Screamscape report shows 2008 park map

derek9312

If you watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Foodnetwork and see the many unique things around the country you would wonder why anyone would want them to bring in TGI Fridays.

I can get TGI Fridays anywhere why would I go to KI to get it?

I don't know why everyone goes nuts over the Pizza at KI as it's about as bland as it gets. I don't know maybe there isn't good Pizza in the area and they don't know any better.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Foodnetwork and see the many unique things around the country you would wonder why anyone would want them to bring in TGI Fridays.

I can get TGI Fridays anywhere why would I go to KI to get it?

I don't know why everyone goes nuts over the Pizza at KI as it's about as bland as it gets. I don't know maybe there isn't good Pizza in the area and they don't know any better.

I often wonder why anyone would eat at a chain in general.

Now granted, LaRosa's and Skyline are pretty unique to the region. I can understand why someone would to have either of those in the park. But come on, why would you want a Chick Fil A or a Panda Express to be in the park.

I don't care what it is, I just want a full service restaurant, even Indiana Beach has one don't they, as far as price goes if you look at Cedar Point, I've never eaten at their Friday's but most of their indoor restaurants aren't that much more than the hamburger stands, I can eat at Game Day Sports under 10 dollars ( without a drink that is)

I agree. In my humble opinion, everything inside an amusement park should take on an air of uniqueness; something different from the everyday world outside the park's gates. Every cup, napkin, straw, etc. should have some kind of 'souvenir' feel, something slightly different from the norm. I wonder what would be involved in theming the corporate outlets, like "Subway Coney Deli", or "Chick-fil-a Rivertown Rotisserie" (...or fry basket ^_^ )?

Well, there used to be two sit down restaurants in the park.

The first to go was Columbia Palace when it was switched over to the cafeteria style lines. The reason why it was changed over was to increase the "table turn" and they designed it very similar to the set up of Festhaus's line structure. It turned out to be very, very successful. (But then, the food that was prepared and served was always pretty amazing and tasty.)

Interntaional Restaurant was the final sit down to leave, of course. IR had a horrible table turn and never generated a lot of revenue. That being said, it always generated a small profit and/or broke even. But, a big portion for the existence of the restaurnant for so long was to offer a bit of diversity of dining experience.

What about the shows inside the Festhaus, if there will be any shows in there?

According to: http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

The map also mentions three new shows, two of which will be added to the Festhaus which hasn’t hosted a show since the early ‘90s. The shows will be The Country Line (a contemporary country music show) and Girl’s Night Out (upbeat country/pop rock show celebrating the women in music).

Also, according to: http://www.wlwt.com/news/15245776/detail.html

Kings Island officials said that more new name changes were to come.

....in addition, Happy Days Diner will become Jukebox Diner and Paramount Theatre will become Kings Island Theatre.

More changes are planned for the park and the names of its rides, an official said.

So, Chef, even though the website doesn't say it, it could and may still be a name change in the works.

Will Kings Island ever have a fruit stand?

Excellent point. Fruit is so refreshing during the summer. Especially on a roller coaster riding,running from ride to ride, jam packed fun filled hot day.

I LOVE that idea! I never eat anything heavy such as pizza. I don't eat meat and usually an ice cream cone is about the only thing I eat at KI. A fruit stand would be outstanding!

I hope some one takes your advice! :lol:

A full service restaurant also give the elderly people who are past wild rides something to look forward, my Grandparents used to go to KI with me when I was a kid, to me ride rides and they always had the nice meal to look forward to, now my parents would never go to KI, because there is just nothing for them anymore, a Restaurant could attract more people like that to the park, it gives them something

I think La Rosa's pizza is pretty good myself. And, there are a lot of pizza joints in my little corner of the world. I wouldn't mind see a TGI Friday's either. It costs about the same as any of the food in the park plus it tastes a whole heck of a lot better.

Excellent point. Fruit is so refreshing during the summer. Especially on a roller coaster riding,running from ride to ride, jam packed fun filled hot day.

I LOVE that idea! I never eat anything heavy such as pizza. I don't eat meat and usually an ice cream cone is about the only thing I eat at KI. A fruit stand would be outstanding!

One of my new favorite things a Disney World is the Dole Whips. I read about them before my trip last year, tried it, and now it is one of my must-haves there. The Dole stand in Adventureland has pineapple ones, and I believe somewhere else in the park has either strawberry or raspberry, I can't remember which. Basically it's pineapple soft serve ice cream in a cup with pineapple juice. Talk about refreshing! Just the thing we needed on that hot June day. We will definitely be getting one this September again. I will be getting my daughter her own this time instead of her eating part of mine, I didn't expect her to like it so much and eat as much of mine as she did!

So if we're going to have chains at KI why don't we get the king? Chipotle!

Because they don't have the funds to build enough restrooms for that.

We don't even have the funds to remodel/repair some of the restrooms we already have, as I'm sure plenty of you notice the smells coming from the restrooms in front of Bubba's and beside the Stunt Track.... <_<

One of my new favorite things a Disney World is the Dole Whips. I read about them before my trip last year, tried it, and now it is one of my must-haves there. The Dole stand in Adventureland has pineapple ones, and I believe somewhere else in the park has either strawberry or raspberry, I can't remember which. Basically it's pineapple soft serve ice cream in a cup with pineapple juice. Talk about refreshing! Just the thing we needed on that hot June day. We will definitely be getting one this September again. I will be getting my daughter her own this time instead of her eating part of mine, I didn't expect her to like it so much and eat as much of mine as she did!

dole.jpg

You can almost taste it. :lol:

So if we're going to have chains at KI why don't we get the king? Chipotle!

Because they don't have the funds to build enough restrooms for that.

Classic. Yet so true. Hell, they barely have enough restrooms for the Skyline stand(s) in the park. :P