Kings Islands Entertainment Lineup for 2008

Dane

Kings Island presents a world of entertainment in 2008. The park’s high-energy entertainment is something you have to see and experience. From incredibly cool ice skating and non-stop island rhythms to Dora’s Sing-A-Long Adventure, Kings Island’s 2008 entertainment package is nothing less than spectacular.

Brand new and returning stage productions for the park’s 2008 season include:

Endless Summer on Ice (Kings Island Theater) – Come join us as we celebrate Summer Fun – visiting the beach, celebrating Independence Day, camping and more! This amazing ice-skating display is fun for all ages! Show runs June 7 through August 17.

-NEW- Flashback: Totally 80’s! (International Showplace Theater) – Get into the groove and travel back to the days when it was hip to be square! Our singers and dancers pay tribute to leg warmers, mullets, Rubik’s Cube and the songs that defined a decade in this all-new music revue! Show runs June 21 through September 1 and September 6-14.

-NEW- The County Line (Festhaus) – Our all-new country review features the songs of Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts and all of your favorite country stars! As American as apple pie, this country’s rockin’ down at “The County Line.” Show runs April 20 through September 21.

-NEW- Girl’s Night Out (Festhaus) – Sit back, relax and let the girls tell you like it is. These girls are ready to party in this fun-filled, boot tappin’ celebration of American women and music. Show runs June 7 through September 1.

Hot Island Rhythms (International Bandstand Theatre) – Your chart topping favorites are back in this fast paced celebration of hot hits and summer! Show runs May 24 through June 6, June 21 through September 1 and September 20-21.

Dora’s Sing-A-Long Adventure (Nickelodeon Theatre) – Explore with Dora and Boots on a musical adventure for the entire family. Show runs April 20 through September 21.

In addition to the six main stage shows, located at the Front Gate throughout the day and occasionally wandering through the park are your favorite Nickelodeon characters. Have your camera ready to snap a photo of your favorite pals from Nickelodeon TV shows and movies. Meet and greet opportunity daily at 5:00pm at International Street Bandstand.

Kings Island opens for weekend operation on Sunday, April 20. Daily operation begins Friday, May 23. Boomerang Bay opens Saturday, May 24. For more information about Kings Island, guests can call the park at (800) 288-0808 or visit www.visitkingsisland.com.

Season passes are on sale now by calling (800) 952-PASS (7277) or online at www.visitkingsisland.com. Discounted park tickets can be purchased in advance by calling (800) 288-0808 or online at www.visitkingsisland.com

I think I was the one that called the return of Endless Summer... score one more for hauntguy! .... ugh... I have no "life", HAHAHA!!! I'm so glad to see these shows coming and coming back; it's about time the ENT. Dept. get to flex their muscles! I can't wait! -Hauntguy

It does seem like we will have a GREAT year with entertainment. I'm glad that the skating show is coming back. Last year my friend Mary Oyaya (Jedi Master Luminara Unduli from STAR WARS Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith) went to Kings Island with me.

marycharleskingsisland3xf6.jpg

marycharleskingsisland4ol7.jpg

marycharleskingsisland2ag3.jpg

This is what she looks like in costume:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...duli/index.html

She was really impresed with the skating show and wanted to meet the skaters, but was turned down because she didn't give enough notice.

Looking back now, I am wondering why she didn't use a Jedi mind trick on the skaters' handlers. :lol:

May the Force Be with You,

Italian Chef

• 3 weeks later...
Only interested in the ice show.

The line from a Hank Williams Jr song comes to mind, "You're the only one that you are screwin' when you put down what you don't understand." Ok... maybe that's a little extreme. :rolleyes:

Endless Summer on Ice will certainly be the highlight of the entertainment lineup this year until something dead is awoken again in the post season. Just give the other shows a chance. They have a great great great entertainment lineup this year, coming from an even better entertainment department.

Cedar Fair has done a phenomenal job in bringing back the entertainment to Kings Island so quickly. I do wish they did offer some spontaneous type of roving entertainment but maybe someday they will come through.

I did notice that “The Country Line” will be playing on the first day of operation this Sunday at the Festhaus, I think that would be a great place for a group meet up. But we would need to be able to get the show times so it could be planned ahead of time.