When did you join KICentral?

• 2 weeks later...
What's the member number really mean? I'm #911, but I joined in 2002?

When we merged the forums, the member number stayed with you. Since you were member #911 from PKIU, that member number stayed with you. You joined PKIU before PKIC was even created.

• 2 weeks later...
I joined in September 2007 but I lurked for a while (About 7 months)

I joined on my birthday in 2004. The site was never the same.

I haven't seen you around here in a while!

I loved your posts in the "Let's See Your Photoshops" topic!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! beast1979 is a stalker Run AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Just kidding

I joined in September 2007 but I lurked for a while (About 7 months)

I joined on my birthday in 2004. The site was never the same.

I haven't seen you around here in a while!

I loved your posts in the "Let's See Your Photoshops" topic!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! beast1979 is a stalker Run AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Just kidding

What?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

(Thought I already posted in this thread... Apparently not, since 90% of its posts are from before I joined.)

September 2008. That was a couple months after I joined KIExtreme, which, for me, is now a mausoleum of my most embarrassing posts ever. (I used the word "n00b," complete with both zeroes, so, so many times... So embarrassing, haha. I'm sure a couple posts of mine were SH0Xing--right, ahank? :P )

I will say this much for KIC: even though I was never around for PKIU, etc., which many of you seem to consider the glory days of the site, this place has more or less consistently remained one of the best park/coaster fansites around. It's had its rough moments, but it always seems to work out in the end. There aren't unreasonable forum rules, disrespect for the park and its rules, or an epidemic of know-it-all attitudes like several sites I could mention. Trust me, I've shopped around to see what's out there.

(TL;DR: GROUP HUG.)

• Like 8

I joined after visiting the park for the first time in years back in May 2009...although I had checked this site out quite a bit before then, as it was buzzing with news about the then-new Diamondback roller coaster. ;)

Wow, it hath already been 4 years...

• Like 1

My first trip to Kings Island was in 1995 when I was two years old. I went multiple times each year until I was 8, and then we switched to Cedar Point. In 2007 I visited the park for the first time in what seemed like forever. Diamondback was being built the following year and I love watching construction of new rides so I joined in 2008. I didn't think I would stick around after DB was finished, but after many more trips to the park I like it more than I like Cedar Point. This is my number one website, with Pointbuzz close behind.

• Like 1

Wow! Talk about bringing back an old topic from the past, Gabe!

Its hard to believe that this site has been around for so long! And that I have been a staff member for eight years now! I first became a staff member right before WinterFest in 2005 after taking some pictures of the set up for Winterfest in October of 2005. The site has allowed me to build many friendships over the years, and has allowed me many unique and special opportunities at Kings Island over the years!

• Like 2

I joined back in 2010, when I was still just a reader. Since I didn't visit KI between 2003 and 2012 - or any Cedar Fair park between 2008 and 2012 - I never found a reason to post. There would usually be something interesting here to read, though, and I'd end up helping my family with their visits to KI and beyond.

After reading enough about new management at Cedar Fair, I finally decided to see for myself what a decade had done to KI. As my interest grew, I asked a couple questions here and popped into a few threads. (Somehow, the 2-day ticket became a season pass, two days became six, and a few posts became a few hundred. I blame the Customer Service attendant at Kroger who upsold me.)

• Like 6

(Thought I already posted in this thread... Apparently not, since 90% of its posts are from before I joined.)

September 2008. That was a couple months after I joined KIExtreme, which, for me, is now a mausoleum of my most embarrassing posts ever. (I used the word "n00b," complete with both zeroes, so, so many times... So embarrassing, haha. I'm sure a couple posts of mine were SH0Xing--right, ahank? :P )

I will say this much for KIC: even though I was never around for PKIU, etc., which many of you seem to consider the glory days of the site, this place has more or less consistently remained one of the best park/coaster fansites around. It's had its rough moments, but it always seems to work out in the end. There aren't unreasonable forum rules, disrespect for the park and its rules, or an epidemic of know-it-all attitudes like several sites I could mention. Trust me, I've shopped around to see what's out there.

(TL;DR: GROUP HUG.)

Who is "SH0X"? Isn't that some kind of shoe?

• Like 1