The Crypt

kjkjkj

^No they've been "broken" for a long time. But it was somewhat part of the detheming process. :rolleyes:

Did they take out the stalagtites?I thought they just had them off.

They weren't working at the end of TRTR and now they're gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not theme is as "The Crypt" of Kings Island?

Utilize past ride names and theming... Screamin' Demon, The Bat, King Cobra, etc. All of whose names evoke terror/excitement. They could throw in a few animatronic props (large hissing king cobra wrapped around one of the original KC train cars).

It'd be a sort of "graveyard of the park" type of scenario.

Why not theme is as "The Crypt" of Kings Island?

Utilize past ride names and theming... Screamin' Demon, The Bat, King Cobra, etc. All of whose names evoke terror/excitement. They could throw in a few animatronic props (large hissing king cobra wrapped around one of the original KC train cars).

It'd be a sort of "graveyard of the park" type of scenario.

That would be Awesome,but I think their going to add more and more theming during this year and heavily theme it in 09.Maybe.

• 2 months later...
Will the Crypt be open the weekend of 10/11? I have never been on it and really want to ride it. I know it will probably suck but i still want to ride it. The last 5 times i have been to KI it has been closed.

Unless it is SBNO (Son of Beast for a year) then it is usually very difficult to predict such things. It was open the last 2 times I went so I doun't see why not now.

• 2 weeks later...
I know it will probably suck but i still want to ride it.

I've been mad at that ride ever since the first year it opened. I rode it on OPENING DAY that year and no one really knew what it was. There were rumors flying everywhere and most thought it was an indoor roller coaster a la FOF.

I waited in line almost 3 hours for it. Biggest waste of 3 hours in my life.

^^Ehhh...giant top spins are cool time killers at parks like Dorney or Great Adventure.

I think the prob with The Crypt is that it's inside!!

The outside one's are much more thrilling (and yes, I am aware that KI's is built to only operate indoors), but realize that with Paramount, theme and family atmosphere over-rode thrills!! (i.e. KI building BLSC and TR:TR while CF was building Hydra's and Patriot's!!)

^^Ehhh...giant top spins are cool time killers at parks like Dorney or Great Adventure.

I think the prob with The Crypt is that it's inside!!

The outside one's are much more thrilling (and yes, I am aware that KI's is built to only operate indoors), but realize that with Paramount, theme and family atmosphere over-rode thrills!! (i.e. KI building BLSC and TR:TR while CF was building Hydra's and Patriot's!!)

I agree that they're cool when outside, and I think it's kinda cool inside too. I'd probably even enjoy the Crypt if I wasn't still mad at it for being such a let down after a 3 hour wait. That ride was totally over-hyped.

While I am honored with the Additions Paramount put in (Flight Deck, Invertigo, Flight of Fear, Crypt) I do agree that there were many other and better things being installed in the coaster world and Paramount's decision making was kinda poor.

Moving On!

Yes but also Paramount did bring us some good stuff... SOB- World's tallest, fastest, only looping wooden coaster (at time.) Drop Zone- World's tallest Gyro Drop Tower. Delirium- Awesome flat that was also a prototype. Slingshot- Ehh... New flat ride! Tomb Raider: The Ride- Prototype, awesome flat! Nickelodeon Universe- Award winning kids area.

While I am honored with the Additions Paramount put in (Flight Deck, Invertigo, Flight of Fear, Crypt) I do agree that there were many other and better things being installed in the coaster world and Paramount's decision making was kinda poor.

Moving On!

Yes but also Paramount did bring us some good stuff... SOB- World's tallest, fastest, only looping wooden coaster (at time.) Drop Zone- World's tallest Gyro Drop Tower. Delirium- Awesome flat that was also a prototype. Slingshot- Ehh... New flat ride! Tomb Raider: The Ride- Prototype, awesome flat! Nickelodeon Universe- Award winning kids area.

Isn't that what I just said?.....

• 2 weeks later...

Moving On!

Technically, wasn't Flight Deck already in the works before Paramount bought the park?

The restraints sucks. and there is that little block under your foot and makes your foot go numb.

It's just not one of my favorites now a days.

Must be cause you're so tall..me being a short **** I fit very well in those restraints. Now Vortex on the other hand.....I usually get beat up on both sides of my head and rarely ride it anymore.