CONEY ISLAND: RELIVE THE MAGIC

coneyrat

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of CONEY ISLAND: RELIVE THE MAGIC ?

I've tried PBS, CET, the Library and I've searched all over on the net but so far I've had no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

coneyrat

Yes, "Relive the Magic" is a PBS produced special that was made back in the 80's. I do remember seeing several channel 12 personalities.

Before posting my original message, I contacted PBS and they referred me to CET. CET is aware of the special but they say that they are not licensed to distribute.

Media outlets like Amazon do not carry the special, same goes for the local library.

I plan on checking out what Coney Island has for sale in their local shop.

I did recently purchase "GREETINGS FROM CONEY ISLAND, CINCINNATI" and I have to say that it is worth checking out if you haven't seen it. It's got tons of old footage and it covers the major changes in the park over the years. I'm not sure if it's available locally but I do know it can be purchased from the address below

http://members.aol.com/taymed/catalog.htm

TYP Distributors

1218 East Main Street

New Albany, IN 47150

coneyrat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It has been a while since anyone has posted on Relive the Magic?

I have also struck out. Does anyone have it?

pilotank

I began searching for this video back in 1999 and occasionally ask about it when I meet up with old friends from the park. Tom Rhein who now oversees most of Riverbends operations is the person to ask. He advised me to contact PBS in 2000, yet I yielded similar results to those of you who have searched for this documentary. The Tim Young video is an excellent alternative. I own both the vhs and dvd formats of this film. The dvd offers additional fortage from the modern Coney era as well as additional commentaries from Vic Nolting - the parks general manager.

~Josh

It has been a while since anyone has posted on Relive the Magic?

I have also struck out. Does anyone have it?

pilotank

I began searching for this video back in 1999 and occasionally ask about it when I meet up with old friends from the park. Tom Rhein who now oversees most of Riverbends operations is the person to ask. He advised me to contact PBS in 2000, yet I yielded similar results to those of you who have searched for this documentary. The Tim Young video is an excellent alternative. I own both the vhs and dvd formats of this film. The dvd offers additional fortage from the modern Coney era as well as additional commentaries from Vic Nolting - the parks general manager.

~Josh

Thanks, I'll give him a shout. It seems to be in big demand.

pilotank