Private Event

Beast1979

They don't list the company holding the event because it is a just that, a private event. A company paid to rent out the park for its employees that day. That company and its employees know about the event, and there is no reason for them to post on the Kings Island site who rented the park. It doesn't matter if you're an ACE member or not.

Park sellout days are somewhat rare, but when they do happen, they're noted on the park schedule. As stated above, a company purchased the park for the day, so it is not open to regular admission or season passholders. Coaster groups, including ACE, will never have special access to these days unless they specifically bought out the day.

Which, I`m assuming costs a lot of money. More money then most coaster groups would be willing to pay for an event at the park, regardless of how short the lines would be. Look at Coastermania at Cedar Point. That event is open to ALL coaster clubs. And if the park were to be open exclusively just for coaster clubs, the crowds would be very light. As has been mentioned before, coaster enthusiasts that belong to coaster clubs are the rare minority when it comes to park visitors.

There are some people that consider them selves enthusiasts, who do not belong to coaster clubs. Some, just enjoy visiting their local parks often, and occasionally hitting a new park every once in a while. They are not as obsessed with roller coasters and amusement parks as what most people who visit coaster related sites are. Remember, amusement parks are a business, and they will cater to what best suits the needs of the largest target market, which coaster enthusiasts are, for the most part, not the main target market.

I am a former ACE member. I was a member of ACE for seven years. I did not renew my membership this year. Several factors played into my decision not to renew. The primary one was cost. ACE has high membership dues, and I only usually attended the fall event at KI, which did not happen last year. Additionally, I did not partake in the ACE walkback last year. In part that was because that perk is not as valuable any more since the gold pass and early ride times came about. And the final straw in the hat for my decision not to renew my ACE membership was that by the time you got the publications, the news was already several weeks or months out of date.

P&G used to, at one point in time, only buy out Saturday. Then for a few years, they actually opened the park on Friday night from 5-10. But for about the last six or seven years, it has been Saturday and Sunday in September that P&G has rented out the park.

Who is the Private Event on the 19th open to? I am an ACE member and it doesn't say anything about it, and neither does the Kings Island site, so I'm at a loss. ;)

Thanks.

I believe that it is only open to employees and their families. From what I am hearing, it is a pretty rigorous process just to get our tickets to get in the park on the 19th, so I highly doubt they will be letting anyone in not associated with the company that bought out the park.

p&g days are late season. they are easy to get tix for those days. go to park and comb the lot asking for extras. that may work for employee day the 19th. the reason why people want to go is because there will be no waits for anything. put me down for a tix. ill even pay good money for a few. i live for corp days. no crowds and sometimes free tickets. they usually give away their extras because they didnt pay for them in the first place. see you on the 19th. ill be there.