Offseason Pictures added to Coney Island Central

CoastersRZ

I was able to stop by Coney and take some pictures of the latest preparations for the 2008 season. Included in the picture update are some pictures from inside of the Sunlite Pool filter room, some flood water in the deep end of the pool, and of course the various updates that are occuing in the rides department. Turtle Parade is now on site, with some preliminary construction ocuring. The new foundation for the Frog Hopper has been poured, and the Giant Slide is receiving some work before a paint job and a move to a new location. Additionally, work was continuing on River Runner, which looks like it will be a big hit with the crowds this year. Currently, there was no work going on on the Eurobungy Dome.

Click here to see the photo update.

As always, be sure to check out Coney Island Central for the latest news and developments on Cincinnati`s Coney Island.

-Robbie

Yes, The River Runner is a new attraction at Coney in 2008. Here are the new attractions that Coney is getting for this season. Keep in mind that the Eurobungy Dome will be similar to Famous Fairways golf, in that it will be a separate upcharge attraction. In addition, the Frog Hopper and Giant Slide will have new homes for this season.

If any one else has any questions, feel free to ask them. If I don`t know the answer, I can likely find it out.

In addition to the three new attractions, there will be several other potential new things at Coney this season. The games department is looking at adding several new games, which could possibly include a Dance Dance Revolution game. Additionally, several of the old cars from Kiddie Circle Freeway will be rehabbed and placed around the park for photo opportunities. Furthermore, plans call for fish feeders (not unlike those that resides by the restaurant formerly known as Bubba Gump`s at Kings Island.

If anyone has any historical pictures from Coney Island that they would be willing to contribute to the site, please do so. You can contact me by PM, or send me an email .

Kiddie Circle Freeway has been retired from service. A couple of the cars will be rehabbed and return to the park this season as photo ops for park guests. The Turtle Parade is going on the site vacated by the Kiddie Circle Freeway.

The Eurobungy Dome is going on a site that has been vacant for the last six years. It is right next to the Ferris Wheel. That location used to be the site of the Helicopters, before they were moved in front of the Administration building back for the 2002 season.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, just ask away.

Kiddie Circle Freeway has been retired from service. A couple of the cars will be rehabbed and return to the park this season as photo ops for park guests. The Turtle Parade is going on the site vacated by the Kiddie Circle Freeway.

The Eurobungy Dome is going on a site that has been vacant for the last six years. It is right next to the Ferris Wheel. That location used to be the site of the Helicopters, before they were moved in front of the Administration building back for the 2002 season.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, just ask away.

Ohh.Ok.I thought i remembered something that was in the eurobungees spot.Havent been there for awhile!

Yes, River Runner has only been used for about two months last year at Wild West World. It is manufactured by SBF Rides/Vista, who also made the Skyscraper ride at Krazy City in Tri County Mall.

Turtle Parade is a used ride, and I`m not sure where it was previously located at.

I`m not sure about the Eurobungy Dome, as it has yet to arrive on site at Coney. I would venture to say that it is likely direct from the manufacturer though.

Thanks for the kind words on the update!

It is hard to believe that the first event of the spring at Coney will also be the same weekend that Kings Island opens. The Cincinnati Flower Show will be held on the banks of Lake Como April 19th through 27th. A few selected rides along the shores of Lake Como will likely operate for the flower show (I do not know if River Runner will be one of those attractions. They have a lot of work to do on the platform for that ride). This will be the 19th annual flower show, and the sixth year the show has been held at Coney Island. (It was previously held at Cincinnati`s Ault Park, before moving to Coney in 2003).

For more information on the Cincinnati Flower Show, visit their website at www.cincyflowershow.com.