image of me and understands me in every way.

Every other friend i've had HATES amusement parks, that or is CLUELESS about them. And I'm sick of explaining rides and stuff.

Find a friend who understands you, and it'll be great. Not only does he know about KI, but you can discuss what KI should get in the future.

I love the park and could go everyday if I didnt have other things to do like work..lol.. I still go alot, sometimes with friends or my kids. I even like to go by myself... Sometimes when I go I wont even ride rides. I will just enjoy the park and shops and people watch. Anytime anyone wants to meet up there just hollar

For my family KI is the BEST!!! It has the best variety, and the best water park. I have been to Six Flags, which is alright, but not as great as KI. Cedar Point is Great if your a coaster freak. That is basically all they have. Their variety SUCKS!!!! KI is like a very minature disneyland as my 17 year old describes it. There is something for everyone. I have a couple members of my family that love coasters, and the rest don't. They love the water park, and especially the surf simulator. The rides that they like are not big thrill rides. The biggest ride my teenagers will ride is the Italian stunt job. They don't even like the Fairly Odd Parents coaster. Then again I have family members that will ride em' all. So variety is a great thing and KI has it. I just wish they would add back some of the past things such as the scenery to the train ride, the Enchanted Voyage, More water rides, and more medium rides (between the coasters and rides for the between 2 & 5 age group). If there is room ADD more rides!!!!! It can only get better.

For my family KI is the BEST!!! It has the best variety, and the best water park. I have been to Six Flags, which is alright, but not as great as KI. . . .

WHERE have you been to Six Flags? Some of the best parks I have ever been to have been Six Flags parks. So have some of the very worst.

Saying you have been to Six Flags without saying where is like saying you have been to Cedar Fair when all you have been to is Kings Island, or, for that matter, Dorney or Valleyfair.

For my family KI is the BEST!!! It has the best variety, and the best water park. I have been to Six Flags, which is alright, but not as great as KI. . . .

WHERE have you been to Six Flags? Some of the best parks I have ever been to have been Six Flags parks. So have some of the very worst.

Saying you have been to Six Flags without saying where is like saying you have been to Cedar Fair when all you have been to is Kings Island, or, for that matter, Dorney or Valleyfair.

Great America in Gurnee, IL

If anyone is keeping up on The rumor for new coaster in 2009 forum, I guess there are pictures and proof that KI has drained Swan Lake, and cleared land already to start the new coaster for 2009. I guess all exits from the Eiffel Tower are closed off and there are bulldozers. So any of you all hopeing for a new ride, from what I've read 2009 is the year.... :D

Just to reinforce what I started this topic off with... I was talkin to my friend today and he was tellin me how he doesnt like Kings Island and I just couldnt understand how you can like an amusement park. I could ride these rides all day. I just dont understand my friends.

Quite honestly, I really dislike KD. If I was not already traveling through that part of Virginia to visit BGE and if I did not have a season pass, I would not go there.

I could never get bored of Kings Island. I like to ride my favs over and over again.

I don't think any new rides are coming in 2008, but 2009 will probably be a big year.

<_< thats sucks, bc i was looking forward very much to a new ride.

oh well. heh.

but look at the bright side,

if they dont use a lot of money on other things at KI this year, and wait until next year to build a new ride, they have quite a bit more money to build an even bigger coaster in 2009! :lol:

<_< thats sucks, bc i was looking forward very much to a new ride.

Do I have to explain this again?

There are parks out there who haven't gotten a new ride in half a decade!

Be happy that we are getting 2 in 3 years!

Plus this year we get new names, new paint jobs, new shows, just to name a few!

Cedar Point is good for the family though , they have lots of flats, lots of kids stuff, another park to mention is Knotts berry Farm they have lots of coasters but the family side of stuff is great, THe best log flume, etc.

A family mountain ride through a mine awseome, stage coaches, lots of flats, etc. So the top 3 out of Cedar Fair for families I would say is ki knotts and Cedar.

Cedar Point is good for the family though , they have lots of flats, lots of kids stuff, another park to mention is Knotts berry Farm they have lots of coasters but the family side of stuff is great, THe best log flume, etc.

A family mountain ride through a mine awseome, stage coaches, lots of flats, etc. So the top 3 out of Cedar Fair for families I would say is ki knotts and Cedar.

When did we start talking about CP? :huh:

Since when is CP good for family? The last I checked it was more a park for coaster riders. Thats why my family would rather go to KI. KI is more of a family park, with rides for everyone of all ages. We have no desire to go to CP :P

Cedar Point has lots of family attractions, from great shows to tremendous flat rides. And many of their coasters are enjoyable for the entire family..from Blue Streak to Gemini to Iron Dragon.

Most of my family don't like the coasters. Anything more frightening than Italian Job, my kids won't ride. They range in age from 10 - 19. They are more fans of flat rides, water rides, and waterparks. My other half loves coaster. I like a little bit of everything.

Since when is CP good for family? The last I checked it was more a park for coaster riders. Thats why my family would rather go to KI. KI is more of a family park, with rides for everyone of all ages. We have no desire to go to CP :P

CP has always been good for the family. You need to check things again. CP has three different areas for kids rides. They also have a rather large assortment of family rides. More than most parks.

In comparison:

CP has 51 rides that are not coasters.

KI has 34 rides that are not coasters.

SFGAd has 48 rides that are not coasters.

Guest rcfreak339

I could stay all day at KI I really never get bored like at the KICentral Event we where there for a good 14 hours and I never was bored at all. :)