2008 Season Tidbits from Under the Black Hat

BoddaH1994

Some information from under the black hat:

Kings Island will be offering a new service to help keep the kiddies and their parents united. In 2008, Kings Island will offer a program called Kid Track. Parents with small children can visit guest relations (a new and IMPROVED guest relations) upon entering the park, and each child can receive a temporary bracelet with a parent or guardian's cell phone number imprinted on it. Therefore, if a child is lost, Kings Island's security will be able to call the parents and reunite them with their little 'uns.

The path from the Tower to The Beast may be a longer road than you're used to in 2008.

Who would want to go to the Amazon when the Congo is still such a great adventure!

I still don't see how something so sweet can peacefully exist right next to an Italian food place.

If you're On Location with your Stunt Crew eating Ice Cream in the Zone, those places maybe easier to identify than other things this year.

I can't wait to listen to some good old fashion American music while eating Chinese food in a German building on opening day.

In 2008, Line Jumping will still not be a sport at Kings Island.

Boy, I hope those vests don't take up a lot of room with the 42" and under-s.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Holiday World began a similar program either in 2007 or in 2006. It really makes sense. I`ve had to handle my fair share of lost children at Coney. Most of the times, when security gets there, they will ask the kids if their parents have a cell phone and if they know the number to it so they can reunite them.

Some information from under the black hat:

Kings Island will be offering a new service to help keep the kiddies and their parents united. In 2008, Kings Island will offer a program called Kid Track. Parents with small children can visit guest relations (a new and IMPROVED guest relations) upon entering the park, and each child can receive a temporary bracelet with a parent or guardian's cell phone number imprinted on it. Therefore, if a child is lost, Kings Island's security will be able to call the parents and reunite them with their little 'uns.

The path from the Tower to The Beast may be a longer road than you're used to in 2008.

Who would want to go to the Amazon when the Congo is still such a great adventure!

A hint about Six Flags Great Adventure, just who is posting this?

I still don't see how something so sweet can peacefully exist right next to an Italian food place.

I still don't see how no matter how the prices can be so high on anything sweet or Italian.

If you're On Location with your Stunt Crew eating Ice Cream in the Zone, those places maybe easier to identify than other things this year.

I assume our rides will be re-themed heavily like the ones at Carowinds in Dominion then?

I can't wait to listen to some good old fashion American music while eating Chinese food in a German building on opening day.

Yee-haw! Any strip teases or vampires with that American music?

In 2008, Line Jumping will still not be a sport at Kings Island.

What about price gouging?

^ Price gouging?

You may want to clarify that CF is not the only business that can be put into that catagory.

Upon my recent trips:

- $25 for my family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) to see Horton Hears a Who before 6:00pm. Another $24.50 for 3 large drinks, large popcorn and nacho.

- $120 for my same family to enjoy Splash Lagoon (indoor waterpark) in Erie, PA. $5.00 for a locker. $10 for two water guns. $20 for 2 orders of chicken fingers, with drink.

CF is certainly not the minority when it comes to high prices.

^ Price gouging?

You may want to clarify that CF is not the only business that can be put into that catagory.

Upon my recent trips:

- $25 for my family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) to see Horton Hears a Who before 6:00pm. Another $24.50 for 3 large drinks, large popcorn and nacho.

- $120 for my same family to enjoy Splash Lagoon (indoor waterpark) in Erie, PA. $5.00 for a locker. $10 for two water guns. $20 for 2 orders of chicken fingers, with drink.

CF is certainly not the minority when it comes to high prices.

Oh, certainly not, its an industry wide trend, at most, not all, similar venues, such as amusement parks, movie theatres are an entire different ball game and issue. The difference is, a lot of those places have somewhat decent quality and somewhat good service. KI, however, has absolutely awful service. It be one thing to pay those prices, and at least be treated with a smile or a "have a good day," but when you're raising prices and the managers are in the back allowing the employees to blare the rap music so loud that they can't hear my order, then it becomes an issue. Not to mention the selections of food, who knows how long some of that stuff has been sitting out, even most fast food places have higher standards. Like, I said, there should be somewhat fair pricing, at KI you pay high food prices for....garbage, and as the reports have indicated thus far from CWinds and KD, you now get to pay even more for the same garbage. So, I think I'll pass yet again on the prices and selection of food at KI and join the many others in the parking lot picnic grove or down the street, where if I'm paying that much, I'm at least enjoying it.

