Oil Today Closed at $101.01

Guest kwindshawne
Oil hit a new record today, closing over $114 barrel. Predictions are for a rise of 20 cents a gallon or more over the next two weeks:

http://www.wday.com/news/index.cfm?id=3443

Oh, &&&&. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Seeing the price at $3.45 made me sick, now this is worse. I knew things were going to get bad, but this is becoming worse than I had thought.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually read one article where one analyst mentioned $5 a gallon gas. Luckily, most experts believe that we may not see $4 a gallon gas in the Cincinnati area this summer. In fact, they are saying prices may fall down to $3 or a little bit below that in August!

Guest kwindshawne

I traded my silverado for that reason. Loved the truck, just couldn't afford it. When gas was 1.80/gal, it cost me $250 month. I doubt I could give it away now.

Guest kwindshawne

Hmmmm-motorcycle license is looking more appealing daily.

My stimulus check is going to my last hospital bill. Honestly, even though I knew it was coming, it was still quite a shock to see gas at $3.59 when I left work tonight. I am interested to see how this is going to affect the park. Opening day I thought was a good turnout, but who can say whether that will last.

Hmmmm-motorcycle license is looking more appealing daily.

My stimulus check is going to my last hospital bill. Honestly, even though I knew it was coming, it was still quite a shock to see gas at $3.59 when I left work tonight. I am interested to see how this is going to affect the park. Opening day I thought was a good turnout, but who can say whether that will last.

I ride my motorcycle most every day.

Very good on the wallet and helps cut back on stress.

And with China and other countries now competing with hard currency for oil from the Middle East and Russia, how do you know the oil shortage is a bunch of crap?

Because there is not one but two oil reserves off the coast of Florida that could provide the United States with 100 billion barrels of oil. Also there is another 20-50 billion barrel reserve in brazil. The middle east isnt the only place with oil. Just think of Enough to last us 100 years. how oil is formed. Enough to last us 100 years. Plus if they would get off the fact that a few polar bears and some other aniamls may day they can start to drill in the Alaskan reserves. Granted it takes 10 years to build a refinery but maybe the the fact they are building one would be enough to lower the prices some. I think its more of a poltical thing or they fact they are trying get lower emissions from cars.

Because there is not one but two oil reserves off the coast of Florida that could provide the United States with 100 billion barrels of oil. Also there is another 20-50 billion barrel reserve in brazil. The middle east isnt the only place with oil. Just think of Enough to last us 100 years. how oil is formed. Enough to last us 100 years.

Sorry to question your knowledge, but do you have confirmation of these reserves and what kind of price tag that it would take to use these reserves?

I only ask because, who owns the reserves? Is the owner holding the reserves like the United States holds onto gold (letting it increase in value)? Are the reserves to only be used in time of war when oil will be 100x more valuable than it is now?

And my biggest fear, if you and I know about these reserves, then terrorists have to know. And what better way to cripple a nation than to destroy one of the most valued resources in the World.

Guest kwindshawne
And now summer camps are starting to feel the effects of higher gas prices:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g4aOK0H...9Rtf_QD90BLHRO0

I worry about the amusement industry this summer...it may not be a good one for the entire seasonal industry.

Not to mention the weather has not exactly cooperated either. This time last year it was warm and I recall the first few days I worked were sunny as well. The almanac states a cooler summer, but forgot to see what precipitation was supposed to be. I think it will be ok at first, but once season pass sales are processed and the stimulus check runs out, then it will drop off.

Guest kwindshawne

Gas is $3.79 tonight for the cheap crap. Premium is $4. I dont see how any business can be profitable with that. I know at my regular job, its about to blow....