Star Wars or Star Trek at KI?

italianchef

I know that neither Star Wars nor Star Trek will come to Kings Island. And I know that licensing makes it especially unlikely for Star Wars. And yes, I know that Klingons used to walk around Kings Island. All I want is your personal preference.

If you could bring Star Wars or Star Trek to Kings Island, which would you choose? I mean characters, rides, merchandise, and even an eatery.

If you could, would rather bring Star Wars or Star Trek to Kings Island???

Star Trek is infinitely better than Star Wars. The original Star Wars movies were cool - but they aren't realistic. Star Trek is something you could see happening in the future or something. Plus its so much more complex, and more fun to watch.

And I still say in a battle between all the Star Wars ships and all the Star Trek ships, the Star Wars ships would get owned.

Star Wars!!!! They could do so much with that!! From the 7 foot tall Darth Vader mascot (and stormtroopers, Yoda, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, Ewoks for the little kids) to the Mos Eisley Cantina Band playing on the bandstand...Not to mention the new Millenium Falcon hyperspace launch coaster that incorporated the asteroid field scene from Episode V; pod racer 3D theater from Episode I; and the Utapau fifty story drop ride based on Episode III.......

And, from an admitted "Star Wars Geek" to all you "Trekies" out there, the Enterprise could NEVER have skimmed the bottom of that trench and fired two proton torpedoes down that little shaft and destroyed the first Death Star!!!! :P Star Wars Rules!!!!!! (This is meant in good fun before anyone attacks me:)).

Star Wars!!!! They could do so much with that!! From the 7 foot tall Darth Vader mascot (and stormtroopers, Yoda, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, Ewoks for the little kids) to the Mos Eisley Cantina Band playing on the bandstand...Not to mention the new Millenium Falcon hyperspace launch coaster that incorporated the asteroid field scene from Episode V; pod racer 3D theater from Episode I; and the Utapau fifty story drop ride based on Episode III.......

And, from an admitted "Star Wars Geek" to all you "Trekies" out there, the Enterprise could NEVER have skimmed the bottom of that trench and fired two proton torpedoes down that little shaft and destroyed the first Death Star!!!! :P Star Wars Rules!!!!!! (This is meant in good fun before anyone attacks me:)).

Seriously... look at the technology behind Star Wars the Enterprise could totally... ah, nevermind. I'm not getting into this debate. :lol:

If we are doing fantasy, I vote for Lost In Space.

Far better than either of those other two...

You would think that an Interpreter could interpret when danger is coming, but if you need a robot then so be it.

I would rather see 2001 a Space Odyssey, the park. HAL the ride would be cool, "I am sorry but I can not let you off of this ride. It does not concern me how scared you are".

(Brown, it is a Millennium Falcon, sorry had to correct you ;) )

Star Trek is infinitely better than Star Wars. The original Star Wars movies were cool - but they aren't realistic. Star Trek is something you could see happening in the future or something. Plus its so much more complex, and more fun to watch.

And I still say in a battle between all the Star Wars ships and all the Star Trek ships, the Star Wars ships would get owned.

1) Star Wars' ships look ten times more realistic. It's almost like you can see where someone actually bolted them together. Star Trek ships are far too pristeen and unrealistic.

2)Nothing in Star Trek could stand up to the Executor.

Overall, my preference is for Star Trek (I'm a huge fan of Jean Luc Picard! <g>), but I really like Star Wars as well.

ST:TE in Vegas is an outstanding attraction...that's why I'd never buy the contention that Paramount Parks couldn't do a high quality themed and immersive experience. The "Klingon Encounter" attraction is in my opinion, the best simulator ride of that type (beating out Star Tours, and several other rides of that type). ST:TE proved that they could (if properly motivated) do something on par with Disney and Universal. (For some reason, that level of quality just never seemed to make it down to the regional theme parks...)

Hey Intepreter...are you promoting the original Billy Mumy version of Lost in Space or the Matt LeBlank remake? (I think I aleady know the answer to that one... ;) )

I'd say Trek...

Musically, I like Trek because of the many different moving and powerful themes from the late Jerry Goldsmith. John Williams' work is awesome, and his themes are so much a part of his SW films, that they would seem out of place if used for ambiance in anything other than a dedicated Star Wars-themed area.

I don't think Trek has gone 'Jar-Jar Binks' with any of its characters yet. Both franchises have had both very cool concepts and very silly premises. Both have had notable plot holes and script train wrecks, but have maintained their fan bases.

If I had a preference, I'd say just play some Trek themes in the park again. The Trek music did make an awesome background to the fountains on International Street back in the PKI days.

^A little trivia. Do you know who was originally supposed to do the Star Wars Sountrack? (Frank Zappa) It would have been weird to say the least, if you know who Frank Zappa is.

John Williams is awesome, I agree with you there! He is also repsonsible for Indiana Jones, Jaws, the re-make of War of the Worlds and I know there's others that I can't think of right now.