Both sides of Racer going forward

neo8820

God I am so gald it's going forward. Rumor Smasher, It's hard to enjoy the Backward Dimension if your Neck is getting obliterated.

Why would your neck be geting obliterated?

I don't know, maybe the insane roughness of the Backwards Train has something to do with it.

Please don't condratict that opinion, everyone has there own and it's pointless to argue over it, especially since it doesn't matter anymore.

Doesn't Frontwards have some insane roughness? they both have the same type of train, just one is turned backwards. Same wooden track. So why does the backwards have more roughness then the forwards?

Also hope you guys know, you maybe will only see racers raceing on weekends or very crowed days. Wont be suprise if they change the names.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Frontwards have some insane roughness? they both have the same type of train, just one is turned backwards. Same wooden track. So why does the backwards have more roughness then the forwards?

Maybe, maybe not. I think it really depends on the person. I find forwards very rough on most days, but occasionally it will be fairly smooth. Backwards has always been the opposite for me - smooth mostly, but occasionally very rough. And you really can't use the argument about the same wooden track, because wood ages, bends, warps, etc. uniquely. You could technically make the argument, that, say, The Beast and The Voyage have the same wooden track, and therefore would have the same amount of roughness, but that's not true. Or The Beast and Racer. Each track has different weights running on them at different times, depending on how many guests are in a train. So it's likely that the tracks on each side of Racer have aged differently over time, providing a different amount of roughness.

Wont be suprise if they change the names.

I can't see this happening, as (1) why would they rename it? And (2) they have already announced the name changes, and Racer isn't named/themed after a Paramount movie -- ergo, no necessary name change.

I don't see a reason to change the name of The Racer because it is not tied to Paramount. There is no reason for it. Besides, let us review our history. Both coasters on The Racer originally went forwards and one was changed to backwards YEARS later. Hence, if both coasters on The Racer go forwards, it is a retro change.

I don't think Rumor Smasher is saying that it may change for the same reason as the Paramount rides. From his post,

Also hope you guys know, you maybe will only see racers raceing on weekends or very crowed days. Wont be suprise if they change the names.

I took it to mean that they could change the name because if they do only run one side on slower days, the name Racer really no longer applies since North and South would no longer race. I see this as unlikely though given the ride's historic status.

But, like I said before in another topic, if they do only run one side, they might as well call it "Practice Lap" instead.

Hence, if both coasters on The Racer go forwards, it is a retro change.

It only ran both sides forward for ten years! One has been running backwards for the last 25 years! Why change it back? Why don't they just put the dumb OTS restraints back on FoF with Cedar Fair's Logic, or better yet tear out every ride that has been added since 1972, so that KI is what it was when it first opened!?! This is not a change for turning the ride back into it's classic form. No, it's a way for Cedar Fair to be cheap, and only run one side during the week. If CF couldn't even handle the debt that they've gotten from buying the PPs then why did they do it? Now the park guests will have to suffer because CF bit off more than they could chew.

Hence, if both coasters on The Racer go forwards, it is a retro change.

It only ran both sides forward for ten years! One has been running backwards for the last 25 years! Why change it back? Why don't they just put the dumb OTS restraints back on FoF with Cedar Fair's Logic, or better yet tear out every ride that has been added since 1972, so that KI is what it was when it first opened!?! This is not a change for turning the ride back into it's classic form. No, it's a way for Cedar Fair to be cheap, and only run one side during the week. If CF couldn't even handle the debt that they've gotten from buying the PPs then why did they do it? Now the park guests will have to suffer because CF bit off more than they could chew.

Wow dont be so bitter, if you dont like the park then dont go moreless. And suffer cause they turned the train around the way it was meant to be. Ya know if you owned the park you could ***** about it.

I will like Kings Island still, no matter who owns it. I just don't like some decisions they've been making lately. Regardless, I don't own the park, and in the end I'm sure i'll end up liking what CF will do to the park. But as of right now i'm just a little angry that The Racers will be turned Forward, and I didn't mean to sound so bitter, I guess it's just the way it came out.

I know what they could do. Make the trains look like the ones on Invertigo on both sides. That way you can pick backwards or forwards on both sides.

That would be cool, kind of like The Lost Coaster of Supersition Mountain at Indiana Beach? Wow thats a long name.

I know what they could do. Make the trains look like the ones on Invertigo on both sides. That way you can pick backwards or forwards on both sides.

That would be cool, kind of like The Lost Coaster of Supersition Mountain at Indiana Beach? Wow thats a long name.

Just slightly longer than

SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge! :lol:

By Kings Island, no....other parks' representatives have confirmed that the racing coasters at Kings Island, Kings Dominion and Carowinds will not have backwards operation. See post #2 of this very thread.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a press release from Kings Island. This isn't exactly something they are proud of....It'd be like putting out a press release to announce increased food prices and higher parking fees.

I suspect you are in for a long wait...and the gentleman at Kings Dominion is one of Mr. Kinzel's minions...as is anyone else who works for Cedar Fair...let there be no mistake about that...

I wouldn't say they all are.

-King Maple, who remembers reading about Armia Krajowa.

Like I said in my past post^ You will only probly see them race on weekends or crowed days...Maybe not even on crowed days! If anything they are turning around the backwards too save money. So on slow days they can shut down one side and keep other side going. Even on crowed days they will probly open both sides, but may not race them! Their goal is to load the train, check riders safety, and send them on their way and load the next train.