Join the KICentral Mobile Club!

BoddaH1994

In an effort to bring to you the most updated information about Kings Island we have formed a new service in which you can get text alerts with updates directly to your wireless phone! Since this service is new to us and to you, we have decided to do a two month trial of this service. If you want to be one of the first to join KIC in creating the most immediate and up-to-date community, click the link below to sign up!

KICentral Official Mobile Group Powered by Broadtexter

Notes:

• KIC will never sell or share your private info. Broadtexter will not spam you or share your info either.
  • Although KIC is sometimes updated in the middle of the night, I assure you that you will only receive alerts during daytime hours.
  • Alerts may be sent as a test during the first two months, but you will tyically only get alerts when the front page is updated, which is typically once a week.
  • This service is 100% FREE, however you must check with your wireless provider in order to ensure that you will not be charged for receiving texts.
  • Periodically, you may be asked to fill out a survey about the functionality and usefulness of this service.
  • This program is 100% voluntary, so you may sign up or leave the program at will. At any point if you choose to exit the program, you can do so by going to Broadtext's web site, or by contacting myself.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for helping us provide you with the best possible experience that KIC has to offer!

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really excited about the level of support this thing has. No other amusement park site has done anything like it that I know about. Feel free to join in if you haven't yet. I'm looking forward to keeping KIC the most informed and up-to-date site out there!

I promise I'm not trying to rain on your parade because I do think this is pretty awesome that Kings Island in Mason, OH has one of the biggest fansite followings I know of; and it's pretty cool that the site is getting this advanced, but; wdwmagic.com, the disney parks fansite also has mobile abilities:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/mobiledevices.htm

This is where you go on your cell phone:

http://mobile.wdwmagic.com/

Still, it's probably safe to say that KIC is the first regional theampark fansite to do this.

I guess I understand that. Can you actually post with the text allerts or do you only recieve posts. The wdwmagic moble does require you to have internet on your phone. I use it every now and then on my razr. Since the texting doesnt operate in your phones browser, can you send things to the website, or only recieve things.

What exactly is an alert? An entire post, or an alert that someone has posted?

We should have a user manual for this :).

I guess I understand that. Can you actually post with the text allerts or do you only recieve posts. The wdwmagic moble does require you to have internet on your phone. I use it every now and then on my razr. Since the texting doesnt operate in your phones browser, can you send things to the website, or only recieve things.

Texts are limited to 160 characters, so obviously it won't be my whole multi-tiered posts from the front page. Typically it'll just be a two or three sentence blurb telling what's on the front page when I change it, and immediate updates if important news unfolds.

If you haven't gotten any texts yet, that's because I haven't sent any. I'm very committed to this not being a spam service, so I'm not going to do it unless I feel as though it's important. Within the next few weeks, more information will be coming our way from Kings Island about 2008 and that will make the service a lot more relevant.

Again, I appreciate the strong response we've been getting for this. Let's make it an instantly informative 2008!!

That varies by market and company. I have text messages available to me, and get to pay 15 cents for each one I receive. I loathe such messages, so I selected such a plan. In an emergency, I can get a text message. Otherwise, I really don't ever want to see or get one.

Terpy, the Luddite (in some ways, but not others)

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who got the texts:

Do you think the use of it was appropriate?

By the way, the people on the text lists were, and will continue to be the FIRST to get the latest KIC news and information. Things like that will become more and more important in the coming weeks and months, if you know what I mean. Sign up today!

Since your brought it up, if you respond to the texts, I get an email with your response. Kind of pointless, but if you really want to do it, knock yourself out.

I have Cincinnati Bell so I wasn't expecting this to work because usually they're no fun with free/cool text stuff. Like for some reason recently they stopped supporting forwarding messages from AIM.

So anyway, I did get the confirmation message sent to me but the number it was sent from was 000-000-0000. Obviously my phone cannot send a text back to that number. Does anyone have any suggestions?