K.I. in 2008

2BMasterofK.I._29

I don't remember this being discussed (but I could have missed it).

It appears that KI has removed the F/X theater from their list of attractions. Yet most of the other old Paramount parks still have their's listed. Does anyone know what is up? Also, I noticed that they are raising height limits on some of BB attractions. Snowy River is now up to 46". This height limit issue over the last two years is just getting stupid. It may save them a few bucks on insurance, but it continues to reduce the family experience at the park. No other park chain has that height limit requirements that CF now has, NONE of them.

I would rather have a few safe passengers than a lot of unsafe ones.

Plus, i doubt FX Theatre is out for the count. If they are removing it, than I doubt it will be after they ran two shows the previous year.

I would guess it would work as a storage area the year before.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FX Theater is still a fairly popular attraction and it can constantly be a fun attraction as long as they continue to make new movies for it every so many years

A large variety of films can still be purchased for that model system. Many similar technifex theatre models like KI's have received upgrades to incorporate 4d effects at other parks.

No other park chain has that height limit requirements that CF now has, NONE of them.

Maybe...But no other chain prides itself on safety as much as Cedar Fair does.

Not to start a discussion that no one can prove. But something tells me that Busch, Herschend, Holiday World, etc... take just as much pride in being a safe environment as Cedar Fair and do it with less height restrictions.

I have always been fasinated that a company can be criticized for being too safe.

Too safe? Is there even such a thing?

No other park chain has that height limit requirements that CF now has, NONE of them.

Maybe...But no other chain prides itself on safety as much as Cedar Fair does.

Not to start a discussion that no one can prove. But something tells me that Busch, Herschend, Holiday World, etc... take just as much pride in being a safe environment as Cedar Fair and do it with less height restrictions.

I have always been fasinated that a company can be criticized for being too safe.

Too safe? Is there even such a thing?

I agree brown. Besides so what it is their park not ours. Let them do what they want, that includes restrictions on rides, name changes food choices and what cars they are gonna put on what roller coaster. The reason I posted this is cause I have a friend who always *****es about the changes KI has each year... I am like well if you dont like it dont go...lol

Cedar Fair is one of the best companies in the buisness, and I hate it when people B*tch because there are to many restraints, or they're not tall enough, or because they close a ride as a precaution, it stinks.

I still love the rides and am honored to be under Cedar Fairs power.

Well said, Beast 1979. I was stoked when I heard that CF was interested in purhcasing the (former) Paramount Parks and I still hold great hope for the CF chain.

sometimes people have a right to complain though...sure you can say "They don't ahve to go to KI" but I hope CF doesn't take that stance since I'm assuming they're in the business of making money.....for instance, closing down rides when it starts sprinkling = unnecessary in most cases, yet they do it anyways.....

sometimes people have a right to complain though...sure you can say "They don't ahve to go to KI" but I hope CF doesn't take that stance since I'm assuming they're in the business of making money.....for instance, closing down rides when it starts sprinkling = unnecessary in most cases, yet they do it anyways.....

And until those decisions do start effecting the bottom line there will be no changes.

There has been so many complaints about CF's decisions to shut down rides "when it starts sprinkling". But people need to remember that there was an accident at CP this past season due to wet brakes. Parks tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to things like this. Also, CP has a rather advanced weather system which is necessary due to how quickly storms pop up on Lake Erie (which many enthusiasts are not aware of). Perhaps there was lightning associated with the sprinkling, and those waiting in line for a ride would never know about that.

As much of a pain in the ass the policy is I appreciate it. They may just be trying to legally cover themselves but I feel like they actually care about their guests. Maybe it's being overcautious but that could prevent something, we'll never really know if it did but it's better not to find out.

Exactly. Besides trying to simply be safe, the company has to take measures to protect itself from lawsuits that could pop up from just about anything. It's a sad testament to the times we are living in when you have to be afraid of being sued of every little thing.

Careful...That coffee might be hot. ;)

I for one hate this rain policy. I think however its for the safety of the guest and can see why its there but however just because its sprinkling out is no need to close the ride. I can see a pretty steady medium downfall but no because a couple drops of rain. I now have to plan in an extra day or two when I visit Cedar Fair amusment parks because of this policey.

I dislike the current policy and think this one needs some tweaking.

The parks also have a system that will let them know when there is lightning and they have certian distacne markers that they will judge by. If it is within a certian distance even if you don't see it they will shut down rides. I know this is true for Kings Island and not to sure but probably true for CP.

The parks also have a system that will let them know when there is lightning and they have certian distacne markers that they will judge by. If it is within a certian distance even if you don't see it they will shut down rides. I know this is true for Kings Island and not to sure but probably true for CP.

Kings Island's Eiffel Tower, AKA best lightning rod in the buisness!

Well if its crowded in the park and lines too long just yell out they are giving away free food vouchers and tshirts at the front gate, watch the rollercoaster lines vanish...lol

I've tried that. Most of the time it doesn't work unless the guy's looking for an excuse to get away from the thing.

All I have to say to people complaing about Cedar Fairs whether policy....

Go to Silver Dollar City...wait until about 11AM (this is the time I have found that sprinkles in the mountains will start)....and then tell me you still want to complain about Cedar Fairs policy.

They close down many indoor rides even, and yes, you read that right. Not to mention storms must be a 9-15 mile radius away from the park, depending on winds, etc.

It is always better to be safe than sorry. I mean it sucks to have to wait around for a couple of drizzles but it is better to wait for a safe ride then to ride something that could hurt you. It's all done for our safety. and for the parks wallet ;)

Remember Son of Beast? Granted nobody was hurt on this ride as a result of bad weather, but what if they were? The park would run an investigation, the park would be investigated, lawsuits would arise from the situation, and the ride would most likely be shut down for quite some time. Probably a repeat of what really happened on this ride, but for a different reason. And more importantly, people could be hurt. Why not avoid this altogether?

I feel that it is in all of our best interests that the park takes action under even the most moderate of weather related circumstances.

FX Theater is still a fairly popular attraction and it can constantly be a fun attraction as long as they continue to make new movies for it every so many years

A large variety of films can still be purchased for that model system. Many similar technifex theatre models like KI's have received upgrades to incorporate 4d effects at other parks.

I would love to see Cedar Fair upgrade Kings Islands to a 4d model thanks for the input gordon ;)