When did you join KICentral?

It would be interesting to see when we all joined the forums and see how many patrons we have still on the forums. If you were part of the PKIU merger make sure you tell us that.
-Cheers

I joined in 2004.

EDIT- I see that the years are out of order, Unfortunately the way the polls work by oldest choices at the top, and newer poll choices at the bottom. Nothing I can do about it, sorry.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Added 2002 to poll

September 24th, 2003.

I was a member of PKIU and then joined here.

Intrestingly enough (and not to put anyone down) things here are much more civil than most enthusiast sites.

Mention that you like CF, CP, KI, or even Beast at some sites and you would be amazed at how your opinion is treated. Not only do you have a completely terrible opinion, you should never leave your house to go to a park again because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Kudos to the group here that things never get that bad.

January 3, 2007 is my join date. A great day as it was the first chance that I was so fortunate to meet many of you and form some friendships on and off board! I love it when people come and introduce themselves at the park, so always feel free to let me know who you are!

I had been around reading the forums since the days of PKIU, but never joined...just did not have much to say, Nor did I feel comfortable signing up as a minor. Unlike many of the younger posters on here, I was always told that the internet was a very powerful and sometimes dangerous tool, so did not join until wow, over a year ago now...time just flies!

Thanks for KIC Mods!

September 14th of last year.

Intrestingly enough (and not to put anyone down) things here are much more civil than most enthusiast sites.

Mention that you like CF, CP, KI, or even Beast at some sites and you would be amazed at how your opinion is treated. Not only do you have a completely terrible opinion, you should never leave your house to go to a park again because you have no idea what you are talking about.

True that, Brown.

If you go onto sites with many home parks, (Coastersims, Themepark Insider) people are VERY critical about you're opinion.

Especially during the offseason. During times where you haven't ridden a coaster in months, it does things to you're mind. The biggest thing for me is only remembering the bad parts of a ride. And when you talk to someone who's just like that and HATED your park to start with, it can get nasty.

That's one of the reasons I like it here. People respect other people's opinions.

I joined last summer. My oldest girl is 12. We took a trip to KI, and I was pointing things out to her like where the "big" log ride used to be, the building that used to have a boat ride through the smurfs villiage, and before that Hannah barberra land...She said Hanna who?

Anyways, after we got home, I found this site while looking for some older pictures of the park, and yes, the best pictures are here. I joined the site, and have read the boards daily ever sense!!!

April of 2004...

I had started out on PKIU (I had actually forgotten about PKIU until Chef mentioned it <g>) and got moved over in the "merger."

Did anyone else participate in other early enthusiast sites? I actually started out on the Prodigy theme park boards back in '93 or '94 (remember Prodigy? <g>), then moved over to rec.roller-coaster for several years (talk about a rough & tumble group! ;) )

Today, I read CoasterBuzz and Jim Hill Media a few times a week and check out Screamscape when I think about it, but this is the only site where I ever actively post. I agree with the comment about this site being one of the nicest...very few forum sites on the internet are as civil and mature as this one *usually* is :)