The Cincinnati Zoo is an example of somewhat reasonable family deals.

I can understand your frustration with customer service at KI.

But again, KI is certainly not the minority when it comes down to shoddy service.

"You get what you pay for", at least when it comes down to having some employees work at minimum wage. Sure not all employees are like this, it's just that those who despise their job show it more to the customer. And it is those few that patrons seem to remember more than anything else. But in the employee's defense, I'm sure they are bit@#$% at all day for prices and for the length of wait which then turns their attitude sour.

Which is exactly why I have complained for many seasons that KI does not have a sit-down restaurant. When I go to CP, my family will eat in our hotel room/ car (subs, sandwichs etc.) for lunches or snacks.. But when we want to eat dinner, we will go to Bay Harbour Inn or TGI Fridays. The employees there realize that part of their job is to make the guest feel "special" which in turn leads to a good tip. I honestly cannot remember anytime that I have been disappointed with either place.

While I think that this is a fantastic idea, I wonder how this will effect "loose items" for rides.

I never realized that high prices and bad services were fine as long as others in the industry and comparable industries did the same. If Cedar Fair wants to thrive, they need to be better than the best...not slightly worse than a bad average.

Besides, there's Disney...who, whether Dick Kinzel likes it or not, IS a competitor.

They do NOT deliver poor quality and bad service for a high price.

Once upon a time, a manager taught me an old maxim. Good, fast and cheap. Pick any two, he said, as doing all three is well nigh impossible. Disney picks good and fast. Cedar Fair food service seems to not pick any of the three. And that simply is not acceptable to many. If they want higher per caps, they need to deliver on at least two of the three: good, fast and cheap. Good and fast would be fine. But bad and slow at exorbitant prices is not a recipe for success in food service.

I never realized that high prices and bad services were fine as long as others in the industry and comparable industries did the same. If Cedar Fair wants to thrive, they need to be better than the best...not slightly worse than a bad average.

Who ever said it was fine to be the same as everyone else? Certainly not me.

I just do not believe that CF should be thrown into a catagory by themselves when there are many others out there just as guilty.

Let's not give out any false impressions.

^ I figured it would be there too. Someone in another topic had mentioned Munchen Tower as a possibility, but that would be too small.

I love the Kid Track idea. My question is will this be combined with the ride height wristbands? That would be preferable instead of the kids wearing two wristbands.

And how can line jumping still not be a sport at Kings Island? I thought that it was going to be an official Olympic event in Beijing this year! :lol:

How would the walk to The Beast be longer this year?

I'd venture to say the construction will have the area between the Back Street Stunt Coaster <G> closed.

Back Street Stunt Coaster????? Try Backlot.

I love all the riddles. It's really entertaining trying to sort them all out.

Well acording to stuff at KI you get lets see what, rollercoasters, music, great food, u apy ME AND THE OTHER WORKERS, safe place to play, three typs of parks(KIDS-TEENS) (TEENS-ADULTS) (WATER), sure for a 4.95 a hamburger, but at Mcdonadles you get what? a happy meal?

If his screen name is true, this guy has ALL the answers.

Well acording to stuff at KI you get lets see what, rollercoasters, music, great food, u apy ME AND THE OTHER WORKERS, safe place to play, three typs of parks(KIDS-TEENS) (TEENS-ADULTS) (WATER), sure for a 4.95 a hamburger, but at Mcdonadles you get what? a happy meal?

Good Food! WOW! Are you sure what you just said? Maybe I read it wroung.

EDIT: SHOOT! Two people beat me to it.