Hanna Barbera

stremmefan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the many you speak of are not the kids that watch Nick, the advertisers that pay Nickelodeon to promote their product, or those in upper management of Nickelodoen whose job it is to be sure they are airing shows & events that people would enjoy.

Those many that share your opinion also seem to not include the patrons of the various stage & ice shows that feature Nickelodeon characters that sell out rather consistantly.

Nope, park's fine the way it is, if Hannah Barbera was such an excellent asset then I'm sure they would've kept it. They didn't.

H-B was great for 35 years. Cedar Fairs or whoever just wanted to come in and change what KI was.

It was actually Paramount, not Cedar Fair who dropped HB, and they didn't do it to "change what KI was" they did it because times change and they were adapting to the market. Nickelodeons popularity among the target audience of park goers surpassed HB.

Nope, park's fine the way it is, if Hannah Barbera was such an excellent asset then I'm sure they would've kept it. They didn't.

H-B was great for 35 years. Cedar Fairs or whoever just wanted to come in and change what KI was.

It was actually Paramount, not Cedar Fair who dropped HB, and they didn't do it to "change what KI was" they did it because times change and they were adapting to the market. Nickelodeons popularity among the target audience of park goers surpassed HB.

Technically it was CBS who dropped HB.

Not necessarily, yes CBS was the parent company at the time KI dropped HB, but Paramount Park's under viacom had begun phasing out HB at their other parks before the CBS/Viacom split. Even when KI did dropped all HB licensing, with the exception of Scooby Doo through sally dark rides, it was a decision put in place by the company known as Paramount Parks who had been placed under CBS during the split.

Times were different back then. When that happened, just as when I was in high school, the girl very often went away for awhile, and came back quietly, no one the wiser...and the child was put up for adoption.

Yeah, say what ya want but I don't believe that BamBam ever knocked up Pebbles.

We would have noticed.

I also don't think that we were as celeb obssesed as we are now (as a culture). If Zoey was on TV 20 years ago, we probably would not have found out that she was pregnant through all of the media, and we wouldn't have been so quick to judge her for a mistake (or mishap) that she made.

But on the topic... I voted to have both. This is just because I grew up with HB characters, and I know that my son loved Nick, when he was younger.

KI is a place for children and adults of all ages. Granted the adults grew up mostly with H-B, and the children of today mostly with Nick. There still are alot of children today that love H-B. The best thing to do is combine the two. Like the statement I started with, KI is for CHILDREN and ADULTS of all ages.

2nd, KI has been H-B since opening in 1972, WHY take that away??? OK, bring modern characters, but don't take away what everyone has known KI as. People has been visiting this park for 35 years. 35 years of memories, and entertainment. Why mess with a GREAT thing? Even children of today still enjoy H-B. So put in the most popular Nick characters along with the great loved H-B characters. Everyone will be happy! :)

KI is a place for children and adults of all ages. Granted the adults grew up mostly with H-B, and the children of today mostly with Nick. There still are alot of children today that love H-B. The best thing to do is combine the two. Like the statement I started with, KI is for CHILDREN and ADULTS of all ages.

2nd, KI has been H-B since opening in 1972, WHY take that away??? OK, bring modern characters, but don't take away what everyone has known KI as. People has been visiting this park for 35 years. 35 years of memories, and entertainment. Why mess with a GREAT thing? Even children of today still enjoy H-B. So put in the most popular Nick characters along with the great loved H-B characters. Everyone will be happy! :)

Park seems to be doing fine and has done fine since. You don't seem to understand that things change and business trends change.

There still are alot of children today that love H-B. The best thing to do is combine the two.

If that was the best thing to do they probably would have kept it that way.....they didn't.

Park seems to be doing fine and has done fine since. You don't seem to understand that things change and business trends change.

There still are alot of children today that love H-B. The best thing to do is combine the two.

If that was the best thing to do they probably would have kept it that way.....they didn't.

The park is doing fine, yes. Of course, it will always do fine, its KI. As for the 2nd statement, "they" is just a company that wanted to come in and change things just to make things different. It doesn't make it best because "they" decided it. The people that have visited the park and have loved the park during its years of operation are the ones that know best. :P

Hardly. The theme park business is a business. Patrons are not those in the best position to know how to run a park. It's like the restaurant business. Nearly everyone thinks they can run a restaurant, as they know how to cook and they know how to eat. It's a LOT harder than it looks.

And Cedar Fair BOUGHT Kings Island. They OWN it. They RUN it. They DECIDE its future. Customers can vote with their feet, should they choose to...but choosing to go or not go is about the only voice they have in the park's operations. That's the way it is.

The park is doing fine, yes. Of course, it will always do fine, its KI. As for the 2nd statement, "they" is just a company that wanted to come in and change things just to make things different. It doesn't make it best because "they" decided it. The people that have visited the park and have loved the park during its years of operation are the ones that know best. :P

Interpreter pretty much said it best and is completely right, but I just want to point this out: While the park patrons don't know what's best for the park and have a very misinformed opinion if they think that. the park is certainly going to cater to the patrons in an effort to keep them coming back and get more through the gates and they did exactly just that when removing HB for Nickelodeon. They didn't do it just to "change things" like you said, they did it because it was a business decision to benefit the park.

Exactly. Cedar Fair is in business to generate a return for its unitholders. They will do exactly what they think will best accomplish that. They must, or they will be subject to unitholder litigation for not so doing.

It's a business, not a hobby. If Cedar Fair thought that HB would bring in a bigger/better return than Nick, they'd do what is necessary to earn the bigger return. They have not. That should tell you something.

Besides, haven't we beaten this dead horse again and again and again?

Exactly. Cedar Fair is in business to generate a return for its unitholders. They will do exactly what they think will best accomplish that. They must, or they will be subject to unitholder litigation for not so doing.

It's a business, not a hobby. If Cedar Fair thought that HB would bring in a bigger/better return than Nick, they'd do what is necessary to earn the bigger return. They have not. That should tell you something.

Besides, haven't we beaten this dead horse again and again and again?

I know business owners know best when operating a business-I'M A BUSINESS OWNER, and a very BIG business owner, so you really can't tell me much there. When new business owners come in and replace old business owners they try to make changes they think are gonna change the previous way of operating into "their way" without considering the last 32 years of how it was ran, and how the patrons feel about the place they have been visiting for 32 years. Look at the poll so far, only about 6 people are willing to let H-B die. If more people voted (give it time) they will keep voting for H-B, combined with Nick. Thats what the people want. But to you, it doesn't matter what the people want. It only matters what the new business owners want! :angry:

A poll on a park enthusiast website is hardly comparable to the way a large corporation like Paramount Park's or Cedar Fair do market research, by the way what "VERY BIG" business do you own?

All you need to know is I do not own an amusement park. A poll on this internet site is people that Do go to KI. Its not just any internet site. Alot of these people have been going to KI for a very long time. People like you and the interpeter sound like people that are in with Cedar Fair or Paramount, and don't care what the people want either. I have always agreed that changes are always gonna take place. You don't have to kill off H-B. KI is a place for children and ADULTS of ALL AGES. Keep that in mind. And Yes, KI will always do great no matter what. Not because of the changes that are made by Cedar Fair or Paramount, but because of what KI is and always has been. Alot of people believe it should be Nick and H-B, whats wrong with combining the two? :unsure: