When did you join KICentral?

I found the site via Google when I was considering buying my first season pass in May 2010. I lurked until late July of that year, when I finally registered to ask a question (I forget exactly what it was about), the answer to which I needed before a trip to KI with my mother coming up in a few days. Unfortunately, it took nine days for an admin to approve my account so that I could post, by which time it was too late for the question (which had been resolved in a different manner anyway). I stuck around anyway, mostly lurking with occasional posts until that offseason, when I became more active.

• Like 2

My enthusiast side actually did not even show up until KI announced Diamondback. I became very interested and googled many questions, most of which went to this site. Eventually, I started going directly to this site and made an account in July 2010. I posted very infrequently and actually just this week decided to post more frequently. Also, I now find my name very cheesy and untrue(largely because of KI Enthusiast Dude). I am waiting for it to be changed to rcwizard13.

• Like 1

. Also, I now find my name very cheesy and untrue(largely because of KI Enthusiast Dude). I am waiting for it to be changed to rcwizard13.

It's ok, the "KI Enthusiast Dude" hasn't even rode all the coasters at the park. And went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower for the first time since the 90's this past season.

• Like 1

11-10-08

I got into KIExtreme after following DB construction (really just land clearing at that point) for awhile. Then I started liking KIC better and I've been here ever since.

I'm truly grateful for all this community has given me! There are some amazing people on here with a very diverse set of talents and knowledge bases.

Thanks KIC!

• Like 3

At least you don't have an demolished ride in your user name. ;)

... thanks ...

EDIT: oh. Maybe you were talking about yourself :P

His ride was still standing and operating when he joined, so it was not by choice for him.

If you want to get technical, Son of Beast was SBNO when he joined. It reopened for the first time after the 2006 accident five days later.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Like I mentioned before,I had over 20 visits and never seen that dude once,seen alot of other enthusiasts,but not him....hasnt even rode all the coasters??? .....Please

You do know that KI Enthusiast Dude is a fictional character... right? He's an amalgam of different traits common to the sterotypical coaster enthusiast. I've known his wife for years, and just found out at Coasting for Kids last year that her husband plays him. (Oops, should I have put a spoiler alert before this post? :lol: )

I officially joined KIC October 8, 2007. I looked in on PKIU every once in a while back in the day, but never joined because of my position at the park at the time. A few months after I started my current job, I found that I could be on the website between calls, so I joined up.

• 5 months later...