Drop Tower's Down Time

coaster_junky

I did notice a lot when i was at the park after they opened it back up that it was getting stuck at the top more than normal which i think was the reason for the downtime that it had especially toward the end of the season. I remember in September and October combined i counted about 6 or 7 times it was down because it got stuck at the top which i didnt think was normal.

I dont remember exactly why it wasnt spinning but i do remember hearing that the spinning will be back this season

I did notice a lot when i was at the park after they opened it back up that it was getting stuck at the top more than normal which i think was the reason for the downtime that it had especially toward the end of the season. I remember in September and October combined i counted about 6 or 7 times it was down because it got stuck at the top which i didnt think was normal.

I dont remember exactly why it wasnt spinning but i do remember hearing that the spinning will be back this season

I don't think it stops because of maintinance problems,

Last I checked it's to add to the tension.

It got stuck at the top with people on it?

It got stuck at the top with people on it?

Yes and i couldnt figure out why but im glad i wasnt on any of those cycles, i would have been scared to death

I can't imagine being stuck at the top of Drop Tower. I'm scared enough as it is, let alone getting stuck at the top.

I got stuck at the top during it's first year of operation (1999). This lady sitting next to me was freaky. What didn't help was the ops kept getting on the intercom saying they were experiencing technical difficulties and to enjoy the view on top of the worlds tallest gyro drop. We never did get to drop, they had to manually pull us down, which took forever. They did give us exit passes though to use later or on any ride of our choice.

Who would have thunk that few weeks later I joined the rides department at Kings Island. :)

i was just wondering if anyone else noticed that Drop Tower had what seemed to be more down time than usual after Cedar Fair replaced whatever part they did after the sfkk accident

I did not notice anymore downtime than usual, but if there was, it would be understood. I'm sure considering the accident at SFKK, most parks (not only KI) were ultra sensitive to any type of issue/ alarm etc. concerning a drop ride, even though DT is unlike S:ToP.

LOL What's the Dippin Dots guy doing riding Drop Tower 1?

I think he works for Cedar Fair naming Paramount rides.

That was too funny.

I didn't really ride Drop Zone after what happened at SFKK. I was stuck on Drop Zone before but we got to drop just took very long. Wish I had my camera could have taken pictures of the SOB being made.

I can't imagine being stuck at the top of Drop Tower. I'm scared enough as it is, let alone getting stuck at the top.

I got stuck at the top during it's first year of operation (1999). This lady sitting next to me was freaky. What didn't help was the ops kept getting on the intercom saying they were experiencing technical difficulties and to enjoy the view on top of the worlds tallest gyro drop. We never did get to drop, they had to manually pull us down, which took forever. They did give us exit passes though to use later or on any ride of our choice.

Who would have thunk that few weeks later I joined the rides department at Kings Island. :)

That happened when I was working at Thunder Alley over the summer. It only got about 50ft up and then it stopped. It was closed for the rest of the day and the next. It was entertaining!