The Crypt

kjkjkj

Exactly right anything resembling tomb raider will probably not be there unless Cedar Fair were given rights to it

But if they were given rights to it then they wouldn't have to change the ride. Which they are currently doing, which tells me that they probably don't have the rights.

I kind of like the statue, but maybe that's because it's so well themed to the ride. ...Not anymore. <_<

On the other hand, I'm entirely too ready to see what they've done with the place. Maybe they'll keep up with the theming this year.. or let it go to be another Disaster Transport, as I'm told that rides theming has gone downhill as well.

if it becomes another disaster transport i hope they at least play music in the background so the echo of peoples screams isn't as noticable :wacko:

I still ride Crypt every time we go too. I rode it opening day and I remember my brother and I kept wondering what the eff the ride was going to be like. Then we walked in there and.....yep....amazing! I still think it's a fun ride but new ride programming would be great..just a little variety!

I don't really care that the pre-show and everything is being taken out. That hasn't been the same since they decided not to turn the lights completely out because some people were too scaaaaared ;)

I loved when they still did that.....it was fun to know that I knew it was coming and some people didn't. That was one of the best parts about waiting in line for that ride! LOL!

I hope it's open on Sunday.....I can't wait to ride!

~Ash

it'd be nice if the geisers worked this year.

haha i have never had the pleasure of being shot by those while riding.

I did. Closing day of the first season it was open. It was around 45 degrees outside and I had to walk around with a wet shirt for the rest of the day. :lol:

When the ride first opened the geysers on that ride actually did get riders wet, a very cold media and season pass preview day changed that for good.

Haha I was there that day! But we rode in the back row on the ride and didn't get wet. It was rather cold that day I had to buy a sweatshirt in one of the giftshops. I tried riding SoB w/o it and that was a mistake!

When the ride first opened the geysers on that ride actually did get riders wet, a very cold media and season pass preview day changed that for good.

I do remember now how cold it was that opening day! I wonder how many people got sick from that day...lol ;)

I got sick but it wasn't because of water. It was the combination of being in the cold that day then the very next day getting on a plane and flying back to Florida. I was very fortunate that year. I got to buy a season pass because my mom lived in Indiana while I lived in Florida so during the summer we went 15 times. The season pass day was the best all year though despite the cold!

Yes indeed, it was very cold. I was not one of the ones who got sick, but did get wet.

Wasn't it a little boy who had towls all wrapped around him?

and I remember when I first rode it, the drums were soo loud and you could see water drip on the gates and seats in front of you. The fog was working and the whole recorder voice was going! pictureing takeing! lava shooting up. Too bad half that stuff didn't last for long.

Yes indeed, it was very cold. I was not one of the ones who got sick, but did get wet.

and I remember when I first rode it, the drums were soo loud and you could see water drip on the gates and seats in front of you. The fog was working and the whole recorder voice was going! pictureing takeing! lava shooting up. Too bad half that stuff didn't last for long.

Oh yeah.....that was awesome walking in on opening day and seeing all of that fog. You could barely tell what the ride was! Yeah it didn't last for long but at least we got to experience it at least once...

They didnt even mention the crypt. Why not?!?! is it gonna be open on time, any thoughts?

The Crypt will not be open Saturday for the private event and is questionable Sunday for opening day. The ride is doing very well, but due to some modifications and repairs, they're a little pressed for time in things such as training.

Whenever it opens, that'll be one to check out... trust me.

This is kind of depressing, it was the ride I was looking forward to the most.

That little boy was the son of a Paramount Parks exec. The poor kid's teeth were chattering, and they carried him to the parking lot wrapped in a blanket. The kid was totally and completely soaked, and he was not happy (nor was his dad).

• Like 1

Im pretty pumped up about The Crypt. Especially after what BoddaH1994 said. Hopefully it confirms my thought of them adding some new themed items inside. If they did, heck thats like a new ride in itself right there ;)

Im pretty pumped up about The Crypt. Especially after what BoddaH1994 said. Hopefully it confirms my thought of them adding some new themed items inside. If they did, heck thats like a new ride in itself right there ;)

Take this as an official "de-confirming" of your thoughts, however I would still be excited for other reasons.

Take this as an official "de-confirming" of your thoughts, however I would still be excited for other reasons.

New Decals!

<G>

Sorry Boddah, I had to. <G>

New Decals!

<G>

Sorry Boddah, I had to. <G>

Decals, my butt! Try a full fledged new sign!

No really, ride it.

Anything else from the park whether or not it will be running on Sunday? You would have thought they would have had plenty of time to make any changes on it, and train people, since it was closed almost all of last year!

Anything else from the park whether or not it will be running on Sunday? You would have thought they would have had plenty of time to make any changes on it, and train people, since it was closed almost all of last year!

That will be surprise for all of us. Right now it's still up in the air, but barring outside circumstances, it's definitely scheduled to be open next weekend.