Screamscape report shows 2008 park map

derek9312

]Meanwhile the International Showplace will feature something called Flashback: Totally 80s and Endless Summer on Ice will come to the Kings Island Theater.

Finally something to tear DonnieJB away from Lt. Dan's Bar! ;)

So true King...lmaoooo

And woofer I agree. There does seem to be alot of digestive track problems up in here...lol

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to note that, I must note that Kings Island's restrooms are far cleaner than those of any legacy Cedar Fair park....especially Cedar Point...especially the restrooms by Magnum. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have NOT seen something despicable in the men's restroom there. It is almost never clean during my visits to that park. Also, Cedar Point, for some reason, seems to have more plugged up drains in water fountains than any other park I have ever been to. There was one on the main midway that was plugged up EVERY time I visited last summer. Part of me wonders if it was ever fixed...or part of some conspiracy to sell beverages/bottled water.

My experience with free water at Cedar Point was comparable to that at Kings Island; temporary and certain "specialty" stands did not have free ice water, but the vast majority of permanent locations did. Perhaps the proportions between these different types of establishments are different from park to park, but I've never found that it was more difficult to get free water from one place or the other.

I told you all Endless Summer would be back! Also, from what I heard back in November... a TGI Fridays is being installed into the International Street Restauraunt. Remember back during HAUNT how KI offered a "pre-haunt dinner" up there? Well, my thinking is that it was to see how popular eating up there would be with the public... and it was a HIT! So far of course, this is still a rumor. I personally would LOVE to see a FRIDAY's at KI! Doesn't Knott's have one? -Hauntguy

Yes they do KBF is a great park i go up CA every spring and a week during the Summer. I have to say KBF is a great CF park and has a great collection of rides.

My experience with free water at Cedar Point was comparable to that at Kings Island; temporary and certain "specialty" stands did not have free ice water, but the vast majority of permanent locations did. Perhaps the proportions between these different types of establishments are different from park to park, but I've never found that it was more difficult to get free water from one place or the other.

Many moons ago, Kings Island did not give out water for free at the stands. People were directed to the water fountains for drinks.

That was changed for two reasons:

1) A Program called "Service Excellence" was initiated. All Resale Personnel that had been at the park for two or three years were required to attend a special training session teaching exactly what "Service Excellence" was. After completion of the training you received a larger gold colored name tag instead of the standard blue.

2) There were quite a few issues with people that had over heated/had heat stroke and had not been provided water on request at the food operations.

So not only was it viewed as a service issue but a safety issue as well.

Will Kings Island ever have a fruit stand?

Excellent point. Fruit is so refreshing during the summer. Especially on a roller coaster riding,running from ride to ride, jam packed fun filled hot day.

I LOVE that idea! I never eat anything heavy such as pizza. I don't eat meat and usually an ice cream cone is about the only thing I eat at KI. A fruit stand would be outstanding!

I hope some one takes your advice! :lol:

One of my new favorite things a Disney World is the Dole Whips. I read about them before my trip last year, tried it, and now it is one of my must-haves there. The Dole stand in Adventureland has pineapple ones, and I believe somewhere else in the park has either strawberry or raspberry, I can't remember which. Basically it's pineapple soft serve ice cream in a cup with pineapple juice. Talk about refreshing! Just the thing we needed on that hot June day. We will definitely be getting one this September again. I will be getting my daughter her own this time instead of her eating part of mine, I didn't expect her to like it so much and eat as much of mine as she did!

Well, I mentioned it because I would like to see it. The unit price last I saw for apples is $0.21. I would love to be able to go by a fruit stand, buy an apple for oh say $.50 (I think that would be somewhat reasonable for an amusement park apple) and go on about my way. The snack is maybe a little sticky, but tasty, sweet, healthy and in a nice neat package. Perfect for carrying around the park. The park would make $.29 for every apple purchased or about 100% profit. You could buy a bananna (my favorite), a cup of strawberries, maybe an orange. Even smoothies, or like the Dole Whips at WDW. I think it would be a hit. And would go great atmosphere wise anywhere in the park. Now all this said. Fruit stands attract bees, and fruitstand refuge attracts a lot of bees. KI has a history of bees, so really this would not add to the problem much more. But cleaning crews would have to be at the top of their game. Which I believe they would be as Kings Island is (and I am not being a "homer" here as I have visited many parks) one of cleanest parks that you will find, and there is always a trash can around.

The Jolly Rancher smoothies are alright, but IMO, there is nothing better than a "pure" blend.

That's my take.

I didn't know so many people had digestive issues. If you're having problems with digesting Chipotle and even Skyline, I'd get checked out by a doctor.

You haven't worked four seasons as a restroom associate at an amusement park, have you? ;)

^Yes I know, I live in a land called optimism quite often. I also live in a land that I have titled "How can I do this better?". I am quite certain that eventually I will be in a position in life where that latter land, is truly my life, and I will be in a position to do things better.

I know a simple flavored shaved ice snack at your local fair costs 12-14cents to make. And is about 2:50 or more, thats a profit of somewhere in the range of 1400% profit. Outstanding.

Not really....there's labor, worker's compensation, equipment, paper products, utilities, professional services, maintenance, real estate rental or purchase expense, taxes (including Social Security), fringe benefits such as health insurance and life insurance, depreciation, interest, shrinkage, licenses, permits and other expenses that hit when you least expect them. Expenses in business greatly exceed the cost of materials, which oftentimes is the lowest cost of all....

Not really....there's labor, worker's compensation, equipment, paper products, utilities, professional services, maintenance, real estate rental or purchase expense, taxes (including Social Security), fringe benefits such as health insurance and life insurance, depreciation, interest, shrinkage, licenses, permits and other expenses that hit when you least expect them. Expenses in business greatly exceed the cost of materials, which oftentimes is the lowest cost of all....

We actually figured labor cost every day when I was a supervisor at the park. It was absolutely astounding what the actual labor costs were. Any business in the country would kill to have labor and food cost's as low as at the park.

Going back to the free water, I believe there is a state law which mandates that any venue has to offer free water to the patrons BECAUSE of the health risks.

As for what the park needs, I really dont want a sit down restaraunt. I like the buffet, but a sit down restaraunt would continually have long lines to be seated, and prices that would be outrageous.

Now to be a server at said restaraunt, imagine the 10% tips.....

After working in the restaraunt business for a short while, you are normally lucky to hit 10% for the night.

Mmmm, not sure where you waited tables.

But everyone I know that has waited tables and does wait tables brings in a good chunk of change.

Yes, there are those that don't tip a lot but there are many that tip at 20% or more.

As far as the lines for a sit down Restaurant in the park, they really were never longer than any other line.

As far as the state law, unless it has been changed, the requirement is to provide water (the water fountains meet that requrement) and "x" amount of bathrooms.

So if this is in fact true that KI will be re-introducing shows into the Festhaus, how exactly will that be set up? I am aware that they have had shows there in the past, but have never personally seen any of them. The place is huge and definitely has room for a stage but where have they put it in the past? Just curious as to the logistics...especially since the Festhaus can get quite busy/noisy.

The Festhaus was show venue up until the mid-90s. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't have originally have a skating rink in the middle? Nonetheless, the stage has been removed. It used to be in front of the big wintery-mural with the 2nd tier behind where the mural is now. If KI is really getting a show or shows in the Festhaus, I'd expect to see a renovation that would make it similar to how it was.

I remember there was something like a game show that would go on in the Festhaus. This was early 90's. You would eat while they entertained, pulled people out of the audience to ask them questions, things like that.