The Crypt

kjkjkj

Well dang i was wanting to ride it this weekend. I guess thats why patience is a virtue.

It is? ;) I'll be keeping all of my fingers (and toes!) crossed that it's open for Sunday.

If not...oh well...I'm just happy to be going! I need my KI fix!

I have only gotten on it once. So I can't remember it clearly, I just want to see it!! what it looks like now, the new scenery maybe it actually works this year to!

[hesitates] Uhh... yeah. All of the scenery and movie props that are in there are 100% functional.

The Crypt will be an exciting new experience, but it won't be exciting for the same reasons it was in 2002.

^As in "no more dual handgun action from Lara Croft" different reason?

Or as in "it'll put a new 'spin' on the term 'head over heels' this season at Kings Island" different reason?

EDIT: hehehe....I got 7-11 posts now. Now to go get me a delicious Slurpee for only a buck!

Well dang i was wanting to ride it this weekend. I guess thats why patience is a virtue.

It is? ;) I'll be keeping all of my fingers (and toes!) crossed that it's open for Sunday.

If not...oh well...I'm just happy to be going! I need my KI fix!

Yep, if it's not open I'll be disappointed.

So any word from the park, on whether or not this will be open tomorrow? The new facade looks great! I just hope that it is still pretty well themed. When KIC staff members got to go to the park the other day, did you get any details on what the ride is like now?,any theming removed, new program, new theming, new effects? anything along those lines?

Anything else from the park whether or not it will be running on Sunday? You would have thought they would have had plenty of time to make any changes on it, and train people, since it was closed almost all of last year!

That will be surprise for all of us. Right now it's still up in the air, but barring outside circumstances, it's definitely scheduled to be open next weekend.

Hopefullt it will, thats when im going!

Thats Awesome! I was hoping, that it might be open today! That way we can sort of expect it to be open Tomorrow! Hopefully when people start posting trip reports tonight, hopefully no one ruins too much of the surprise of what they changed!

As of the time of this writing, it's still up in the air with The Crypt. It wasn't scheduled to be open for the private event on April 19th, so that's not a shock. As I stated in another post, the ride is doing very well, but due to some modifications they didn't have sufficient time to train the crew and they'd rather have safe riders than an open Crypt, if you know what I mean. Keep posted on that. This is going to be something very exciting for this season. I can't wait to hear how you guys react to the... well, just ride it when it opens.

I hope this opens by the time I go in June. I have never been on a Huss Top Spin, and The Crypt would be awesome for a first time, so I hear.

Hopefully they got a new program for this thing... the old program hurt when it holds you there at the end :blink:

OK i am not positive, this is only a rumor, but I 'm pretty sure when I was in line for The Beast, I heard Tomb Raider's motors running, and I know for a fact that I saw employee's leaving the back of the building. They may have been testing and/or training today.

OK i am not positive, this is only a rumor, but I 'm pretty sure when I was in line for The Beast, I heard Tomb Raider's motors running, and I know for a fact that I saw employee's leaving the back of the building. They may have been testing and/or training today.

The reason why it was open today was because they needed more time to train the crew so that's definitely a possibility.

so are you "in the know" or not "in the know"... I get confused by your statements sometimes

When I'm telling you something, speculating, or dropping you hints, I try to make it relatively clear with my statements. All I have to say is that I wouldn't be encouraging everyone to ride it if there weren't something to be excited about.

I hope this opens by the time I go in June. I have never been on a Huss Top Spin, and The Crypt would be awesome for a first time, so I hear.

Barring outside circumstances, The Crypt will certainly be operational by June. It'll be ready soon than later.

I was pretty sure there was going to be a new ride program on it, esp after I saw the removed seats sitting outside the building while I was on beast. But I heard a couple rides guys talking about how they are just changing the themeing but the ride will still do the same thing. Any thoughts?

I'm heading down this coming weekend... should I expect The Crypt to be open?

I am NOT in a position to promise anything, and if you call Kings Island you won't get an official answer out of them either. Simply put, mechanical stuff breaks down and it's very unpredictable. The plan right now is to have The Crypt open, but I can only speak for myself in saying that I make NO guarantees of that.

Not to mention that if you call Kings Island, you might not get accurate information anyway. I have three different friends who called Saturday asking about The Crypt. ALL were told it was running Saturday and was expected to run Sunday. And I doubt they all talked to the same rep, either. The park needs to do a much better job of getting information to the call center people. It was also reported that The Crypt did NOT appear on the closed ride list posted outside the park on Saturday.