Are You Going to Kings Island Opening Day?

Neon

I'm sure it will be fun and exticing to all of you to go to opening day. It must feel great to ride all your favorite rides after months. Everyone will be crazy to ride everything! I will not be going to Opening Day because I have not purchased a season pass yet. Post all your feelings and what you will do on opening day.

We are not going, but not because there are too many people. We are not going because this will be the first year in 5 years that we did not buy season passes. The kids are loosing interest and would have rather had CP passes instead. Is was just way too much for a family of four to buy the plat. passes. We will be taking this year off.

Guest faceoff

I would not miss opening day. I will be processing my platinum pass. I am making the four hour drive from west virginia

on saturday the 19th and staying at the Kings Island resort. I will also be returning the weekend of may 2-4. I cannot wait.

The only thing that would keep me from going Opening Day is if Im too tired or I need to catch up on work because the 19th is Notre Dame's Blue and Gold Game (spring game) so in order to make both it would mean me getting up early on Saturday, spending the day outside and driving a 5 hour round trip and then waking up early and spending the day outside and driving a 6 hour round trip to go to KI.

I might just wait a week...

I wouldn't miss it for the world. I also have had it marked on the calendar, but even before it was announced. I had to mark off my coaster drawing on Sat. and move it to Sunday--oops!

Straight to The Beast! Oh, the sweet bliss that is that 4 minute 50 second ride! I'll probably be there for at least 45 minutes, and then work my way around to The Racer and see if the rumors are true! I CAN'T WAIT!

Ill be going the second weekend it's open on a Saturday for my birthday. First ill go to Rivertown ride Crypt, Beast, and see if theres any construction. Then to Coney Mall ride Vortex Backlot Stunt Coaster, Racer, and the flats. If Firehawk's line isn't too long ill ride it and FoF. Then go to Oktoberfest to ride Adventure Express and Viking Fury. Lastly go to Action Zone to ride my favorite coaster... SOB, see Flight Decks new sighn, and maybe paint job? Maybe ride Drop Tower... of course Invvertigo and Delirium. And lastly ride Eiffel Tower!

How busy is it usually a week after opening day?

I just go in a loop around the park. Start at Action Zone and work my way around, but i always save Firehawk for last!!

Most people start off at Action Zone and the lines are long, so i go the opposite way! But i always return back to Rivertown again to get a night ride on The Beast.

I would not miss opening day. I will be processing my platinum pass. I am making the four hour drive from west virginia

on saturday the 19th and staying at the Kings Island resort. I will also be returning the weekend of may 2-4. I cannot wait.

Cool...another West Virginian! Anyhoo, probably won't go opening day, but early in May to have my Season Pass Processed. I think it will be too cold for me on opening day.

I plan on being there... just look at my signature below.

After being on the last Beast train of the season this past year, my opening day experience will be highly different from my last KI trip. But it will be the first of many this year with my 3 year old daughter, having fun watching her on the rides and riding whatever I can with her (and possibly sneaking away with a friend to get a big ride in).

• 2 weeks later...