Both sides of Racer going forward

neo8820

It is an interesting change. First was done back when The Bat was breaking down and I assumed it was done to distract the public eye away from that. I also like the experience and find it nice to get a choice. Sort of like the shot ride at CP. You can ride Up or Down. Same ride, they just let you decide which way to enjoy it. If it is due to public outcry I am surprised. Every time I rode The Racer, the backwards line was at least 4 - 5 times more crowded. I would say from my viewpoint, the GP loved it that way.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... no... no... this cant be happening... no... Cedar Fair, what happened do you... no... backwards was like a memory... just like KCKC... and Flight Commander... no... why is this happening... why does Cedar Fair have to upset us... I see no reason to turn it around... it's safe enough... did anybody die going backwards... this is heartbreaking... it's over... forever.........

UGH! This is the second most dumbest thing Cedar Fair has ever done! (GL was the first :( ) I suggest that we boycott The Racer, the whole thing. No one will be 100 feet from it, that includes going under it. Thats how mad I am. If we all boycott it (probably not) then maybe they will bring it back. But that is probably stupid.

RIP Backwards Racer

1979-2007

We will miss you!

I think I got the years wrong?

For all those upset with recaR being switched to the original setup, do what I plan to do. Wait until an offical announcement comes from KI (not a Screamscape report quoting the KD rep, but an actual announcement from KI management/marketing), and then file a formal complaint with the Guest Relations dept. I may wait until April 20th to do this in person.

"Thank you for your input. Your opinions are very important to us, and will be forwarded to the appropriate management officials. Thank you for contacting us."

And then.......nothing.

The decision is made. And three dozen complaints to Guest Relations (if there are even that many) will change nothing.

But, if it makes you feel any better, by all means....

Actually I have no clue about this matter, obviously other than the fact that it seems pretty set in stone. I LOVED the backward racer and I'm glad I rode it while I could.

Here is another weird tid-bit of info. I noticed on the backwards racers something odd the last time I rode it during Halloween Haunt. I got a slight pinch in my shoulder, as did the person riding next to me in the front seat of the backwards train. Maybe it was a technical issue that was corrected by doing this? I believe others have had this same theory, I am aware. I have never had the last bunny hill into the covering right before the station seem rought like that (it was the finally part of the last hill going up before it changes to flat track again), but then agian sometimes I get bruised on The Beast and sometimes I don't. Wooden coasters seem to be tempermental at times. ^_^

On a positive note, the backwards racers gave me an incredable view of fireworks at closing one night. It was fun in the rain too.

This makes me sick! The backward Racer is my favorite! Why are they doing this? :angry::angry:

What's the fun in seeing where you are going to go? We have that with The Beast, Vortex, SOB, etc.

They must compensate! One of the other RC in the park must go backwards now!

I probably spelled that wrong, but I'm TOO mad to care. Fiddlesticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

So, technically, Invertigo doesn't count?

Ooh, and technically, at times you're 'going backwards' on Firehawk when facing the sky/hot, scorching sun.....

No Invertigo does not count. No airtime.

As for Firehawk.......yes climbing backwards is true, it's going backwards all right meanwhile the sun is burning the skin eyes and head. (I do like that ride I just don't care for that particular part). As you stated "the scorching hot sun......"

Awwww, I loved the backward Racer. It was a classic wooden coaster and when it goes backward.......it's just exhilarating!

Actually I have no clue about this matter, obviously other than the fact that it seems pretty set in stone. I LOVED the backward racer and I'm glad I rode it while I could.

Here is another weird tid-bit of info. I noticed on the backwards racers something odd the last time I rode it during Halloween Haunt. I got a slight pinch in my shoulder, as did the person riding next to me in the front seat of the backwards train. Maybe it was a technical issue that was corrected by doing this? I believe others have had this same theory, I am aware. I have never had the last bunny hill into the covering right before the station seem rought like that (it was the finally part of the last hill going up before it changes to flat track again), but then agian sometimes I get bruised on The Beast and sometimes I don't. Wooden coasters seem to be tempermental at times. ^_^

On a positive note, the backwards racers gave me an incredable view of fireworks at closing one night. It was fun in the rain too.

