Life Lessons (Please watch)

My mother sent me a link to this very moving video that I think all of us must watch. This video features a man by the name of Randy Pausch who is happily married and has 3 kids. He is a professor and has his PHD. He has been told by his doctors he has only months to live. Please take some time to watch this video as it has much to do with the interest of many on this board.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow...very inspirational. That got me thinking...If you were going to die soon, would you really want to know?

I really do wish the best for his kids, I don't know how it's like to grow up without a father, but I know what it's like to grow up with one that is almost never around.

I have always subscribed to the belief that some other cultures adhere to. I forget if it's Japan or China that informs the family of a persons terminal disease, rather than the patient. Doctors leave it up to the family to decide if they want the loved one to know. They believe that when a person hears that they are terminal, that it cripples the soul, and allows the disease to take control.

Seperately, I've always enjoyed asking folks the age old question: "If you have a concersation with with anyone, who would it be?"

Mine are:

1. My Mom, an amazing woman I have missed for nearly 20 years now.

2. Jesus Christ. I'd simply want to know why.

3. Uncle Walt- Just because.