Both sides of Racer going forward

neo8820

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, just personal preference. I have a bum back-and before anyone starts the lecture, it is my choice to ride, and I hold no one responsible but myself. But I have tried it several times, and found backwards to be painful. I need to see what's coming, so I can prepare my back, and riding backwards-there's no way....

I have a bum back too and I still keep on riding. Of course, I realize the risks involved, but I love coasters and the day it really hurts, I'll quit. Until then, happy riding KWINDSHAWNE!

I would much rather have The Racer painted back to its' original scheme than turned around, but, I'll still ride.

What is Cedar Fair's reason for turning recaR forwards? I thought having the option of riding both forwards and backwards gave two different ride experiences... :(

Many reasons, mainly because on slow days they could only open 1 and not have to pay labor or mantinence.

What is Cedar Fair's reason for turning recaR forwards? I thought having the option of riding both forwards and backwards gave two different ride experiences... :)

Some say its cause safety issues,some say to give KI its class back,ETC.

By no means did I intentionally annoy Interpreter. I know that the coaster is called "The Racer" and apolgize to anyone, specifically Interpreter, who took umbrage. My comment was just a reaction to the screamscpae article that I read.

Have a great day!

For roughness, which direction the train faces IMO does not have much, if any, impact. It's where one is sitting in the train, and of course, the track condition, and such.

As for the announcement... YESSS!! (Marv Albert style). Going backwards might have been something that was done by the "Taft Administration" back in '82, but I just have a preference to ride facing forward. I probably won't hold my breath for headrest removal, or a return of the red-white-blue paint scheme, or even improving the lapbar system (so it doesn't cut off circulation), but this is good news in my book.

For roughness, which direction the train faces IMO does not have much, if any, impact. It's where one is sitting in the train, and of course, the track condition, and such.

As for the announcement... YESSS!! (Marv Albert style). Going backwards might have been something that was done by the "Taft Administration" back in '82, but I just have a preference to ride facing forward. I probably won't hold my breath for headrest removal, or a return of the red-white-blue paint scheme, or even improving the lapbar system (so it doesn't cut off circulation), but this is good news in my book.

I'm glad that CF is running their racing coasters with both sides forward(as originally intended by their designers),now if they'd just actually dispatch the trains at the same time so that the rides can actually race.

physically it is the same ride, but other than that it is not the same ride, there is a sensation to riding backwards, not knowing when your going to takeoff downhill and then it hits you, this is especially the case if you ride towards the back, and for those of you that think it's just going to shorten the wait for a forwards run or that it will actually race, I'd bet a dollar to a donut that both lanes will run only on very crowded days

This makes me sick! The backward Racer is my favorite! Why are they doing this? :angry::angry:

What's the fun in seeing where you are going to go? We have that with The Beast, Vortex, SOB, etc.

They must compensate! One of the other RC in the park must go backwards now!

I probably spelled that wrong, but I'm TOO mad to care. Fiddlesticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I LOVE riding the backward Racer. I ride that more often than the forward racer. I love the air time you get on the backward side. If you ride it enough, you know where the hills are and when it's changing direction. The air time does it for me. I will be very disappointed if they do turn around the backward side. Oh well. I'll still go several times a year. It's just 1 ride.

This makes me sick! The backward Racer is my favorite! Why are they doing this? :angry::angry:

What's the fun in seeing where you are going to go? We have that with The Beast, Vortex, SOB, etc.

They must compensate! One of the other RC in the park must go backwards now!

I probably spelled that wrong, but I'm TOO mad to care. Fiddlesticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

So, technically, Invertigo doesn't count?

Ooh, and technically, at times you're 'going backwards' on Firehawk when facing the sky/hot, scorching sun.....

Guest kwindshawne
Nah, just personal preference. I have a bum back-and before anyone starts the lecture, it is my choice to ride, and I hold no one responsible but myself. But I have tried it several times, and found backwards to be painful. I need to see what's coming, so I can prepare my back, and riding backwards-there's no way....

I have a bum back too and I still keep on riding. Of course, I realize the risks involved, but I love coasters and the day it really hurts, I'll quit. Until then, happy riding KWINDSHAWNE!

I would much rather have The Racer painted back to its' original scheme than turned around, but, I'll still ride.

Thank you. Someday I will have to quit, until then yee haw!!!!!!!