Kentucky Kingdom: Rides vanish from website per Screamscape

Huh, that's weird. And the pic of TT is still on the KK rides page...

Is there any reason why the park would close this section of the park for an entire season? Are they demo-ing it for a future addition? Just seems odd... :huh:

Last year I was talked to the manager of park operations and he mentioned there were plans for SFKK to open their own parking lot. Could it be that they are going to turn this area into a parking lot? I looked at the area on mapquest and it would be about the same size parking lot that they use now. If this is the case here comes $20 parking and with not much room to add anything else I worry about the remaining life left in SFKK.

That area of the park is closed for the 2008 season.

Where did you get your information?

Thank you for writing Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom! In response to your question submitted via the Six Flags website, Twisted Twins will not be operating during the 2008 season along with Mile High Falls, and Zeppelin. Thank you again for your inquiry! Please let me know if you have any other questions.Sincerely,Frank Doninger Frank DoningerOperations ManagerSix Flags Kentucky KingdomOffice

"None of these rides are being removed. They will simply not be operating in

2008. Thank you again for writing Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom!

Sincerely,

Frank

Frank Doninger

Operations Manager

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

I just looked at the park calendar and it appears that they have also changed their last day for the season to Sept 1. A few months ago they were open weekends in October for Fright Fest.

The calendar still shows them as being open weekends in October and the first weekend in November:

http://www.sixflags.com/kentuckyKingdom/info/parkInfo.aspx

That being said, note the mid-summer mid-weekday hours...11-7. 8 Closes on Friday and Sunday, with 9 on Saturdays....And I thought Camden Park was nuts for closing at 7:30 on most weekdays....

Ok good to see the calendar is back to it's old self. I'm not sure what was going on with it last night...maybe I was blind. Frank is a good contact so I trust what he says. He has given me some reliable information in the past.

Yes, he is. He is the Operations Manager there and knows darn well what the plans are. He is just not at liberty to share everything he knows, which is understandable. He's good people...also, never forget that plans change...if the area were to open up later this year (which is not likely), he wasn't wrong in what he said...something just changed.

Many enthusiasts seem to not realize that the park business is a business, where decisions are made for business reasons every day, and some of them change previous decisions.

Guest rcfreak339

Im from Louisville and I have been goin to KK since I was at least 3 so this hits me extra hard, But over the past 2-3 years Ive noticed that all 3 of those rides have started to wear and get alot of dings so I bet there taking a long off season to fix those problems, but when you take out a major drop ride, rollercoaster and water ride it might not help with the attendence. Im glad they at least will get a new waterslide to make up for the missing rides I wish this is only for the 2008 season. :(

Wow i was just about to post the same link. I cannot see this helping out the park in any way what so ever. I do believe we are seeing the slow decline of SFKK.

So, since the same thing is going on at Great Adventure in New Jersey, Six Flags' flagship park, are we to believe that we are seeing the slow decline of SFGAd?

Maybe they're closing that area to re-vitalize it and add something new to give it a boost? Or making room for something bigger?

I agree that they may be doing something to re-vitalize or add to it. However, you would think this would be done in the off-season and not last through the entire 2008 season. Seems strange to me.

Guest rcfreak339
Maybe they're closing that area to re-vitalize it and add something new to give it a boost? Or making room for something bigger?

Yes, I do think thhey are redoing that whole section of park for a few reasons, 1: The paths are so confusing, 2:its very boreing and dull back there and three I think they need to add a flat or two where top elmenator dragsters used to be I was thiking mybe a Huss Fressbie. :)

Maybe its going to become the next Geauga Lake. They are adding to the water park but slowing closing the dry park?

Whatever they are going to do, I find it hard to believe this is a positive step for this park's future. I also find it hard to believe they would close this many major attractions to redue the area in the future.