Behemoth Testing Video And Trains Picture

If we only knew if we will get a similar coaster to this or some other unique design hopefully with the terrain used back around the WWC woods or near The Beast like the rumor has it we will have to wait and see what the deal is. :huh:

Id rather wont a new flat like time warp at Geauga lake.(R.I.P :()

I am assuming that the ride will go a little faster when the wheels ware in and there is weight in the cars, but the ride seemed to be going very slow. Seeing the layout for the first time in my opinion I really don't think the ride is so great, its pretty much just a big out and back.

I will say though that the ride looks extremely smooth which is great to see. I also liked the sound it made as it ran.

I have to agree with gamesguy.... this doesn't appear to be much creativity behind the layout... it's much like most CF roller coasters..... tall, lots of hills, no loops; and pretty much "out and back." This appears to be somewhere between Magnum and Millenium Force (which is almost like Magnum on steriods.

God D*mn that looks fun! It looks as though it only has some "floater air" on that, otherwise it looks awesome.

I have never ridden a B&M Hyper, heck the only hyper I have ridden is Son of Beast! (Shows you how much I need a B&M, eh?) ;)

Either way, I can't wait till we get ours, And I hope Toronto is pleased with theirs.

Man that coaster looks fun. Most B&M Hypers are fun and prove a once in a lifetime experience. Apollo anyone?

Ugh. I certainly hope NOT. Of all the B and M hypers I have ridden, Apollo is by far my least favorite. To me, it's like a giant simulator ride with high speed fans. Raging Bull is a close second to last....

Also, note that you cannot judge a ride by its test runs. After the ride begins to break in, it may also begin to brake in. Or not. We will see.

Amazing that they're this far into construction so early...for a park that has a relatively late opening, to be full circuit testing in mid-March seems ahead of where most parks would be at this point.

Anyone else get cold just looking at that thing flying along the tracks with snow on the ground :D

Man that coaster looks fun. Most B&M Hypers are fun and prove a once in a lifetime experience. Apollo anyone?

Ugh. I certainly hope NOT. Of all the B and M hypers I have ridden, Apollo is by far my least favorite. To me, it's like a giant simulator ride with high speed fans. Raging Bull is a close second to last....

Also, note that you cannot judge a ride by its test runs. After the ride begins to break in, it may also begin to brake in. Or not. We will see.

Amen. None of the B&M hypers have proven to be an "exceptional" experience for me, other than Goliath at SFoG. For us, that one has been the only major intensity. Raging Bull is a bore, its so controlled that any airtime is killed by the trim brakes. Apollo gets props for its location and setting, but still fails to deliver for me and Nitro has never done it for me either. Goliath has more pronounced airtime than any of the other B&M Speed Coasters and has that wicked helix mid-ride. It still pails in comparison to an El Toro or a Superman, but its still fun! Behemoth has potential to be a great ride, it will all vary in how those trims are used on the three return hills. Something tells me that if this ride were going into KI, we well know how those trims would be used :-(

- Todd

Good sir, I must disagree! Raging Bull is one of my favorite B&M's of the few I have ridden that is. Of course, maybe it was the fact I rode it 10 times in one day...quantity vs. quality? Now, Goliath at SFOG...incredible.

I have ridden most of the B&M hypers in North America, including Goliath, Nitro, Raging Bull and Apollo's Chariot. I love them all and they are simply my favorite kinds of coasters! They have fantastic seats and restraints, and most of them have great airtime. I do agree that a few unfortunate trims on Raging Bull reduces the airtime on that coaster, but overall these are fantastic. Nitro and Goliath at SFOG are my favorites so far. I am really looking forward to riding Behemoth this year and sincerely hope that is what Ki is getting in 2009!

Amazing that they're this far into construction so early...for a park that has a relatively late opening, to be full circuit testing in mid-March seems ahead of where most parks would be at this point.

Well, the park opens on April 25th for season pass holders. They really want to get this thing open by then so they have only 6 weeks left to do all the testing and landscaping to get it open. Plus, all three trains haven't arrived yet.

Pictures of the train testing: http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/cp250/Behemoth/