The Crypt

kjkjkj

Yes indeed, it was very cold. I was not one of the ones who got sick, but did get wet.

I got sick that day from ridding The Racer in the cold. I was in line with a big shot from Nick. He was working on a TV show called Sponge Bob. I have pictures of it on my computer some where.

The Crypt was in fact open today! I waited about forty five minutes to ride it. The new program is a LOT more intense then the old one. But it is also, in my opinion, a lot more fun then the old program. I debated riding it a second time, but didn`t want to wait, as the line had grown much longer.

The ride will flip you upside down about nine or ten times. It was hard to tell exactly, because the ride room is not lit very brightly. But you do perform several "topspins". After my ride, The Crypt went down for about thirty minutes but was open later in the afternoon.

The Crypt was in fact open today! I waited about forty five minutes to ride it. The new program is a LOT more intense then the old one. But it is also, in my opinion, a lot more fun then the old program. I debated riding it a second time, but didn`t want to wait, as the line had grown much longer.

The ride will flip you upside down about nine or ten times. It was hard to tell exactly, because the ride room is not lit very brightly. But you do perform several "topspins". After my ride, The Crypt went down for about thirty minutes but was open later in the afternoon.

The new program flips you about 6 or 7 times. Tomb Raider flipped you 5 times, the difference is that this new program gives flipping a new name. Also, this ride is flipping awesome! It is basically what you would expect from any other top spin only your inside and moving a lot faster than other top spins since this is a giant version.

Also, those demons is pre-show... creepy!

^ Yeah, this is one of my favorites and I was highly upset with it's condition during last season. It was rough and jerky and the effects were not working at all. THere was no music, and no water. It was insane. I haven't got to make it down yet and should be going in May but I was just wondering how she was.

Amazing that no one has mentioned what they did to the ride platform. They have reduced it from 3 rows to 2, which is only going to help with the performance of the ride. Past that I love the new program. It is much better and faster than what we had before.

Amazing that no one has mentioned what they did to the ride platform. They have reduced it from 3 rows to 2, which is only going to help with the performance of the ride. Past that I love the new program. It is much better and faster than what we had before.

Really? I beleive I guessed that in an earlier post a while back! lol. So could you please explain in detail what EXACTLY the ride is like now? What theiming is still there, what the program does, special effects! anything?!

It is going to be hard for anyone to explain what it is like from start to finish. First off, it is inside so we cant study the new program. Give people a couple of rides on it, after a few rides we might memorize the program but at this time I do not remember.

I would first recommend everyone to view the photos Ryan Uploaded today...

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails...astup&cat=0

The ride area has had the Durga Goddess and the ice field removed . There is nothing really to the ride area. The drum music is now gone and has now been replaced by techno like music. Most of the ride is in the dark however some lights are on.

BUT IS IT SMOOTHER?

Please don't yell.

It is a much more comfortable ride experience.

As for people wondering what the program is like, Think of it like Firefall. Has the same stunts for would expect from any other top spin.

I wasn't yelling.

But, now the ride is even more un-rivertown. And the fact that the ride has no story now kinda makes me mad. At least pick music that matches the theming.

You don't need a story in order to have a great ride. And as bad as you might think techno music is to this ride, it really is not all that bad.

Cedar Fair did a wonderful job with the work on our Top Spin!

-I did not hear any music in the cave or outside the ride.

Well, I just got a suprise! My cousin just asked me if I wanted to go to Kings Island with them tomorrow! So I can't wait to see for myself! I'm not too upset about the theming, nothing hardly worked anyways! So what about the geysers, and the "lava pit"? so do they shoot up water better this year, or it all, or hold you upside down?

I got to go to the park today. After 2 hours of waiting and breakdowns, I experienced the Crypt.

I can honestly say this is our "New for 2008" attraction. It's a totally different ride, there's new theming, and a new pre show.

100x better than last year. Experience THE Crypt in 2008!!!!

-KI Man

So whats the new preshow (The Bat creature) like? Is it cheezy? Also, do you think this version of the ride is as good as TRTR in it's early years? So is there any fog or anything now?

Tomb Raider was a completely unique experience when it opened. Because this is so different from when it opened I would treat this as almost a new ride.

The ride is not as themed as when the ride first opened, but the ride experience with its new program is much more thrilling than it has ever been!

Hey, Ryan! Were you stuck in Crypt for 2 hours like I was?! I was there between 4:20 and 6:30 and I saw very few flashes of a camera at The Bat.

Henry, I agree. Everything is great until you reach the ride. Now, I liked this PROGRAM better; but I liked Tomb Raider much better. It didn't feel like a giant garage.