Boomerang Bay

Colonel_SoB_fan

^ Overbuilding? Interpreter, you can never have too much concrete! At least that seems to be Cedar Fair's philosophy.

While that seems to be the common opinion among enthusiasts, if CF did not keep adding things, the opinions would not be about concrete but it would be about how they don't add enough to their parks.

It is always easy to look for faults when you are the big kid on the block.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Then, you need to look at a satellite image from CP. There are far more trees there than they are given credit for. Not to mention, there have been a lot of trees planted around their latest additions...however...those trees are still very young and are not nearly as noticeable as some of the "elder" trees.

You may be right on those. Never looked at images of any of those. However, now that the (former) Paramount Parks are in the chain, you can say that CF loves trees! ;) Or, at least appears to!

I did hear about how Knott's is virtually a concrete jungle. Terp, any links to satellite images of Knott's or Dorney or WOF?

I'm sure they will appear here soon...the important thing is to watch what happens AFTER Cedar Fair acquired the parks. In each and every case, there were far more trees before Cedar Fair appeared. This is particularly true of Dorney and Knott's. Both still have quite a few trees, but nothing like what they had prior to Cedar Fair.

To be fair, times and sensitivities have changed over the years...but Kings Island was a leader in preserving trees....Beast was even re-routed as it was being built in order to save trees!

Holiday World's water park was actually extremely fun, blows KI's out of the water. I'm not one who likes water parks, nor one who really likes Holiday World, but wow, Splashin Safari is a blast!

wow, if you don't like Holiday World, But you Like Splashin Safari, It's GOT to be good.! :o

I do know Cedar Point has a good amount of trees for what space they have to work with. I especially like the area around MF's lift hill. That being said, look at what they've done with some of their other parks though, like Interp. said, Dorney and Knott's.

KI's swan lake comes to mind here, (flamebait, I know) thinking about them removing all the trees in Rivertown makes me die a little inside.

For those of you who have had the opportunity present itself, to allow you to go to either The Newport Aquarium, or The Georgia Aquarium, stop and think about the tunnels. You know what I am talking about. The walkways through the Shark encounters for example. Think to yourselves for a moment about that soothing glow that comes from those tanks that are all around you, and think of the animals within. Now think about "The Beast" at K.I. or "Magnum 200XL" at C.P., and consider what the image of what their tunnels look like.

Are you ready. Use your imagination for just a moment and replace the tunnels on those coasters with those at the aquariums, and then place the coaster indoors. Now you have a glimpse into the future. This is what should go into Boomerang Bay, for the ultimate tropical getaway, close to home.

On a side note, I thought that you might enjoy this. I was shown this story just earlier this morning.....

There was a Peacock and a crow that were best friends, and had been all their lives

At this time the Peacock, like the crow, was dull and most ignored all of his actions

One day, high on a hill, a king was having his castle decorated beautifully

it was being painted with the most elaborate of colors

Both the peacock and the crow wanted to assist in this festive act,

but neither dared to approach the kingdom looking so unfavorable to it's beauty

So the crow suggested that they recreate themselves by secretly using some of his majesty's paint

And the peacock agreed, thinking that this sounded wonderful

So the crow painted the peacock with swirls, and circles, and stripes, and chose the most beautiful colors of all

he even made the peacocks eyes glow fascinatingly like a dragons

The peacock stopped for a moment when the crow had finished his work

and he raised his feathers high into the air so that he could see their reflection in the water

He was very impressed, but just before he could paint the crow

workers recognized their activity and ran for them

So the peacock and the crow had to run away and make their way towards the castle

but the crow made a desperate attempt to match the beauty of the peacock

in the last moment he jumped in a bucket of paint, alas, black, then ran after the peacock up the hill

to this day, one is still majestic with a dragon's eyes and the beauty of a dragon's tail

and the other is still dull, his attempt was regretably doomed to fail.

m.f.

BB should definitely not be torn down, what am I to do on a hot day when I want to meet some girls? Hah, joking aside, I think KI has enough workable land to build 2-3 good coasters without even thinking about to shrink BB, if anything it needs to be expanded again.

Exactly. Some people may not like or care about BB (I don't) but a lot of people enjoy it. Think of all the people that would have to go without seeing women in bikinis at KI. It would be anarchy!

BB should definitely not be torn down, what am I to do on a hot day when I want to meet some girls? Hah, joking aside, I think KI has enough workable land to build 2-3 good coasters without even thinking about to shrink BB, if anything it needs to be expanded again.

Exactly. Some people may not like or care about BB (I don't) but a lot of people enjoy it. Think of all the people that would have to go without seeing women in bikinis at KI. It would be anarchy!

There would still be women in Bikini Tops....waterpark or not.

