It's Almost Kings Island Time! Cinnabon To Kings Island, Season Passes, Halloween Haunt & More!

i have a feeling that rivertown will be very crowded on the 20th ;) .

so if i get to go i might wait a while before i go over there.

And I have a feeling that the whole park may have a crowd on the 20th.

Who knows we will all find out on the 20th ;) .

Oh and a little bird told me that some of the rides will be testing soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I STILL Never understand any of you're little hints.

Can you give me a better one, or PM a REALLY obvious one?

In a word...no. :)

There is a reason those who may know things do....it's called keeping things in confidence and having credibility. Keep your enthusiasm, though! :)

Too bad Lance from Screamscape doesn't know a whole lot about credibility or keeping things in confidence.

I submit that Screamscape has its own role to play in this process. Sometimes parks want something on the street....and sometimes they have even been known to float trial balloons. Were it not for Screamscape and other similar sites, several changes might well have been made to numerous parks that eventually were not. There is a reason. And just because Screamscape says something is about to happen, then it does not, does NOT mean Screamscape was wrong in the first place. Things change. Budgets change. Second thoughts happen. Reactions are heard.

It's not as simple as Roller Coaster Tycoon. Not even close.

:blink: The Coney midway's looking like my dad's driveway: hope they resurface it soon...

[edit] the midway~dad can resurface his own driveway :lol:

Where is Cinnabon being built?

Yeah Coney Mall midway has been looking bad from 1989 to now. Yes I know it would cost a lot to fix it and replant all the flowers and trees.

The new coaster will have to wow me before I get a 2009 season pass.

I submit that Screamscape has its own role to play in this process. Sometimes parks want something on the street....and sometimes they have even been known to float trial balloons. Were it not for Screamscape and other similar sites, several changes might well have been made to numerous parks that eventually were not. There is a reason. And just because Screamscape says something is about to happen, then it does not, does NOT mean Screamscape was wrong in the first place. Things change. Budgets change. Second thoughts happen. Reactions are heard.

It's not as simple as Roller Coaster Tycoon. Not even close.

You mean if something isn't working, you can't just drag it to the trash can and get your money back?

Boy, the world is cruel!!!

I do agree about the confidence thing though. I'm sure parks would like to just throw ideas out there to get reactions. My only problem with that being that I would think the majority of readers of that site would be coaster enthusiasts...meaning they are not in the majority. Unless I'm wrong about who his readers are.

You think he was smart in releasing the layout of Maverick before CP made the announcement? They were pretty upset from what I understand.

I'd have to disagree. I think that it was very prudent for him to release the layout. He had access to the information and posted it. I think that it was further proof that Screamscape is a valuable source of information for park enthusiasts.

I Have never been to opening day and i was wondering how crowded is it usually? I will be there on the 20th this year, and i keep telling my boss about it, and he laughs at me becasue of how much i talk about KI. I love the park, and i cant wait till the 20th!! Hope to see you all there!! I'm so stoaked!

You think he was smart in releasing the layout of Maverick before CP made the announcement? They were pretty upset from what I understand.

I'd have to disagree. I think that it was very prudent for him to release the layout. He had access to the information and posted it. I think that it was further proof that Screamscape is a valuable source of information for park enthusiasts.

When you take several shots at several fish in the proverbial barrel, you tend to hit one now and again. IMO, it barely raises his credibility, if there was any to begin with.

When They have that kind of information,

unless told not to I say go ahead and let the world know! I think it's wonderful to have knowladge in rumors, even if they are, Just Rumors!

When you take several shots at several fish in the proverbial barrel, you tend to hit one now and again. IMO, it barely raises his credibility, if there was any to begin with.

Well, seems he only has a credibility issue with very vocal few.

Seems to have quite a following from what I can tell. Even the folk that like to complain about Screamscape seem to check it out.

Seems to have quite a following from what I can tell. Even the folk that like to complain about Screamscape seem to check it out.

We also would read JacksonPKI's posts...

And I don't have to go into detail about what that meant.

;)

Seriously though, what Lance did by posting the info on Maverick was nothing different than the employee that hopped a fence and took pics of the construction of Swan Lake.

They both new that the information was privledged, but chose to post it anyway.

;)

Seriously though, what Lance did by posting the info on Maverick was nothing different than the employee that hopped a fence and took pics of the construction of Swan Lake.

where has jacksonpki even been i miss reading his post.

;)

where has jacksonpki even been i miss reading his post.

Everyone was probably too mean to the guy or gal.

Some folk were just brutal to him/her!