Kings Island Covered in Snow

BoddaH1994

Here are some images of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle as well as the Fairly Odd Coaster covered in snow as reported by Local 12. Photos were contributed to Local 12 by Don Helbig.

Fairly Odd Coaster and Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle Covered in Snow. Scroll down to see the images.

Here is the link to the original article including images of the snow from around town.

I'd love to visit the park while covered in snow. To me, it would be so peaceful and quiet.

On the other hand however, I'm ready for Spring and Summer! We had two lovely days of sunny, 70 degree, and slightly breezy days last week, which was bad because I want that back. Now it's rainy and 40-50 degrees. Last year, I would've loved more winter, but now that I spent time every morning scraping ice/snow off my car, I want spring.

Guest faceoff

To see Kings Island or any other amusement park covered in snow is sad and just un- american. I hope this is the last

of winter weather. I cannot wait for april 19th and a nice pleasant drive to Kings Island a great and warm opening

day on april 20th.

Some of my fondest Kings Island memories are of riding Beast in snow.

And then there's the time I rode the Georgia Cyclone in pounding sleet, but that's a story for another place and time.

How did you ride Beast when it was snowing?

It was on opening day, some years back. Paramount Parks ran The Beast, snow and all. We were quite surprised.... As for the Georgia Cyclone, the trains were completely occupied by international park owners....and me. It was surreal.

Goodness, it has been years ago, but I remember going to Kings Island towards the end of the season, and a friend and I rode The Beast. It started to snow just before we got on the ride, and for one reason or another I didn't think about the consequences of riding Beast in the snow. ( I think I was just overwhelmed with the new riding experience )

Bottom line is that The Beast in the snow HURTS! It hurts A LOT! The snow stings your face like getting shot with a pellet gun. I remember having to close my eyes.

Hurts just thinking about it.

i seem to remember some years ago....1999, when Face/OFF / Invertigo opened,

the very first night was the season pass preview on a friday evening.

the temperature outside was hovering right around 32 degrees and fell throughout the night. There was a good deal of snow falling, as well as sleet / freezing rain. We did not stay long, however being the teenagers we were, and freshmen in high school, my friends and i took advantage of a nearly empty park and managed to get a few rides on Face/off, beast, Vortex, outer limits and a couple flats.

Perhaps this is when he is referring to riding The Beast in the snow?

• 1 year later...

^did you look at the pictures that are in the photo gallery on this site? there are some really beautiful pictures of Vortex and racer in there, and then over on kiDiamondback.com in the photo gallery there are some pictures of Diamondback in the snow and i believe one or two pictures of the crypt's entrance covered in snow and also in a freak snow storm

i seem to remember some years ago....1999, when Face/OFF / Invertigo opened,

the very first night was the season pass preview on a friday evening.

the temperature outside was hovering right around 32 degrees and fell throughout the night. There was a good deal of snow falling, as well as sleet / freezing rain. We did not stay long, however being the teenagers we were, and freshmen in high school, my friends and i took advantage of a nearly empty park and managed to get a few rides on Face/off, beast, Vortex, outer limits and a couple flats.

Perhaps this is when he is referring to riding The Beast in the snow?

Oh I remember that day well, we still had the Vekoma reps there to help and they kept on saying that Face/Off could run in any weather. King Cobra couldn't run in cold weather lower than 46 Degrees "I could be wrong on the exact temp but it is somewhere around that".

My first day working at ki back in 97 I worked on Viking Fury and Skylab and it snowed, sleeted and rained.