October 2nd & 3rd

Ben

I'll be PKI on October 2nd & 3rd. Which of course is the opening weekend for Fear Fest. Is anyone else going to be there? I'll be wearing a black t-shirt that has a smile face on it that says "Cedar Point - The Amazement Park!" If any of you are going to be there, be sure to look for meh.

Its a Beast midnight ride it goes from 12-2 am

It's a little more than that:

8 a.m. Registration begins

8:30 a.m. Flight of Fear behind-the-scenes tour

10 a.m. First ride on The Beast

Noon GAME! Woo! Meet at International Showplace for instructions.

2:30 p.m. Lunch with special guest speaker

5 p.m. The Beast behind-the-scenes tour

7 p.m. Turn in your completed game forms

11 p.m. Prizes and awards given, The Beast 25th anniversary video, Paramount Theatre

Midnight ERT on The Beast

As well as special "behind the scenes" tours of several haunted attractions, as well as front-of-the-line passes.

The Flight of Fear behind-the-scenes tour is worth it alone for me! I have always wanted to go inside the spaghetti bowl, and now I will finally get that chance!

The "Beast Thing" as it was so unceremoniously called is Great Ohio Coaster Club's (GOCC's) Fall Freak Out 2004, to be held at PKI. Although ACE is co-sponsoring the event, registration was handled by GOCC.

Rates were in the neighborhood of $38 unless you had a season pass, which got it down to $15. Acording to their flyer, registration forms had to be postmarked by the 18th.

PKI does a fantastic job with special events, and they know how to thow a party. Should be a fun time for all.

Besides, I have some pride to redeam at Sadsitc Steve's Scavenger Search, as we came in 4th at The BeastBuzz event. Though, to be fair, extensive knowledge of the park is probably not that big of help when the questions are things like "Count the number of light bulbs in The Vortex sign" Steve claims he never recycles questions, so we know what he won't be asking.......

I disagree. If you had little knowledge of the park, it would be hard to even know where to go with the questions. Granted, it's hard to find a person who knows how many light bulbs are on The Vortex's sign off the top of their head, but there were a lot of questions that, due to our teams knowledge of the park, knew exactly where to go, thus saving lots of time.

We'll just have to see what Steve-o comes up with for this Beast Thing. :D