When did you join KICentral?

Joined August 4th, 2004. I used to post nearly everyday, some older members may still remember me. Now I live 5 hours away instead of 2 so I don't follow KI as closely as I once did. I joined right before the announcement of IJ:ST after hearing rumors of a new coaster going into KI.

Although now I only live 15 minutes from Kennywood I still for some odd reason consider KI as my home park. As a result I still visit these forums once a week or so to see the latest news.

Joined August 4th, 2004. I used to post nearly everyday, some older members may still remember me. Now I live 5 hours away instead of 2 so I don't follow KI as closely as I once did. I joined right before the announcement of IJ:ST after hearing rumors of a new coaster going into KI.

Although now I only live 15 minutes from Kennywood I still for some odd reason consider KI as my home park. As a result I still visit these forums once a week or so to see the latest news.

You must not be too far from Mars! :)

I joined last year. It's been wonderful. For several years after my wife died I was occupied with raising our children, working, etc. and didn't get to the park much. But now that they are a little older (7 and 9), and hit the magic 48 inch mark this year, I am happy to report that they inherited my love of roller coasters and amusement parks. I found this site while I was trying to answer their questions about what KI was like when I was their age. Then I read the forums and joined.....

This is a great site and I'm glad I'm here. My hat is off to those who run it!!! Like many others who have posted in this thread, I like the respect that is shown among the members. I have learned that there are things in life that are truly important and that having fun with your family is one of them. Both the park and this site have aided in that learning. Thanks and best wishes to all..........

September 24th, 2003.

I was a member of PKIU and then joined here.

Intrestingly enough (and not to put anyone down) things here are much more civil than most enthusiast sites.

Mention that you like CF, CP, KI, or even Beast at some sites and you would be amazed at how your opinion is treated. Not only do you have a completely terrible opinion, you should never leave your house to go to a park again because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Kudos to the group here that things never get that bad.

That is so true, tggr! You get tagged as a Cedar Fair fan boy.

i joined oct. 03, i believe i was member 58? and was around for pkiguide, pkiu, the merger and all that jazz.

at first i was posting all the time, but now i only tend to post when i have something valuable (not spam) to add to the conversation, or a question about something.

I joined last year. It's been wonderful. For several years after my wife died I was occupied with raising our children, working, etc. and didn't get to the park much. But now that they are a little older (7 and 9), and hit the magic 48 inch mark this year, I am happy to report that they inherited my love of roller coasters and amusement parks. I found this site while I was trying to answer their questions about what KI was like when I was their age. Then I read the forums and joined.....

This is a great site and I'm glad I'm here. My hat is off to those who run it!!! Like many others who have posted in this thread, I like the respect that is shown among the members. I have learned that there are things in life that are truly important and that having fun with your family is one of them. Both the park and this site have aided in that learning. Thanks and best wishes to all..........

What a great post! And, what a great reminder...that no matter whatever else (and whoever the owner of KI) we're all enthusiasts for the same reason.

I hope you & the kids have a great time at the park this coming season!

That is so true, tggr! You get tagged as a Cedar Fair fan boy.

I was tagged a CF "fanboy" at TPR when I disagreed with a member that was rather critical of how CP does not clean up all the seagull *droppings* on a daily basis in the parking lot.

Apparently to the majority there, this is the cause for the widespread disease that has plagued CP for many years now.

You must not be too far from Mars! :)

Nope, not to far at all. I'm currently attending Pitt so I live in Oakland, but I know a girl from Mars, form what she's told me the place itself is pretty small.

Remember how I mentioned earlier that other sites have a rather intresting way of treating people?

If anyone wants to get a good laugh at how others view KI, check out a certain site that has people buzzing about coasters.

Apparently, CF Gutting KI's atmosphere just like CP with the construction of the rumored 2009 coaster.

Alll I can say is *WOW* how some people can spin things. The whole conversation is rather funny.

I would just post the link, but they have some sensitive materials there that are just not appropriate for KIC.

Nothing bad, just sensitive.

In some ways, I see that reaction as an early indicator of how some will react. Just as some were mightily upset when Invertigo and Big Looping Wooden Coaster could be seen from outside the park, some will be mightily upset with Cedar Fair when/if Big Coaster 2009 (if there is such a thing) interacts greatly with long existing attractions. You can't please everybody all the time, and there are some people who wouldn't be happy unless they were not pleased....

I joined last summer. My oldest girl is 12. We took a trip to KI, and I was pointing things out to her like where the "big" log ride used to be, the building that used to have a boat ride through the smurfs villiage, and before that Hannah barberra land...She said Hanna who?

:lol: I can see where, in the era of "Hannah Montana" you might hear kids asking that question.