Coney to Add Three new Attractions in 2008

CoastersRZ

I am torn between wanting the Eagle to be relocated, and let it die with the park that made it famous.

Right now, I am honestly leaning towards its final resting place being Lesourdsville Lake.

I'd rather see a fantastic coaster be relocated for many others to enjoy for years to come, than to see a fantastic coaster rot and die.

Robbie, I forgot that area does get used for special events, but lets say the eagle was to occupy it, would those events be able to be relocated anywhere else in the park? I just think the addition of the eagle would nicely round out Coney and it make it more appealing to a wider spectrum of guests.

Stay tuned to www.queencitydisco.com in the coming days as I will probably update it with recently never before seen photographs from a separate trip to Americana.

I couldnt agree with you more! Id love to see it moved to Coney that would bring a lot of enthusiasts into the park more often

Yes. That being said, however, all the times I`ve been to Stricker`s Grove, the Tornado is one of the most popular rides for kids and parents alike. No offense to the Pepsi Python, but between that ride and the Tornado at Stricker`s Grove, I would take the Tornado for a ride over the PYthon in a heartbeat. I just don`t see Coney getting a wooden coaster anytime soon.

By the way, Coney erected the River Runner today. Stay tuned for some potential construction pictures of the latest happenings at Coney Island!

I still say that Coney's best option at a new coaster would either be a boomerang or a wild mouse. Both are models with many variations, crowd pleasures, and not as expensive as a custom ride (normally). Aside from that, I think Coney is heading in the right direction. Yes, it would be cool to get a new school flat like a topspin or frisbee, but Coney is a Traditional park.

I'm sorry but the Pepsi Python is horrible, I can't even ride it without getting my knees banged up against the metal bar, the cars are too small, If they had the tornado, heck even the Teddy Bear would do wonders for the atmosphere there

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with the python is the size of the cars and the metal bar that bangs up my knees, I doubt I'd have a problem with the cyclone, unless my knees were constantly hitting a bar

Who said anything about the best rides ever, last time I checked Coney is a bigger park than Strickers Grove, I was just saying a nice small wooden coaster would be nice, something just about every amusement park Coney's size and smaller has, I don't expect it to happen but it would be nice

I do not yet know what the height requirement will be for River Runner. Yes, I would assume adults will be able to ride it. I am not sure what the minimum height requirements will be. It will likely be similar to the Ferris Wheel. On that, kids must be 36" to ride. If they are taller then 36" but shorter then 48", then they need a chaperone to ride. At Coney, as with at Kings Island, a chaperone is considered to be someone 16 years of age or older, and a person who is able to abide by the rules and regulations of the said attraction.

It is a rather large building. And, it very dominating if you are by the Dodgems. Hopefully, they will at least put some paint on the precast concrete planks that make up the walls for the stage house. They are supposed to do some landscape and earthwork, to try and hide a bump out at the base of the building. It certainly looks a lot different then that area did back in September (or even the first weekend of October, when there was nothing but mud there).

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update from Coney Island.

I was at the flower show today, helping setup. The Turtle Parade ride has now been completely assembled on the former site of the Kiddie Freeway. Additionally, Frog Hopper is now standing in its new location next to Boats and Trains. Work continues to progress on River Runner, although there are still no platforms actually up to the boat yet. The Giant Slide is still underneath one of the picnic shelters receiving some work.

The Cincinnati Flower Show opens next Saturday (April 19) and runs through Sunday, April 27th. Please note that, unlike the last five years that the show has been at Coney, there will NOT be any rides operating at the flower show this year. It is a very impressive display to see though. Advanced discounted tickets are available at all area Kroger and National City locations.

No, it is not a kiddie version of the tumblebug ride. The ride is manufactured by Zamperla, under the name Turtle Parade.

Here is the Turtle Parade page on Coney Island Central, which has some images that may give you a better idea of exactly what type of ride the Turtle Parade is.

Ohh,I see now!(Now,if coney could get a full sized Tumble Bug! :lol:)