Wooden roller coasters can be very temperamental and ride experiences can vary from how much grease is on the wheels/track, the temperature, the weight on the train, etc.

It is an interesting change. First was done back when The Bat was breaking down and I assumed it was done to distract the public eye away from that. I also like the experience and find it nice to get a choice. Sort of like the shot ride at CP. You can ride Up or Down. Same ride, they just let you decide which way to enjoy it. If it is due to public outcry I am surprised. Every time I rode The Racer, the backwards line was at least 4 - 5 times more crowded. I would say from my viewpoint, the GP loved it that way.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about The Bat.

It's official, Cedar Fair is ruining the park. Oh, it may just start out as turning The Racer around. But whats next?! And for all the people who said "I'm glad they are changing it, forwards is better anyways" That is exactly why they should leave the backwards side BACKWARDS! You can ride your crappy rough back breaking forward side, while I would be enjoying awesome airtime on the backwards side! Oh and another reason they shouldn't do it is this. Think about it, when you ride The Racer forward, how short is the line? Almost always there is a pretty short line. Now imagine THAT line size spilt to both sides. you could practically get on in 1 cycle or less! I will probably only ride The Racer once every time I go from now on because the forward side is not worth a reride! I just wish someone else bought the park, or Paramount still owned (Not CBS, Paramount!)

yeah but my point is, it may start out as turning both Racers forward, but what will they do next? MAYBE I went a little to far to say they were ruining the park, but they really aren't doing any better than CBS/paramount. Lets see, they stopped Winterfest without even giving it another chance to do better. It takes time for people to hear about events like winterfest. They are turning The Racer both sides forward. They will probably strip TRTR of most of it's cool theming. And they will probably end up destroying the atmosphere of Rivertown by filling in Swan Lake for the "2009 Coaster". So far i'm not too impressed by CF. But hopefully in time I will grow to like them owning my home park.

yeah but my point is, it may start out as turning both Racers forward, but what will they do next? MAYBE I went a little to far to say they were ruining the park, but they really aren't doing any better than CBS/paramount. Lets see, they stopped Winterfest without even giving it another chance to do better. It takes time for people to hear about events like winterfest. They are turning The Racer both sides forward. They will probably strip TRTR of most of it's cool theming. And they will probably end up destroying the atmosphere of Rivertown by filling in Swan Lake for the "2009 Coaster". So far i'm not too impressed by CF. But hopefully in time I will grow to like them owning my home park

There are reasons for every move that Cedar Fair makes. Ultimately they will probably do what is best for the park and the chain for the long term. They are a business and if things are not working (TR:TR, Winterfest, SOB) they can and will remove them or change them for the better of the park.

Also keep in mind all of the good things that Cedar Fair has brought to the park in a year in a half

Firehawk

A cleaner park

More shows

No more paramount posters

Not to mention much better food and lower prices, a well motivated foods staff, a fair and efficient season pass program, better and fairer treatment for employees, etc.

No, I won't mention those things....

No arguing here, those are all very valid points.

I would really like to see the food department improve but when they pay minimum wage you can only expect so much <_<

Not to mention much better food and lower prices, a well motivated foods staff, a fair and efficient season pass program, better and fairer treatment for employees, etc.

No, I won't mention those things....

No arguing here, those are all very valid points.

I would really like to see the food department improve but when they pay minimum wage you can only expect so much <_<

The Rides department starts their workers out at minimum wage, and while there will always be a few bad apples, my experiences with that department have always been good. From when my youngest daughter worked there, to when I visit as a guest.

I rather go back to a theme park to behonest <_< Turning the backwards racer forwards is like taking a ride out. It just wont be the same, and to all you saying " its still gona be the same ride" how about we turn The Beast backwards for a day and see if its the same ride. It might be the same track, but not the same ride experince... Takes out all the fun :(

Note: Kings Islands new theme song is! How far we've come BY Matchbox20