KICentral Takes You Back To 1972

Dane

Great pics, and I really appreciate you adding mine to the album.

I've got a question about this pic:

scan0005~0.jpg

There were really live monkeys around Screamin' Demon?? I am in awe of this part of the park (along with LCS). The theming and the landscaping looks out of this world. Question: What is the building in the background? Not sure of what angle I'm looking at.

Wish I had a ticket to this place they call Kings Island I see in these old pics!!

Yes there were monkeys however the ride was netting around it so they couldnt get on it!

edit: Or was it water that kept them off? I dont recall

Water is used at many Zoological facilities as a deterrent to keep monkeys in enclosures. That is not to say that it is absolutely impossible for monkeys to get out. They just find the frigid water not worth it!

Chef, does the Boomerang Network pay you to name drop them so often? ;)

Ha! Gordon, you really think he's ever going to read this again and reply to you? Unless he's promoting another article he wrote, then he'll probably never view this topic again because he's down at the GWL with coasterwmmn and Rumor Smasher.

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't Amazon Falls were Scream'n Demon was?

Kind of... Screamin' Demon was in the general vicinity of what we now call Action Zone.

Right. I would say Amazon Falls replaced Screamin' Demon in the same way Delerium replaced King Cobra. As I recall, Demon ran roughly parallel to the back of Timberwolf. So Amazon Falls occupied part of the site, but not all of it. And, I do remember the monkeys and the netting used to keep them off of the ride. And I remember that there were carp in the water similar to the lake by the former Bubba Gumps.

• 2 weeks later...