K.I. in 2008

2BMasterofK.I._29

To be honest, I never take the time to read through everything on here. So if this has been brought up before, I apologize.

A couple of friends and I went up to Columbus for a couple of days, so rather than suffer the drive back and forth, we stayed at a Days Inn, where they had a flyer with a map for the 2008 K.I. season.

The map doesn't show anything updated, but the entertainment section says "Something for everyone in the family"

From Ice Skating, non-stop island rhythms to Dora the Explorer Live, Kings Island's 2008 entertainment package has it all! 5 family friendly shows highlight the season-long program, which will have guests singing and dancing in the aisles.

It also says that Halloween Haunt will operate every Friday and Saturday night until 1am from Sept. 26 - Nov. 1

So, by reading this, I am assuming that the Nickelodeon Parade is not happening again this year.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looks like nick parade isn't coming back"

Is it just me, or are they not bringing back Nick Parade as part of a slow prosses to remove Nick completely?

I think thats just you, it was removed because it had already put in 3 seasons at Kings Island and the supplies and props for it were recycled at other (then)Paramount Parks.

To be honest, I never take the time to read through everything on here. So if this has been brought up before, I apologize.

A couple of friends and I went up to Columbus for a couple of days, so rather than suffer the drive back and forth, we stayed at a Days Inn, where they had a flyer with a map for the 2008 K.I. season.

The map doesn't show anything updated, but the entertainment section says "Something for everyone in the family"

From Ice Skating, non-stop island rhythms to Dora the Explorer Live, Kings Island's 2008 entertainment package has it all! 5 family friendly shows highlight the season-long program, which will have guests singing and dancing in the aisles.

It also says that Halloween Haunt will operate every Friday and Saturday night until 1am from Sept. 26 - Nov. 1

So, by reading this, I am assuming that the Nickelodeon Parade is not happening again this year.

To add to this, I am not sure but didn't BareBones run into the 1st week of November. If this is right, I guess that the Nov.1 date also means no barebones. Or is it only defining Halloween Haunt's run through the 1st, and Barebones being completely seperate. But then again, the parks highlighted schedule on the map ends on November 1st, so probably not.

I remember when Kings Island would offer two shows in the International Showplace, two shows in their indoor theatre, a show in the Festhaus, a show in the restaurant in River Town, as well as a show in the kids area, along with the dolphin show and other forms of street entertainment. I would love to see them reach that level again. That being said, I am glad to see that entertainment is better now than it has been in many many years. I hope that continues to get better!

"Looks like nick parade isn't coming back"

Is it just me, or are they not bringing back Nick Parade as part of a slow prosses to remove Nick completely?

False. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it come back sometime in the next few years... just not this year.

^Not sure that they are going to remove Nick. They have a license agreement, but can't remember when it expires.

It was a four year agreement, but they have the option to extend. Nick isn't being removed. Not now, not soon.

I'm sure there will be some new paint jobs as well as other improvements. I'm very interested in their new shows for this year. Haven't seen one since the '80s.

1) Correct 2) You've been missing out BIG TIME in the past few years.

I remember when Kings Island would offer two shows in the International Showplace, two shows in their indoor theatre, a show in the Festhaus, a show in the restaurant in River Town, as well as a show in the kids area, along with the dolphin show and other forms of street entertainment. I would love to see them reach that level again. That being said, I am glad to see that entertainment is better now than it has been in many many years. I hope that continues to get better!

I'm no animal expert, but I really doubt you'll see the extensive return of animals to KI ever again.

I thought we would at least get the Nick parade. I hope they at least do some major park improvements, not just signage. At this rate, 2008 maybe one of the smallest capital improvement years in KI history.

It's kind of like how you can "work hard or work smart." I honestly have no idea how much money they're putting into the park this year, but I can assure you that the 2008 season will be as exciting or more exciting than any season in which they add a ride.

That blurb is what we call an understatement.

Yeah, the season's extended through the first weekend in November. No Bare Bones is scheduled this year to my knowledge, however that does NOT reflect a failure. In fact, people reacted rather well to Bare Bones, all things considered.

Seriously... 2008 is going to be a GREAT season! Old ideas will be become new again, we'll have that "new ride name smell" in the air, and maybe even a peak into the future.

Wow it sounds just like the live entertainment from last year. :angry: I still have fun this year just nothing new. Good thing I am going to Wonderland and Cedar Point so my pass is not a waste.

Quote: "It's kind of like how you can "work hard or work smart." I honestly have no idea how much money they're putting into the park this year, but I can assure you that the 2008 season will be as exciting or more exciting than any season in which they add a ride."

I hope the improvements, shows and whatever else live up to this billing.

^If that were the case why would they keeping adding rides as the main attractions at parks every year if they just became "another ride" after a few weeks. That may be true for enthusiasts, but certainly not for the general public who doesn't frequent the park as often.

That's exactly what I'm saying, To enthusiasts, the novelty wears off... especially if you go to the park every week.

Well then I guess others should start going to others parks like I am to see what else is out their. I do like going to Kings Island to relax when I can for a half a day. Don't get me wrong I do have fun. Just fun to see something different now and then.

Let's face it... if they add a new ride, it's cool for a few weeks, then it's just another ride... with a really long line. If they do special things, it's new no matter what.

Are you saying they are planning special events? Like what Worlds of Fun is doing this year and other parks like Dollywood and Busch do every year. Example: Octoberfest, International Festival, BBQ Days, etc... If they are I think that would really add to the experience.

And why do you laugh? Cedar Point draws incredible crowds...and is the flagship park for the company that owns Kings Island. Whether you realize it or not, most people in the industry see Cedar Point as either THE pinnacle of US seasonal parks or very close to it.

yeah, if you are a huge fan of coasters. I've been to CP quite a few times, and had nowhere the time I had a KI. I know they now own KI, but they didn't make KI. KI has always been an awesome park, with and without the flagship. "MOST" people may see it that way , but by far "NOT ALL" :P