'Rock It' will roll'em at Universal Orlando In 2009

Cool!! I had read some rumors about "Project Rumble" on Screamscape, but had no clue an announcement was so close.

Any idea who the manufacturer is? (I apologize if it was in the article and I missed it...I just scanned the highlights)

I need to schedule my next trip to Orlando...I'm thinking late Spring 2009 right after the Spring Break rush. This coaster...The Simpsons..."Potterland"..."Aquatica--lots of new stuff to keep me busy in the Universal area! (I have a feeling that other than Downtown Disney, it will be another Disney-free trip to Orlando for me...)

The manufacturer was not mentioned in the article.

I want Kings Island to get one of those...I realize it is not a hyper, however I am sure Universal will do this the 'right' way, and really all I want is a fun ride!

Sounds like Universal will be fit in with Disney on my trip to Orlando in spring '09!

Judging by the picture, it kinda looks like a Maurer Sohne X-Car coaster

You are correct. I don't remember where it was posted, but someone was able to pull up where Universal had applied for all of the permits for the ride and Maurer Sohne was listed as the provider for the attraction. Construction is rumored to be starting as soon as Mardi Gras winds down in April, I did notice some markings on the midways already at this point though.

- Todd