Kings Island really old photos

Phantom Theater

Alot of those pictures used to be on my old yahoo Kings Island group. Sadly I lost my old e-mail and the group is no more. If its still going I have no control over it anymore. I just wish someone would ask taking pictures that have my family in them.

Love the beautiful "older" pictures! Thank you for sharing.

I love and miss the HB characters. :(

Again, just lovely pictures. Pictures that made me scream out "Oh, I forgot all about that ride/HB character!"

Oh the late 70's early 80's........GREAT years at KI, and I'm sure they have some more great stuff to offer in the coming years. (It just better be a hell of a lot better than turning the backward Racer around!) <_<

:P

Yes. I`ve had a bad encounter with that particular website. Someone lifted images off of my personal site, without my permission, and submitted them to that site, where they were posted, without giving any recognition to me! After emailing the webmaster, I had them removed from that site.

It was more like a gigantic rotating washer drum inside a tall cylinder, where you stuck to the walls when it rotated...much more quickly in its early days than later on. The walls were coated with rubber, which usually had a very funky smell, especially by the end of the season. Up until September of 2005, Six Flags Great Adventure still had one of these. They are now quite rare. Here's some great information on that one. Kings Island's was very similar.

http://www.amusementpics.com/Rotor.htm

(all the pictures are clickable thumbs, just click for a larger version)

Where was covered walkway? I remember walking through it when I was a kid but I don't really know where it was.

Part of the covered walkway still exists right after Chick-Fil-A on the left if you are heading into NU. Heres a Picture, whats left is in the bottom middle of the page.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=94&pos=12

Where was covered walkway? I remember walking through it when I was a kid but I don't really know where it was.

Part of the covered walkway still exists right after Chick-Fil-A on the left if you are heading into NU. Heres a Picture, whats left is in the bottom middle of the page.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=94&pos=12

Oh Okay! Right there in the umbrella farm right?

Yes. I`ve had a bad encounter with that particular website. Someone lifted images off of my personal site, without my permission, and submitted them to that site, where they were posted, without giving any recognition to me! After emailing the webmaster, I had them removed from that site.

Okay I might do that you can see my grandma and grandpa in the picture.

Why did they do away with most of that lovely walkway? (Tunnel) It would light up at night, so pretty!

Did Paramount decide to rip most of it away? :(

Did it come with the changing of HB to NU? If so they should have left that walkway ALONE!

It's not as if they put a ride in its place....

Sometimes KI puzzles me with the choices they make, but that's just my point of view.

Maybe they had a good reason for taking the Tunnel away? Or most of it rather.

If anyone knows.....will you let me in on it?

Thanks!

Actually no. The covered walkway was removed for the 1998 season when Hanna Barbera Land was renovated. It was nice to get to Rivertown from I Street, as you didn`t have to go in front of the ice cream and food stand and was a more direct way to get to the log flume.

Actually no. The covered walkway was removed for the 1998 season when Hanna Barbera Land was renovated. It was nice to get to Rivertown from I Street, as you didn`t have to go in front of the ice cream and food stand and was a more direct way to get to the log flume.

Thank you for answering my question.

I had not been to KI since 1987 and when I returned in 1999, well I was suprised how much had changed. I did know that 12 years would bring a different look to the park, I just wondered about that Tunnel I liked SO much.

The animal safari was gone (which I had read about in the newspaper) I actually was reading in the newspapers about the different changes through my 12 years of absence.

I never had a chance to ride Flight Commander, but at least I returned in time for a few more rides on the King Cobra!

I wish they would NOT turn The Racer around though. I have ridden it more backward than forward. The backward one was the only one I would ride.

Oh well, I love The Racer and as long as it's there (and it should always be at KI) I will continue to ride my favorite coaster. It will just feel odd going forward on that white track. LOL.

Thanks again for your prompt tunnel answer!

Enjoy the rest of your night!