The Crypt

kjkjkj

Everything will "eventually" be gone, including us. Not a very daring prediction. The sun will also rise in the east tomorrow, there will be an election in November, and this time next year, the USA will also have a new president. Oh, and that new ride at Kings Island...well......[EDIT: content deleted to comply with forum expectations and requirements].

Well anyway it doesn't matter much, they can loose the tomb raider name, but they could of at least "rethemed" the inside, instead of "hey lets just shut the lights off and speed this thing up!"

I have seen pics of the theming of the Crypt and it is hardly just a black room with a giant top spin in it. Either you're blind or you don't know what theming is. There are even pics in the KIC gallery.

Well anyway it doesn't matter much, they can loose the tomb raider name, but they could of at least "rethemed" the inside, instead of "hey lets just shut the lights off and speed this thing up!"

I have seen pics of the theming of the Crypt and it is hardly just a black room with a giant top spin in it. Either you're blind or you don't know what theming is. There are even pics in the KIC gallery.

I think he is talking about where the ride is not the line up to the ride.

Well I can't really say if the ride sucks or not because I never get to ride it since the name changed it's always closed. <_< And the last couple of times I got on it something didn't seem right. Either the lights or music wasn't on. I miss how it was before when it first opened,

It's not always closed. I rode it yesterday afternoon. As a ride, it is a drastic improvement over its predecessor. I can also see why those who claim the theming is lacking have a point. Still, the ride action itself is far, far superior to anything Tomb Raider: The Ride in Mason ever delivered....

The ride does seem to be quite polarizing. In the group I rode with, some were elated, some were quiet, some vowed never to ride again, and some pointed out they missed Tomb Raider!

It's not always closed. I rode it yesterday afternoon. As a ride, it is a drastic improvement over its predecessor. I can also see why those who claim the theming is lacking have a point. Still, the ride action itself is far, far superior to anything Tomb Raider: The Ride in Mason ever delivered....

The ride does seem to be quite polarizing. In the group I rode with, some were elated, some were quiet, some vowed never to ride again, and some pointed out they missed Tomb Raider!

Well I'm glad to hear it's open.. I can't wait to see how they changed it on the inside :rolleyes:

I know your apprehensions might never be allayed but perhaps the ending has not yet been written...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally rode the ride so I can actually give an opinion now. My opinion:

2 thumbs down

I mean yeah it is a bit more intense and those quick flips are cool, but its over nearly as soon as it starts, and the total lack of special effects is just lame... if they aren't going to use the special effects they might as well put it outside and make it a real topspin. Like I said earlier it doesn't need the tomb raider theme to survive, they can make it just as cool of a ride without it, but it does have to have SOME sort of theme! I really hope this was just a quickfix and they plan to do more with it in the future

I personally love this ride. But, it does need some theme. But, I am sure they will retheme it this off-season. They didn't have much time last off-season with all the new names and construction so they should be able to retheme some of the rides and make them a lot better. I think it could make a cool space themed ride about being blown through a black hole. Like when it pulls you up to the wall and you sit there for a few seconds before spinning out of control it shows a huge blackhole heading your way and then you flip over and over going through the black hole.

Well I finally rode the ride so I can actually give an opinion now. My opinion:

2 thumbs down

I mean yeah it is a bit more intense and those quick flips are cool, but its over nearly as soon as it starts, and the total lack of special effects is just lame... if they aren't going to use the special effects they might as well put it outside and make it a real topspin. Like I said earlier it doesn't need the tomb raider theme to survive, they can make it just as cool of a ride without it, but it does have to have SOME sort of theme! I really hope this was just a quickfix and they plan to do more with it in the future

I'll give it one thumb up. I love the ride program but the lack of theming really disappoints me. The Crypt can't be successful on the ride alone. It really relies on heavy theming. Really, what's the story to why I'm spinning around in a garage? Oh right, I got in line to ride a ride at a theme park. Perhaps we should actually make guests feel that they are actually in a mysterious crypt.

Running with what Ryan said, I think we definitely could see this ride well themed in the future. I hear a hint. I would imagine that the hypercoaster won't be the only thing new in Rivertown in 2009.

I was thinking. What if the new theming for this ride is just temporary. If you think about it, all the theming thats been added could easily be used for HH. What if they change it to fit more into Rivertown next season? Maybe make it a mine or something. I doubt it will happen, but you never know...

Also they could recycle the Crypt sign, and use it as a HH attraction!!

I personally love this ride. But, it does need some theme. But, I am sure they will retheme it this off-season. They didn't have much time last off-season with all the new names and construction so they should be able to retheme some of the rides and make them a lot better. I think it could make a cool space themed ride about being blown through a black hole. Like when it pulls you up to the wall and you sit there for a few seconds before spinning out of control it shows a huge blackhole heading your way and then you flip over and over going through the black hole.

Everyone,you should be lucky we even have a Top Spin.At least ours is in a box so it can operate in the rain.At least its not outside so you dont burn up waiting in line to get on.And maybe they broke the geysers and frie and ice effect while trieng to de-theme it.