Drop Tower

nhimes90

Speaking of Drop Towers i was up at Louisville for the National Farm Machinery Show & Championship Tractor pull which is located in Freedom Hall and literally right across the parking lot is Kentucky Kingdom and i saw Superman Tower Of Power and it just sent shivers up and down my spine because i realized the last time that ran was on that horrible day. It was just one of those things that you get a weird feeling when you see and think about it.

Speaking of Drop Towers i was up at Louisville for the National Farm Machinery Show & Championship Tractor pull which is located in Freedom Hall and literally right across the parking lot is Kentucky Kingdom and i saw Superman Tower Of Power and it just sent shivers up and down my spine because i realized the last time that ran was on that horrible day. It was just one of those things that you get a weird feeling when you see and think about it.

Speaking of that.....do you think they will reopen this year or next?

I really dont see why they are demolishing it because i mean rides have killed people before but it has withstood the test of time and i do beleive that they could put in a better thrill ride like they said they are planning to do.

Parks have removed rides with a history of fatalities before so this isn't unusual for SFKK to do. KD removed their Galaxi coaster within two seasons following a fatal accident in 1983 & added their togo standup in it's place in 1986.As for DZ I really hope CF isn't renaming it "Drop Tower" because that is totally non creative of them to do when they could just recycle the "power tower" name used on CP's S&S tower.

Heck even a simple name like "freefall" would be better.

Has anyone passed KI recently and noticed the door open to Drop Tower with a light on in it? It's been like that for three weeks now.

It's pretty obvious to me. They're laying a concrete footing on the top of Drop Tower for the 600' Dive Machine that's going to go right over it in 2009. :P

Has anyone passed KI recently and noticed the door open to Drop Tower with a light on in it? It's been like that for three weeks now.

It's pretty obvious to me. They're laying a concrete footing on the top of Drop Tower for the 600' Dive Machine that's going to go right over it in 2009. :P

Haha...I like it^ :lol: