Where at KI would you get married?

italianchef

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the humorous side of things:

If you are going to do the big splash, it would have to be on Amazon Falls.

If things have been rough, renew your vows on SoB.

Getting cold feet? FoF would be the way to go.

Not your first attempt at taking the vows? Do it again on AE.

Expecting a competitive marrige? Let Racer decide who will make the decision. (Just leave it to the imagination of who will do it backwards ;) .)

Pain in the a$$ mother-in-law? Show her that you are dropping into her family on DT. With a smile of course (and the threat of her restraint becoming undone)!

Are you a fat white guy with a super-model future wife? FOC makes the most sense.

Getting married to a much older person? Take a trip on the Crypt.

Ahhh. the list could go on and on....

:lol:

Drop Tower. Say the vows on the way up and then kiss the bride after the ride is over.

No wonder I'm not married...................

..which is kind of the way the ride opened on media day. For some reason, most of the couples were on the hefty side..so much so that some were not allowed to re-ride later in the day!

i think that if you would actually consider having your wedding at Kings Island I would say your love and devotion to this 500+ acre tract of land is likely reaching an unhealthy level. That being said- Festhaus. I have known of people who had their reception there... actually just one. And it was a key adm. employee many years ago when Mr. Fudd was a wee one. I don't think they are in the habit of renting that out. It was Nov. 1986 or 1987. The college age park security back then had a real power trip over a pre-teen that tried to venture outside a buillding. Almost like they were waiting in the bushes waiting to ambush when the door opened. Prep for Winterfest was in full swing so during daylight it was busy, but by dark it was CREEPY.

sorry a bit off-topic. I had forgotten all about that.

But the 500+ acre tract of land is so happy, and full of fond memories! Sure, it's a commercial enterprise where people spend lots and lots of money, but it's like no such place on the planet! People get married in Wal-Marts for goodness sakes. Places are special to people because of the good memories they have there.

Now, wanting to buried at KI...that would be unhealthy :P

But the 500+ acre tract of land is so happy, and full of fond memories! Sure, it's a commercial enterprise where people spend lots and lots of money, but it's like no such place on the planet! People get married in Wal-Marts for goodness sakes. Places are special to people because of the good memories they have there.

If you get married in a Super WalMart, you could actually get all the catering done in house!

Team that up with outfitting the entire wedding party!

Seems like a win-win situation.

If you get married in a Super WalMart, you could actually get all the catering done in house!

Naw, shucks, I'd have the recep'n over't the Bass Pro Shop, yessir! ...what, wait? Where'd the cowboy emoticon go? :blink:

Naw, shucks, I'd have the recep'n over't the Bass Pro Shop, yessir! ...what, wait? Where'd the cowboy emoticon go? :blink:

I love Bass Pro!

It's actually where I get most my clothes at.

I actually broke my rule about not attending weddings to go to my sister's wedding.

We went to Bass Pro to get the shoes to go with my suit.

Woo Hoo!

i think that if you would actually consider having your wedding at Kings Island I would say your love and devotion to this 500+ acre tract of land is likely reaching an unhealthy level.

A bit judgemental, eh? I've seen weddings and proposals happen in very odd or unusual places. I think the idea is to try to be unique. Case in point...I was at a Huntington Blizzard hockey game and they were giving rides on the zamboni during intermissions. Apparently, this guy had set up his girl to get a ride and about half way finished, the zamboni stopped on the ice. The driver was feigning a problem with the zamboni and her boyfriend came out on the ice and proposed to her. I thought it was pretty cool.

Italian Chef, I would say International Street right in front of the fountains.

i think that if you would actually consider having your wedding at Kings Island I would say your love and devotion to this 500+ acre tract of land is likely reaching an unhealthy level.

A bit judgemental, eh? I've seen weddings and proposals happen in very odd or unusual places. I think the idea is to try to be unique. Case in point...I was at a Huntington Blizzard hockey game and they were giving rides on the zamboni during intermissions. Apparently, this guy had set up his girl to get a ride and about half way finished, the zamboni stopped on the ice. The driver was feigning a problem with the zamboni and her boyfriend came out on the ice and proposed to her. I thought it was pretty cool.

Italian Chef, I would say International Street right in front of the fountains.

Ah! I went to a Huntington Blizzard's game once...a long long time ago...and I really can't remember it. But I did get this really cool hat there, so that's probably why I remember it.

Anyways, I'd have to go along with getting married on International Street, and since I'm doing my wedding on an unlimited budget (yeah right) I'd rent the park for the entire wedding party for that day.

I chose Rivertown on the poll--specifically The Beast. Not by The Beast, but ON The Beast! Now that would be a very memorable 4:50!!!

We'd have to go back every year and ride The Beast on our aniversary at the exact same time as we were married.

Then when I kick the bucket--cremate me and sprinkle my ashes as you come out of the long tunnel and drag them out until the base of the second lift hill. That is my favorite stretch of the ride.

PS--The proposal would also be on The Beast, the vows said on the first lift hill, the rings exchanged on the second lift hill, and the brake run would be the kiss. Everything in between would be prayer, as it is for many people!

Unhealthy--that's an understatement. KI is my home away from home, and it's going to stay that way!

Would Have to Opt for Canada's Wonderland as is legal there.

I agree. If at KI though I would have to say in front of the fountains on International Street with the Eiffel Tower in the background. However I do think it might be cool to say your vowels in the opening to the UFO on FoF. :P

Guest kwindshawne

It's not for me...but if I were to do it, it would have to be something different, like in Action Zone. I thought the bungee idea from years past was kinda cool.

As much as I love amusment parks, I never want to get married in one (however, it will be up to the future Mrs. more then likely.) But if I have any say, I want it in a church.

I would not be opposed to finishing the honeymoon (after a nice Caribbean location) at Disney World for a few days.

What if you were to get married - or renew your vows if you are already married - at Kings Island? Which area would you chose?

And specifically, which ride/attraction/place would your wedding be at? How would it be special?

Italian Chef

You know, I have to throw my hat to this topic italianchef. I believe that it is excellent. It has got to be one of the absolute best topics that I have ever seen on KICentral. ( just in my opinion )

And you know what, I think that if Cedar Fair reps. are reading this, they should consider making an area of the park just for weddings. Someone commented on Dollywood having a chapel. And I don't know about Dollywood, but Disney makes a fortune on their weddings. ( I have a friend scheduled to get married there this year. ) But in all seriousness, Kings Island should invest in making a chapel and surrounding theme for people to rent out for weddings.

Shoot, it would even be an excellent transformation for the Paramount Story in my opinion.

But to answer your question, if the picnic tables were cleared out, and some flowers and lights were put up, the one place currently in Kings Island that I would choose to get married would be the Vine Tunnel just to the left of Nickelodeon's Entrance. It would be pretty. I remember how beautiful it was back when you could walk all of the way through it, especially all decorated for WinterFest.

In a way, the location of this tunnel being right between Nickelodeon Central, and The Main Park kind of symbolizes the step between being innocent and being a child, and taking that deep breath before the necessary plunge of adulthood and the maturity required for a successful marriage. Plus I have really good memories of the place all through my life.