Great Wolf Lodge

stremmefan

Yes, Great Wolf`s indoor water park is reserved strictly for guests of the hotel.

However, Coco Key at the Cincinnati Sheraton North in Sharonville has an indoor water park in which you can purchase day passes to. In other words, you don`t have to be guests of the hotel to enjoy the water park as long as you pay the admission fee. Pricing is $20 per person Sunday through Friday and $25 per person on Saturdays.

From what I can see on the internet, GWL looks like a very nice place, but very expensive to stay there. When I bring my family of 6 from South Bend to KI, I get a motel room for 3 nights. One day we go to the amusement park, and the 2nd day we enjoy the waterpark. There isn't alot of motels that can accomodate a family of 6 into one room. I know GWL can. Last year we stayed at Amerisuites which was ok. At least they gave free hot breakfast, which for my family saved us some $. This year our reservation is at Double Tree. Has anyone stayed there? How is it? I would love to stay at GWL, but I can't afford to turn a $1,500 vacation into a $2,000 vacation. :)

Thank Goodness that GWL only allows its guests to use the water park. I've been to GWL three times and it always had a full house, so the lines were significant. It's an awesome place.

I've also been to CoCo Key, which also has a water park and allows guest passes. And the lines were much smaller. Why???

GWL was designed for the sole purpose of entertaining guests in the water park and giving them a complete experience with the hotel, restaurants, etc.

The Sheraton has been around for quiet a few years and CoCo is a recent addition. Most of the Sheraton's guests tend to be business people who are not necessarily interested in the water park. I guess they's rather read the Wall Street Journal.

Also, I don't think that water park tickets come free with a Sheraton room. Guests have to purchase a package.

Does that explain it?

From what I can see on the internet, GWL looks like a very nice place, but very expensive to stay there. When I bring my family of 6 from South Bend to KI, I get a motel room for 3 nights. One day we go to the amusement park, and the 2nd day we enjoy the waterpark. There isn't alot of motels that can accomodate a family of 6 into one room. I know GWL can. Last year we stayed at Amerisuites which was ok. At least they gave free hot breakfast, which for my family saved us some $. This year our reservation is at Double Tree. Has anyone stayed there? How is it? I would love to stay at GWL, but I can't afford to turn a $1,500 vacation into a $2,000 vacation. :)
Double Tree is a great hotel, thats where we stay every year when we come down to Kings Island. It's a nice hotel and I think your family will enjoy it!

I have the awsome pleasure to be working at GWL, so I can come and go as I please. The best time to visit is during the week since we mostly have small families with younger kids. Plus CoCo doesn't have a hydromagnitic water coaster and GWL is about twice as big with more water slides.