The Crypt

kjkjkj

As I have said before, please don't run in the park. It's a safety hazard, it annoys other guests and it is not in accordance with park rules (the no-running rule, like the no-smoking except in designated areas policy) seems to be barely enforced at all at Kings Island. Is it going to take a serious injury to cause it to be?

lol guess so. they should put all that change in a jar and use it to buy new props for to theme the ride with...

It'll go to the ride ops and maintenance lunch/vending machine fund....

Really? In the past, found and unclaimed money, including in the fountains, went into an employee scholarship fund. And at Cedar Point, it goes to charity.

What DOES happen to found money which is not claimed at Kings Island?

As I have said before, please don't run in the park. It's a safety hazard, it annoys other guests and it is not in accordance with park rules (the no-running rule, like the no-smoking except in designated areas policy) seems to be barely enforced at all at Kings Island. Is it going to take a serious injury to cause it to be?

And don't run in the mall! Me and gnarkiller got kicked out of the mall for that.

So is ALL the theming gone from inside the drum?

You can still see the 'goddess' or whatever. On the right and left are like...vines/pre existing theming? Otherwise, it's just a few lights and concrete floor.

lol oh that sucks..the last ride of fof yesterday night broke down right before i got on it lol..so we stood there for 30 min AND ALL THEY DID WAS PUSH THE TRAIN UP ABOUT 6 IN and it worked lol..go figure.it was wierd leaving after getting off the ride and seeing no one else in the park lol

I wonder if anything else has been changed since last weekend, other than the music? So how does everyone like the new program for it? The only topspin I have ever been on was TRTR, and when I went on the Crypt last weekend, I was amazed! Even though I only got to ride half a cycle, it wasn't like anything I experienced on TRTR. It was fast, got started right away, and flipped ALOT. It's like a brand new ride! I reccomend that anyone who hasn't ridden since it was TR, to try it again, it is amazing!

So is the ride chamber rethemed? or is it just like pitch black now or what?

Its just pitch black with rock music and lights.

how is it pitch black if there are lights? :P

Also, I heard if anyone gets to go ride it this weekend you'll find that the techno music has been replaced with new music.

It's like a brand new ride! I reccomend that anyone who hasn't ridden since it was TR, to try it again, it is amaziing!

Agreed, anyone here who was upset that there was no new ride this year... this IS your new ride!

Um, okay. And here I thought my new ride opened next week in New Jersey...

Has anyone noticed that the back row is a far more intense ride than the front? I rode it for the first time last Saturday in the back row and thought it was amazing. Then I rode it in the front row yesterday and thought they had dumbed down the program only to be blown away twice in the back row laster that day.

Also, I heard if anyone gets to go ride it this weekend you'll find that the techno music has been replaced with new music.

Yeah when i rode it yesterday I was expecting the techno that everyone had been talking about, but when we got on it was some eerie sounding sound effects. I was bummed cause I really wanted to experience the ride with techno playing in the background lol. Guess I'll have to bring my iPod somtime. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't ride it my last trip but my brother did and said it sucked and totally wasn't worth the hour wait he waited for it. Said all it is now is a giant topspin in a pitch black room. Way to go Cedar Fair with your 10 minute retheming job. Should of just gone to Eidos Interactive and got the rights for tomb raider!

If they had, they wouldn't have gotten the rights to use it in the park. The company you mentioned is a licensee of the rights owner, not the rights owner. They only have the rights to themselves use it for video games...not to license others to use it in other applications.