The Crypt

kjkjkj

In another topic, some members were saying that The Crypt aka Tomb Raider, will be totally different from last year. I figured they would just remove the least amount of theming as possible, then leave the rest in the ride. Will It still be the same exact ride? (Giant Topspin?) Will it have a new prgram? Will any new theming be attempted? and will it even come close to what TRTR was when it opened? Post your speculation, and info about THE CRYPT.

Well, after looking at pictures of Kings Dominions opening Day pictures, their Tomb Raider Still had a "Monkey statue". So will these stay on our Tomb Raider even though they are movie references?

It wouldnt matter if they removed more seats to increase spins, that is dependent on the program.

And most likely, there will be no preshow, and the program CAN stay the same, the soundtrack has to be edited to remove the spoken word of Angelina Jolie and her father (forget the actor's name sorry.)

As for the monkey statues, those can be played out as not part of the Tomb Raider experience. Its not something that would not be found outside that realm.

It wouldnt matter if they removed more seats to increase spins, that is dependent on the program.

And most likely, there will be no preshow, and the program CAN stay the same, the soundtrack has to be edited to remove the spoken word of Angelina Jolie and her father (forget the actor's name sorry.)

As for the monkey statues, those can be played out as not part of the Tomb Raider experience. Its not something that would not be found outside that realm.

Oh really? Do you actually know any of those things for a fact? The monkey statues are "charecters" featured in the movie/games and I am pretty sure would need to go. Also, unless you have some source you'd like to credit, who are you to say what their plans are for pre-shows, programs etc. ?

Just cause they are featured in the movie/games does not mean they can not use those. Those are not exclusive to Paramount. I am pretty sure of this.

What do monkeys have to do with Fire Vs Ice <_<

^ I think he was talking about the gondola being lighter so the program COULD flip it more.

I wonder if the picture booth will be working again. It's been awhile.

does it still have a photo booth?

I think, I'm not sure if any of the equipment exists any more though.

I am looking forward to riding the Crypt this year. I enjoyed the ride the first time that I rode it opening year. I do think that the novelty wears off a bit after riding so many times, but I still rode it everytime that I went to KI (except, of course when I went to Halloween Haunt and it was down for the season). I liked riding it with first time riders to see their expressions and reactions to the ride. Looking forward to the new program, if there is one.

I liked riding it with first time riders to see their expressions and reactions to the ride.

I always liked it when first timers asked me what exactly the ride did when I was checking bars. I remember two girls asking me and I calmly said "Well, it doesn't do much. You pretty much stay here, we shine a couple lights at you, maybe splash a 'lil water here and there, and play really cool music in the background. It's quite relaxing," while riders who already knew what the ride did laughed in the background. Quite a reaction when the ride homed and I went back on the ride to see what they thought... "OMG, that was insane! I hate you for that! But I loved it.. I wanna ride it again!" Priceless.

On the other hand, I'm entirely too ready to see what they've done with the place. Maybe they'll keep up with the theming this year.. or let it go to be another Disaster Transport, as I'm told that rides theming has gone downhill as well.

If they are doing a complete "retheme" then they would have had plenty of time when the ride was down, to take out all the existing theming. Remember all the parts laying out by the doors, that you could see while on The Beast last season?... hmmmmm...