Gold Pass perks

PKIVortex

GOLD PASS BOOMERANG BAY EARLY ACCESS

Boomerang Bay opens May 24!

Another Gold Pass Exclusive

Early entry allows you to get to Boomerang Bay early and grab lounge chairs, sun spots, etc. before the water attractions open.

GOLD PASS Halloween Haunt ADMISSION

Fridays and Saturdays starting September 26!

Free admission for Gold Passholders to the biggest, baddest and just plain scariest Halloween event in the Midwest.

GOLD PASS DISCOUNTS

Throughout the Season

Special discount offers, including Bring a Friend discounts and savings on food, merchandise and games.

GOLD PASS DOUBLE RIDE TUESDAYS

On Tuesdays Throughout the Season

Enjoy two consecutive rides on the Fairly Odd Coaster, Rugrats Runaway Reptar, Invertigo and The Beast on Double Ride Days.

GOLD PASS EARLY RIDE TIMES

All Season Long

Opportunity to ride major attractions in different themed areas of the park on select days before the park opens to the general public.

GOLD PASS FREE PARKING

All Season Long

Gold Passholders enjoy free season-long parking at Kings Island during 2008 public operating days.

GOLD PASS MEAL DEALS

Throughout the Season

Each month, Gold Passholders receive special meal deals at specific restaurants throughout the park.

GOLD PASS PRIORITY CONCERT SEATING

Any Timberwolf Concert during the Season

A reserved block of seats are held for Gold Passholders for two weeks after the on sale date for concerts at Timberwolf Amphitheatre.

GOLD PASS RESERVED PARKING AREA

All Season Long

Gold Passholders are permitted to park in an exclusive area of the parking lot that is close and convenient to the Front Gate.

*A season long parking pass must be purchased or $10 parking fee must be paid in order to park in the Gold Pass Parking Area.

GOLD PASS SPEED LANE

Throughout the Season

Speed past the lines on some of the park’s most popular rides with Gold Pass Speed Lane tickets on select days.

If you buy your platinum pass from Kings Island, its considered a gold pass. Same for all the other Cedar Fair parks. You get the perks at the park that you purchase the pass from.

According to what we were told at ACE Winter SOAR, you get all gold pass perks at all CF parks.

My understanding is that the ACE walkback is no longer reserved exclusively for ACE members. Instead you must be a current card carrying member of any official coaster club. (No, KIC is not a card carrying coaster club). In the past, the ACE walkback has occurred any day the park is open to the general public.

If you buy your platinum pass from Kings Island, its considered a gold pass. Same for all the other Cedar Fair parks. You get the perks at the park that you purchase the pass from.

According to what we were told at ACE Winter SOAR, you get all gold pass perks at all CF parks.

I thought it was only the free parking that applied for all parks. Thanks for correcting me on that.

I thought it was only the free parking that applied for all parks. Thanks for correcting me on that.

According to Tony Clark from Cedar Point, all gold pass perks apply at all parks. He promised a PDF was in the works to tell you all of the perks at all parks so that you can look and see what you get. I have yet to see it so far, but it should be coming.

Well its officially, official, the pdf has been posted on cedarpoint.com. We are all getting Platnum Benifits at all parks, also KI's perks have been adjusted, apperently there will be some sort of 30 early entry to the normal park, but no specifics on this just yet. Heres the link to the pdf:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_upload/pdf/Plat...ss_Benefits.pdf

Yes the wording for HH is strange...I bought my regular season pass last fall. I sent them an email and have yet to get a reply asking them about that. So does anyone know for sure who can and cannot get into HH this fall pass wise?

In KI's defense, you ain't never seen an opening day season pass line (or how sloooow it can be), until you've tried processing on opening day at Cedar Point or Six Flags Great Adventure...the former has all of about three processing lines, the latter has sixty zillion season pass people all of whom seem to get their pass and process on opening day.

It feels good to be back. Hopefully no one missed me too much.

Does anyone know how processing is at KI on the times they have before the park opens? I was going to try that this year because last year when I went on the second weekend, I waited longer for my pass than any ride.

But back to the main subject of the thread, when does anyone think they'll release the specifics about the Gold Pass Perks? I thought last year right when they announced the Perks they also included like the meal discount for each month and the early ride times for each day.

Ok, here is somewhat of a tip but I am not totally sure if it still works this way or not. If you read the wording on the season passes that you print out online, I believe you are entitled to one entry on that printed out pass. After that, you must get your pass processed. So if you're going opening day you MAY be able to just use your printed out pass BUT DON'T LOSE IT! Then, you can get your pass processed on your second trip.

Take a look at the printed pass. They used to say right on them that they were good for one entry to the park but after that they would be invalid so you would have to get your pass processed on your second trip. I would consider trying it.

Ok, here is somewhat of a tip but I am not totally sure if it still works this way or not. If you read the wording on the season passes that you print out online, I believe you are entitled to one entry on that printed out pass. After that, you must get your pass processed. So if you're going opening day you MAY be able to just use your printed out pass BUT DON'T LOSE IT! Then, you can get your pass processed on your second trip.

Take a look at the printed pass. They used to say right on them that they were good for one entry to the park but after that they would be invalid so you would have to get your pass processed on your second trip. I would consider trying it.

I'm NOT SURE about this, but I think I remember last year that you HAD to have your pass processed the same day that you used your e-ticket to get into the park.

I like the 30 minute early ride times!! It doesn't specify if this is every day, or only certain days.

Also check out the late ride times at Cedar Point, I would love to be there to ride the Maverick! Too bad it's on a Wednesday though. If I have enough PTO I might have to just get up there for that.

I'm NOT SURE about this, but I think I remember last year that you HAD to have your pass processed the same day that you used your e-ticket to get into the park.

I don't know about that, it sounds suspicious...and remember this is coming from a former admissions employee. But, I don't know for sure. If there is a reason that the plan wouldn't work, that's probably not it.

I don't know about that, it sounds suspicious...and remember this is coming from a former admissions employee. But, I don't know for sure. If there is a reason that the plan wouldn't work, that's probably not it.

Actually that's what I did last year and I think I HAD to get my pass processed the day I used my e-ticket. I don't really see it as that big of a problem though.

Does anyone know how processing is at KI on the times they have before the park opens? I was going to try that this year because last year when I went on the second weekend, I waited longer for my pass than any ride

Definitely go on these days that they have processing before the park opens. This is a great time to get it done with little or no wait. So many people don't know about this, that what makes it great. The longest line I ever remember seeing was 20 minutes, and that was on the day before the park opened. Most times you can typically go right up to the processing station.

Unless things have changed in the last few years, you always had to have your pass processed before entering the park, even e-passes. The only exception were the years when processing was inside Paramount Theater, or when the processing line is deemed too long by management, they will direct people to enter the turnstiles with their unprocessed passes. The turnstile associates are (or were and should be) advised of when this exception is made. Any other time the turnstile associate is supposed to direct the guest to the processing building.

I have been trying to make sense of these 2 parts of the post:

GOLD PASS FREE PARKING

All Season Long

Gold Passholders enjoy free season-long parking at Kings Island during 2008 public operating days.

Then there is this near the bottom of the post:

GOLD PASS RESERVED PARKING AREA

All Season Long

Gold Passholders are permitted to park in an exclusive area of the parking lot that is close and convenient to the Front Gate.

*A season long parking pass must be purchased or $10 parking fee must be paid in order to park in the Gold Pass Parking Area.

Are there 2 different Gold Pass parking lots this year...or is it that a Gold Pass gets you free parking but NOT in the Gold Pass parking area unless you pay extra?

(I could not find were the asterisk was in the post.)