Think of all the people that would have to go without seeing women in bikinis at KI.

My favorite part of BB! No just kidding.

I would still beleive we can expand without removing BB.

I mean, We can easily expand, and it might involve removing a few rides, but My guess is it'll be worth it!

For those of you who have had the opportunity present itself, to allow you to go to either The Newport Aquarium, or The Georgia Aquarium, stop and think about the tunnels. You know what I am talking about. The walkways through the Shark encounters for example. Think to yourselves for a moment about that soothing glow that comes from those tanks that are all around you, and think of the animals within. Now think about "The Beast" at K.I. or "Magnum 200XL" at C.P., and consider what the image of what their tunnels look like.

Are you ready. Use your imagination for just a moment and replace the tunnels on those coasters with those at the aquariums, and then place the coaster indoors. Now you have a glimpse into the future. This is what should go into Boomerang Bay, for the ultimate tropical getaway, close to home.

On a side note, I thought that you might enjoy this. I was shown this story just earlier this morning.....

There was a Peacock and a crow that were best friends, and had been all their lives

At this time the Peacock, like the crow, was dull and most ignored all of his actions

One day, high on a hill, a king was having his castle decorated beautifully

it was being painted with the most elaborate of colors

Both the peacock and the crow wanted to assist in this festive act,

but neither dared to approach the kingdom looking so unfavorable to it's beauty

So the crow suggested that they recreate themselves by secretly using some of his majesty's paint

And the peacock agreed, thinking that this sounded wonderful

So the crow painted the peacock with swirls, and circles, and stripes, and chose the most beautiful colors of all

he even made the peacocks eyes glow fascinatingly like a dragons

The peacock stopped for a moment when the crow had finished his work

and he raised his feathers high into the air so that he could see their reflection in the water

He was very impressed, but just before he could paint the crow

workers recognized their activity and ran for them

So the peacock and the crow had to run away and make their way towards the castle

but the crow made a desperate attempt to match the beauty of the peacock

in the last moment he jumped in a bucket of paint, alas, black, then ran after the peacock up the hill

to this day, one is still majestic with a dragon's eyes and the beauty of a dragon's tail

and the other is still dull, his attempt was regretably doomed to fail.

m.f.

I would not be able to sleep at night if I did not add this part. To complete this ( in my mind ) perfect coaster ride, it would most certainly have another unique factor. The theme of the coaster would not be enough all by itself. Not by a longshot. To complete this vision, the building would also house the coasters entrance and maze, which itself would go through the aquarium. As would the exit to the ride.

In my own little world, Kings Island is a place of nearly limitless potential for animals. I know that animals are probably not in Kings Island's immediate future, but I have always thought that what is now "The Crypt" would be an excellent place for a nocturnal house, which could line the maze for the rides line. This among other thoughts and ideas. But, alas, I wake up and realize that this is not going to happen. At least, probably not ever at Kings Island.

m.f.

I believe that CF will scrap Boomerang Bay as much as I believe the Easter Bunny will give my son jelly beans, me colored eggs, and my wife a bonnet this Easter.

First off, it would be a silly business decision because Boomerang Bay draws many people into the park. Second, maintaining water rides is cheaper than coasters. Third it would be expensive to demolish Boomerang Bay. And fourth, Kings Island has hundreds of unused acres for future expansion.

That is just my humble opinion anyway.

Without getting into specifics, the waterpark has normally been a financial boon for the park. Given that the waterpark prints money, I seriously doubt the waterpark is going anywhere, unless of course we are talking about something similar to what happened in 2003.

I doubt BB will be closing any time in the next 10-15 years. But with The Beach and GWL waterpark nearby i could see it getting less attendance each year unless there is an expansion. So maybe, just maybe in the far future i could see BB close.

I don't think BB will go anywhere. It is a great water park. My family has been to a few and they don't even compare to BB. I have also looked online at Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America, and they don't even compare. From experience, and by looking at water parks online, I haven't found one that would even come close to BB. Has anyone else????? My sons really enjoyed the surf simulator which we have not found anywhere else. In fact my sons ( 19 & 17) liked the waterpark more than the amusement park. If anything just keep adding slides! :P

Personally I like Water Country U.S.A. in Williamsburg, VA. Around here though BB is the bees knees, imo.

I don't think their going to take out BB, I heard just the opposite from manament.

Pipeline Paradise is getting new pumps and rewiring and resurface this spring, The Aussie twisting slide is being redone

the plastic is cracking and ripping bathing suits, there was talk of having a resturant chain come in and take the

food and that would be great if the prices aren't to bad. BB is here to stay this is the 4 year since they done any changes

on BB and since the park is on a 4 year cycle it's BB turn for changes .