Concert

NatiReds084

They have a whole "Spirit Song Festival" that time of year. I guess that's one of the dates for it. Very popular event.

Are they doing Spirit song this year? I had heard a rumor they weren't

As far as i know they will be doing Spirit Song again this year. I dont know why they wouldnt, that festival is one of the BIGGEST money makers for the park and its one of the busiest times of the year (not to scare anybody away from the park at that time) so not only does the park make money from tickets to the concerts, but it makes a substantial amount of money in food, games, etc.

^So true. Spirit Song has grown from 2 separate concerts (Jars of Clay and dc Talk on separate dates) in 1996, to a 1 day festival, to a 2 day festival, and then the current 3 day format. At least one of the days, and sometimes two, sell out. It is a good event for the park, brings in a good chunk of money, and many people who like to spend that money. KI did a disservice to the Spirit Song attendees in getting rid of the campground, as many church groups stayed there during their visit. However I'm sure the revenue generated by GWL more than makes up for that. I just know many groups were disappointed that they could no longer mix and mingle with groups from other regions as they once could.

Spirit Song is typically held the Thursday, Friday and Saturday after the July 4th weekend, so Red's date would coincide with that. Tickets usually go on sale around this time of year, but so far they have not. I would suggest checking www.sonshineconcerts.com from time to time. This is the concert promoter's website, but nothing is on it about Spirit Song or Kings Fest at Kings Dominion yet.

According to www.pollstar.com, Jeremy Camp is scheduled for Spirit Song on July 11th, and Hawk Nelson and David Crowder Band are scheduled on July 12th. This website is usually a good precursor to coming events, even before they are officially announced.

However, Ryan is correct in stating that nothing official has been released by the park or the promoter.

^.....KI did a disservice to the Spirit Song attendees in getting rid of the campground, as many church groups stayed there during their visit. However I'm sure the revenue generated by GWL more than makes up for that. ....

Just remember, Cedar Fair in no way profits from GWL....it did not buy CBS's interest in GWL, which has since been divested to GWL.

Yes spirit song is awesome and I am not really religious, however i religiously attend Lt. Dan's backporch bar, does that count?...hehehe

Remember back in the day when Timberwolf was new? They had top headliners almost weekly.... Bring them back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when TimberWolf Opened and their was Mulch Under the Seats!

Mud and Mess!

LOL, that quickly changed to concrete.

lmaoooo, yes i used to work some concerts as an usher but in the 90's I was a runner. For anyone who doesnt know what that is, its when you basically stay behind the scenes with the artist and do what they want...lol... you have a full back stage pass to all areas...

Was actually Jimmy Buffett concert that I first mixed drinks. (LOL, at 16 or 17 none the less!) We took big plastic containers and just dumped bottles of Tequila into the Margaritta mix.

Lord! I smelled like a distillary when I was done.